How good was Michael Mols?

TQ3

As amazing as his turns were, and they were as good as any player I have ever seen live. He was actually lethal, scoring volleys/tap ins, a wide variety of goals. Over all, he was one of the finest footballers I have watched, mesmerising and exciting. I, like so many others, thought he was the player that could take us to another level, before his injury.
I still marvel at Micheal Mols talent, a one off.

Rangers daft

What an unbelievable player he was. You can't teach the way he turned players inside out...to an extent it was unnatural the way he could twist and turn away from defenders, can't really think of anyone who had that type of movement and awareness in the box with their back to goal and I include the best of the best in that statement. If we had a fit mols for three or four seasons he would be mentioned in our all time 11 in my opinion

AzorIbrox

It doesn't get talked about enough just how good Michael Mols was.

And what we could've achieved with a fit Michael Mols is one of the biggest What If's in our history.

Barry

A fit Mols would have went on to the very top of the game. That injury took away that little bit of magic. A bigger ‘what if’ I cannot recall.

Carson's Cat

It's been hinted at but not said explicitly: Mikey Mols is an absolute gent and about the nicest man you could ever care to meet.

That match vs Bayern was a real heart-breaker. We absolutely battered them that night.

Edit: Khan did not assault/commit a hard tackle on Mols so away with this pish.

Woodrow Call

Posh Spice is a hooker
She takes it up both holes
And when she's shaggin Beckham
She dreams of Michael Mols

He's Mols.........

PetricPower

Mols could collect a 60mph pass, turn and he was away. Fk me he was a special talent until that German pwick Oliver Khan fked up his Rangers career. I now wonder if the modern day treatments we have for his type of injury would have sustained his career back then. Who knows.

Lance Uppercut

I was watching the FC Haka game with a bunch of Spoonburners which I think was our fist sight of Mols in a Rangers shirt.
They were a bit lippy to start with but after a while it all went a bit quiet from them.
After the second goal one of them just looked at me and said "Oh dear".

Fife Bear

pre injury he averaged a goal a game and was the best striker I have ever saw in a Rangers shirt. The injury ruined him though and he was never prolific after it.

tangledupinblue

My first memory of Rangers was the team of 99. Had this man’s name on the back of the NTL home top. My absolute hero alongside Stefan Klos.

The injury against Bayern broke my heart (it wasn’t Kahn’s fault before anyone has a go) - how good do you think he would have been if that didn’t happen?

I was young at the time, but I reckon he would have been good enough to sign for a Champions League contender.

Spent my summer trying to mimic his famous turn (most of the time I fell on my arse).
He was electrifying to watch. Absolute class. He had 2 or 3 players round him in the box most of the time. Larsson on the other hand didn't receive the same.

Bearsden Bear

My first memory of Rangers was the team of 99. Had this man’s name on the back of the NTL home top. My absolute hero alongside Stefan Klos.

The injury against Bayern broke my heart (it wasn’t Kahn’s fault before anyone has a go) - how good do you think he would have been if that didn’t happen?

I was young at the time, but I reckon he would have been good enough to sign for a Champions League contender.

Spent my summer trying to mimic his famous turn (most of the time I fell on my arse).
We were a Champions League contender with a fit Michael Mols in the side!

WalterLoyal

He was unbelievable during that period before his injury. Post-injury he was still good but nowhere near the same level. He still went on for several years after that injury though and was performing well for Feyenoord in his late 30's.

Mr Souness

Bearing in mind he was 28 when he signed (and no one had heard of him prior), I still believe he wouldve been spoken of in the same breath as Laudrup, Gascoigne etc as one of the greats barring that injury.

He was phenomenal in that first 6 months.
The 4 goals against motherwell spring to mind. Remember them well from the copland rear. All types of finishes just pure class. And thinking who the f uck is this c unt wow.

pelem

Mikey Mols was a great player for RANGERS and should have contributed more only that prick Oliver Khan came so far out of his goal he would have been better sitting in the stand with his support, but mikey should have just fallen on that big bastard instead of trying to leap over him.

Thats how he got his injury. He should have done Khan.

Dave570

Bearing in mind he was 28 when he signed (and no one had heard of him prior), I still believe he wouldve been spoken of in the same breath as Laudrup, Gascoigne etc as one of the greats barring that injury.

He was phenomenal in that first 6 months.
He was well known in Holland as a top player. Not a prolific goalscorer but fantastic link up man.

Blue horizon

Mols was too nice.

Should of done Kahn instead of stepping over him.

And the rest they say is history.

Until then he was simply Unplayable.
Mols' tight turning was his big trademark cos at times he could so easily make defenders simply look stupid, he had to have had mega bendy parts in his knees, as for that bassa german keeper, he was an animal in that sad evil cowardly challenge.
Like our Durrant, Mols also came back from an evil injury and good at times but the Brilliance was then sadly missing a great bit..