How easy (or difficult) is it to get to tickets for Anfield?

St Andrews Bear

Busted Windscreen Bear
Wee boy as Gers daft as he is, also likes Liverpool, and wants to go to a home game before the end of the season. I don’t mind taking him but obviously need tickets.
What would be the easiest route to get 2 tickets for a game, don’t care who the opponents are

Probably toughest ground in European football to get. I'd look up travel companies and see if you can buy a package like a bus trip down with ticket included.

FA Cup might be an option, particularly if Liverpool are drawn at home against a lower league side. Risk is that the wee man wouldn't see the big name players, but he'd still get a day out at Anfield.

This season they’ve introduced a controversial system which makes it even harder to get tickets. Season ticket holders can’t just pass a ticket on if not needed. They need to register named members who will be ID’d at the gate. Therefore, even ‘lesser’ games or cup games still require named members for tickets.

As others have said, your only option is probably to pay premium on a travel company. If it’s a one-off, it might be worth it anyway. I did it for a trip to the Emirates to see Arsenal and it was reasonable value for the ticket, accommodation and stadium tour that I got.

I had to book hospitality for me and the other half just to get us tickets and even at that you need to be a season ticket holder to have access to all the hospitality packages.

It was a great day out to be fair.

I asked on Monday for another poster on here who wanted to take his boy to Anfield on boxing day v Leeds. Ticket office more or less said its virtually impossible. The price of hospitality is ridiculous and black market isnt advisable.

Im in Liverpool so will ask around but I think its highly unlikely.

Thanks for that will need deep pockets I think
Not actually fussed about staying over tbh but if I need to I will
Yeah mate it's a pain. There will probably be some agencies that do it just the packages are aimed at "tourists" but at least it's a guaranteed tickets. It's unfortunate your boy doesn't support City :D

Me and a couple of mates got tickets from a Liverpool supporters bus you could try email a few See if they can help you out.

This season they’ve introduced a controversial system which makes it even harder to get tickets. Season ticket holders can’t just pass a ticket on if not needed. They need to register named members who will be ID’d at the gate. Therefore, even ‘lesser’ games or cup games still require named members for tickets.

As others have said, your only option is probably to pay premium on a travel company. If it’s a one-off, it might be worth it anyway. I did it for a trip to the Emirates to see Arsenal and it was reasonable value for the ticket, accommodation and stadium tour that I got.

My brother put me on his (2) tickets in the Kop.

Love to help the OP out but it would have to be the perfect of all storms.

Brother and Mrs on holiday,
My sister, Dad & Nephew all unable to go as well.

Very very difficult - I source for maybe 3 or 4 games a year via a relative in Canada who is a Club Member - bloody expensive as you have to pay adult prices even for a kid.

As has been said ,it will be very hard to get 2 tickets for yourselves without resorting to hospitality packages, buying a yearly membership offers the chance of entering into a ballot for some of the less glamorous games,and also affords the opportunity of potentially picking up tickets in the late availability sales in the week leading up to the next home game, I was fortunate to get villa in a fortnight and Leicester in February in the members ballots,

Back