How hard is it to become a UEFA official?

Totally agree OP.
Their decision making throughout the game, was atrocious for "Alleged" high ranking officials.

We were saying the same thing.

A few times you could see he didn't know what way to go and looked to the referee for guidance.

Should VAR not have identified that the throw in leading to the goal was wrong? I thought they reviewed everything after a goal

No.

IMO blaming the throw in for the goal is clutching at straws a bit. Our defending was horrendous after that.

The linesman pissed me off when Morelos got clattered in the corner about a yard away from him and he never got a free kick.

No.

IMO blaming the throw in for the goal is clutching at straws a bit. Our defending was horrendous after that.

The linesman pissed me off when Morelos got clattered in the corner about a yard away from him and he never got a free kick.
Assistant Referee bottled that one. Both him and the ref were waiting for the other to give it.

Europa League official’s are not top level until the semi finals all the best officials are in the CL. Only thing I’d say about last nights bunch was they were marginally better than the muppets we get domestically.

In answer to OP's question & last nights display...walk & chew gum at the same time?

If the assistant ref isn’t sure he is supposed to go with what the ref says.
AR was right on top of it - not sure it was a question of being sure - it’s within the AR’s quadrant and ref is obscured by the Braga player - he should have flagged for the foul. But yes, if he inexplicably wasn’t sure that incident was a foul then he’s right not to do anything, I just can’t see how that wasn’t given.

Should VAR not have identified that the throw in leading to the goal was wrong? I thought they reviewed everything after a goal

If play had been stopped and restarted then the ref can’t go back for a review except for a red card or mistaken identity.

Not only was Morelos being clattered in the corner a free kick but it should have been a corner at the very least.

Officials were woeful last night.

Back