How does this Euro run get remembered?

Best European nights at Ibrox in my 36 years of going, some phenomenal performances but watching the final was agonising and the low after last night is going to take a while to ease. I’m desperately trying to change focus to Hampden on Saturday and thinking how difficult it must be for players to get motivated after last night.

I'm absolutely proud of the team. Some of the best nights I've had this season. Leipzig being the stand out.

Too many of our fans want to be miserable. In football sometimes you lose its life.

Wow, we got to a final against all the odds.

Our first 11 cost 13 million ffs :))

7 million on Kent, we put out Dortmund, Leipzig and Braga with ease.

Thank you Rangers! Thank you!

Leipzig atmosphere and performance

The Manchester run is always about Fiorentina.

The hurt won't fade but the pride in what the team has accomplished will be remembered.

You can't ignore 18 game run or whatever, it's an epic achievment, sadly we fell at the last but hat's off. We over achieved getting there.

Gio has to be backed in the summer to see where that takes us next.

It's got to be failure
What makes rangers rangers is striving and achieving success and trophies

Best runner up is not to be celebrated

In all honesty, I’ll forget it now. Same as the road to Manchester.

Unlike that lot we won’t be having pantomimes and renaming lounges after a defeat

I think it will be remembered more fondly than 2008, firstly because there were so many memorable Ibrox nights during it, and secondly because we actually scored way more goals.

The thing that sticks in my throat though is that we’ve now lost four out of five finals.

We may never have a better chance to win another European trophy and readdress that stat.

The same way as 08. Remember how good the journey was (better this time than 08 with the results and football we played), remember how good Seville was pre match. Erase the final from memory and never watch it again.

It'll be remembered for being a good run to the final. On the final we had to go for it - it was a one off game and we absolutely had to go for it. The players didn't go for it and the manager absolutely DID NOT go for it. So, we went down. We lost. As people keep say - nobody remembers the losers. We'll remember the run but ultimately too many gave up at the last hurdle.

If you had given me the chance at the start of the season to make a huge impression on the European stage, making it all the way to the final only to lose out on the absolute tiniest of margins, I’d have snapped your hand off.

The experiences this season have been incredible. Will always cherish those memories.

It'll be remembered for being a good run to the final. On the final we had to go for it - it was a one off game and we absolutely had to go for it. The players didn't go for it and the manager absolutely DID NOT go for it. So, we went down. We lost. As people keep say - nobody remembers the losers. We'll remember the run but ultimately too many gave up at the last hurdle.
Nonsense. Nobody ‘gave up’.

The players gave their all on the biggest of stages in pretty much unbearable conditions. We just missed out. Just.

From the qualifying rounds to the final - some of the greatest games I’ve seen Rangers play - both legs against BVB, the home game performance against Braga and that semi against Leipzig.

Great atmospheres, great goals and great players all over the place - this journey to the final will be remembered forever just like ’08 (if not more fondly than ’08).

We didn’t really show up last night.. not in the 90 minutes anyway, Frankfurt dealt with the game / occasion a lot better than us, but the players still took it all the way and it came down to a penalty kick.

Very proud of the team, manager and fans - If we see Rangers perform half as well as this every year (preferably in the Champions League) I’ll be a happy man.

Ten years ago we were in the third division.last night we played in a euro final and only lost on penalties. That's what we need to remember.

Nonsense. Nobody ‘gave up’.

The players gave their all on the biggest of stages in pretty much unbearable conditions. We just missed out. Just.
Sorry, not having that. It was an amazing run to the final but several players just were not giving it there all last night. Goldson was terrible, Kent was terrible, Barisic was terrible.

It was a one off game. We had to go for it - the manager didn't go for it. So, for me they gave up.

Bottom line: we played every round of the knockout stages against teams that were expected to beat us. Teams from better leagues than ours with far bigger budgets.

We lost on penalties against a Frankfurt team undefeated in Europe who had scalped Barca and the Hammers amongst others.

Does it hurt like hell? Yes.
Should we have incriminations and finger pointing? No

Because had luck been on our side last night by reversing two kicks of the penalty shootout not one person would give two flying monkies about the performance up to then.

What we need to do now is to try and compete in the knockout stages of Europe every season and build on this.

Sorry, not having that. It was an amazing run to the final but several players just were not giving it there all last night. Goldson was terrible, Kent was terrible, Barisic was terrible.

It was a one off game. We had to go for it - the manager didn't go for it. So, for me they gave up.
They didn’t ‘give up’. That implies lack of effort. I don’t know how any reasonable person can say that.

Goldson has played better, yes. He wasn’t terrible. He made one bad mistake in not clearing the cross (that should never have come in), but equally Bassey (who was outstanding) let his man get in front and McGregor flapped for the save.

They doubled up on Kent. He was played out the game.

They doubled up on Tav.

As Kent was so well marked, Barasic was unable to bring him into play so constantly went backwards instead.

Tactically, they done very well and nullified our threat. We tried a few things to compensate and came very close in extra time but it just wasn’t enough.

Back