How good are we?

Thommo2006

I watch epl regularly I honestly dont think we are far off the 4-8 teams.

I still think we will get better come the summer I think champions league will see us sign players that will smash us in terms of the spl and make us a force in europe in terms of europa league.

This team will create and score against anyone. We go into big games with the attitude of a big team. Let them worry about us, we want to dominate the ball, get forward and win games.

I don't know how far that will take us, but it's absolutely brilliant to watch.

We fear nobody either home or away. It's why we won't be viewed as a favourable draw for anyone tomorrow. Yes you will get the usual EPL arrogance from their fans if we get one of their sides, but the actual teams won't fancy us.

I still think we will get better come the summer I think champions league will see us sign players that will smash us in terms of the spl and make us a force in europe in terms of europa league.
Can get better but what an exciting few games of football. Loved every second of it.

Going forward very good but as we face better teams our defence will have to tighten up a bit as we cant rely on McGregor all the time

A very decent last 16 team, whether we get another round, I don't know.

I do know that in the group stage and this tie we've scored 22 goals in 8 games

Tonight, listening to those post-match interviews after that result, it really hit me like a 30-yarder from the left foot of Albertz just how fcking unreal a job SG and his team are doing.

I was so wary when he came in and even the last two years seeing us drop off late in the season and look like we just couldn’t finish things off.

But you look at the journey and the progression of things under him and it really is breathtaking. This isn’t a hammy, ride your luck and sucker punch your way through run. This is proper quality, character and confidence in every fibre of the set-up.

In EPL we could give everyone a game outside the top 6 and if really on our game we would make it difficult for some teams in the normal top 6.

Man City would pump us. Liverpool on their day without their current issues would be hard to live with. The rest I think we would make life difficult for them.

In EPL we could give everyone a game outside the top 6 and if really on our game we would make it difficult for some teams in the normal top 6.

Man City would pump us. Liverpool on their day without their current issues would be hard to live with. The rest I think we would make life difficult for them.
Good chance we get to test this theory quite soon! :)

If our defence and attack could both be "at it" at the same time then we'd be absolutely awesome.

I agree to a certain extent but as much as the champions league can attract players, the thought of playing in the SPFL may put players off.

Take for example Boya who played tonight for Antwerp.

You never know...
back in 08 how many of us thought we’d get to final? I definitely never. Realistically though, I’m pretty satisfied with what we’ve done this year even if we go out next round.
Next year. If we make the groups of the CL and acquit ourselves well, that’s the target. Anything more is a bonus.

I think a lot of respect has to be given to the analytical work put in by the management team beforehand of our opponents.

They knew if we attacked we would score goals - and plenty of them. Tonight was all about going for it and getting the result. 9 goals against the 2nd best team in Belgium is some going.

Simply the Best.

*end thread*

lol

Can't agree.

Back