How Frank Lampard is laying down law at Chelsea as list of fines is revealed

BlueMeanie

Frank Lampard forged his reputation as a player on his ability to arrive late to good effect but it turns out he is a manager who cracks the whip in the quest for punctuality.

Lampard has imposed a strict disciplinary code behind the scenes of his Chelsea revolution and a list of fines, framed and hung on the wall inside the training ground features a whopping £20,000 penalty for players who are not on the training pitch in time to start a session.

Those rolling in late for team meetings can expect to be fined at a rate of £500 per minute and those not on time for treatment, medical appointments or to board the bus for a match-day departure will be fined £2,500.

A list of internal club fines to be dished out to Chelsea players has been leaked

Frank Lampard has the ultimate decision over what fines are handed out to them

Phones ringing during a team meeting or meal will cost Chelsea’s first-team players £1,000, as will the wrong attire on match-days.

Players failing to report an injury or illness ahead of a day off or within 90 minutes of training will be relieved of £10,000.

Fines are monitored and collected by Lampard’s coaching staff and doubled if not paid within 14 days with all funds going towards charities and team activities.

The Chelsea fines sheet also reveals Lampard has banned agents from the training ground, unless on official business, and that players must inform the club if they intend to travel abroad, even on scheduled days off.

Perhaps not surprisingly, Chelsea insiders note time-keeping has not been a major problem this season.

Same stuff Advocaat done and got instant reaction from. The true test comes down the line when a star player goes against the grain or cliques start to form.

Was the rumour not Advocaat sent the team to bed after a few drinks one night in a hotel and then someone came back down and the Dutch players were with the staff still having some drinks? Was that true or pure bullshit?

Can’t see a problem with it. People getting paid such vast sums of money should be professional and respectful at all times. I am sure if there is a good excuse lampard will be sympathetic

Surely that can't be legal in today's world of H.R madness?!
Footballers are self employed contractors so I would expect adherence to these policies are built into their contracts.

Edit: I might not be right about them being Ltd contractors! :))

Footballers are self employed contractors so I would expect adherence to these policies are built into their contracts.

Edit: I might not be right about them being Ltd contractors! :))

ours were not in the Murray era unfortunately

Surely that can't be legal in today's world of H.R madness?!
I’d imagine it’s in their Ts & Cs.
I’m glad Lampard is laying down the law, especially with a young squad like he has, they need discipline, and due to his legendary status as a player I’d imagine very few will cross him.

Can anyone remember who Advocaat fined? I know one player was fined for being late to the team lunch (he insisted the team eat together) but I can’t remember which player it was.

I would guess there is some sort of official fines list for us but I do know there is a spin to win wheel in HTC dressing room with a list of rewards or penalties. Its designed as fun to boost team spirit/bonding. The player spins the wheel and wherever it stops, thats what they must do. It includes boot cleaning, coffee run, bringing training gear in, or winning something.

Can anyone remember who Advocaat fined? I know one player was fined for being late to the team lunch (he insisted the team eat together) but I can’t remember which player it was.
Did he not fine Barry for using a lift?

I also seem to remember he fell out with Amato as he wouldn't let him wear white boots. Adidas were going to pay him a fortune to wear them and wee Dick told him to bolt :D

Did he not fine Barry for using a lift?

I also seem to remember he fell out with Amato as he wouldn't let him wear white boots. Adidas were going to pay him a fortune to wear them and wee Dick told him to bolt :D

I remember that too! In fact Amato’s white boots were one of the reasons I knew who he was, he used to wear them when he played for Mallorca and they always made him stand out.

I remember at home to Killie (I think?) he really embarrassed Craig Moore by grabbing hold of him on the touchline and shouting him down in front of 50,000.

good on Lampard. With the age group of the squad he has he needs to keep them disciplined so they're no acting like billy big shots

Back