How good a manager do we have in Gerrard

We’re starting to see the tactics and organisation of an Advocaat side mixed with the dig and winning mentality of a Walter Smith side.

When this team becomes used to silverware, this is going to be epic.

I reckon we are very fortunate to have a great manager in the making, future Liverpool & England if he chooses.

I always knew he would get it right given time. The task he faced should not be underestimated.

A fantastic appointment and what a man to have associated with our great club. He gets us and will always love the club.

Backed the appointment of him, backed him last season, & back him all the way still.

This was never an easy job, never mind for a first manager, but he's had to help build a full new squad on a budget, so I always appreciated it would take time. There was enough evidence to suggest he was on the right track, even with the blip.

The modern football fan see a blip nowadays as now reason to get rid, without even looking at context. It's 1 of the reasons I think guys like Arteta & Lampard should have been given more time.

I think for me, what sets the top managers apart, is getting the modern player to believe in what you are trying to do, to command respect, to get them to want to play for you. Tactics of course play a part, but more importantly its mentality, man management & confidence. Klopp, Pep, Fergie, early Mourinho, early Wenger, Walter, all had players that would run through walls for them. I believe Gerrard has that nailed, & I'm happy he's ours.

One of the best young gaffers in world football.

The idea that he can’t go straight from Rangers to (for example) a Liverpool level club without having to spend two years at a diddy team like Villa or West Ham is utterly preposterous.

Correct. Especially when a club like Liverpool built a full foundation of sustained success promoting & building from within.

As most of you will know I've been a massive supporter of Gerrard. I really wanted us to go for a massive name and was singing the praises of Gerrard prior to his arrival. I will be totally honest and I thought he'd be lucky to survive our defeat to Hamilton last season. I think we've got an absolute gem in Gerrard and would like to gauge opinion of the forum.

Amazing manager and more importantly our management team. Just like Alfie some listened too much to the MSM thinking the job was too big for him. Others using their own grey matter seen the progress. And watched him bring back an amazing UEFA co efficient in 3 years.

SG will out grow us and move on to Liverpool IMHO. He will go with my blessing when that day comes. He has earned it. Hopefully we get to have a few more years of the great man. Celtic under estimated him. And now hopefully we can see the benefit for many a year to come. Last night alone how many more millions is that in our Kitty?

I’m embarrassed thinking back to how wrong I was about Gerrard.
That said, don’t underestimate the influence of Beale . He seems happy to go under the radar but I suspect is key to where we are now.

Back