How have celtic and Aberdeen been punished

Benefits for them of games being postponed:

- Crowds may be at game if they are not held until next year so they get a home game against the sheep in front of thousands of fans. More cash and more fans.
- Scum may have bought players that improve squad
- Gives an air of "untouchability" about Celtic in that they can have multiple players breach lockdown and not get punished but in fact rewarded.

Disadvantages

- They don't get to play against an Aberdeen side who are missing 8 players
- They could be zillions of points behind us and fail mentally to recoup
- Eduard may be sold so they play those games without him
Cheers mate, focussing on the Cons ;)

I read somewhere that postponed matches need to be played without any new signings. ALthough that could be changed by the time the games come round. Personally, win the next 3 matches and an 11 point gap will be too big to bridge even at this stage of the season.

I'm sure ally mccoist thought the same when we were 12 points in front with a game in hand or 15 in front played a game more in his first season

Unless COVID rules are incorporated into SPFL/SFA rules I don’t think they as a club have a case to answer.
That's the way SPFL will spin it certainly but I'm not sure how the law is something clubs or the SPFL can ignore. He was not self isolating as required. He was breaking the law. The club played him in the game during the isolation period. It's semantics to say there's nothing in SPFL rules that renders him ineligible. The law says he shouldn't have been there and the SPFL shouldn't be ignoring the law in their rules nor think their rules are above the law.

Or put another way, just because there is nothing specific in SPFL rules doesn't mean he wasn't ineligible. Or at least that's the common sense spin.

Nobody's even sure if the SPFL have a rule about this that would allow them to dish out a punishment. Surely if there was one then journalists would be quoting it etc. Would anybody be surprised if the SPFL were so incompetent that this was yet another thing they hadn't bothered their arse writing a rule for?

I was watching The Nine last night (I know) and Gollum was convinced that both teams would be punished further down the line.

Nobody's even sure if the SPFL have a rule about this that would allow them to dish out a punishment. Surely if there was one then journalists would be quoting it etc. Would anybody be surprised if the SPFL were so incompetent that this was yet another thing they hadn't bothered their arse writing a rule for?

You’d think there’d have to be given the seriousness of the situation, after all this goes well beyond football and to government level. It’s a matter of life and death for some.

But one thing I can say, if this was one of our players they’d very quickly devise a punishment, write the and change the rules accordingly akin to 2012 (especially after us asking for their ‘leader’s’ suspension). It’s just amusing that there were rumours of us having broken some sort of protocol for a friendly a few weeks ago and the media knives were already being sharpened, now this happens and the media are right in there forcing the “punish the player, leave the club alone” mantra.

Reactions: TN8
They'll be punished in the same way Hibs were for their Scottish cup final pitch invasion...

Theres 2 sets of rules.

If our governing body was fair then rules would have been established before a ball was kicked to ensure no matter who broke the rules the punishment was there for all to see but they are the most biased and corrupt governing body in domestic football and they deliberately didn't have procedures in place just incase covid fc where the ones breaking the rules. Now it's just a case of nothing to see here let's move along now

The only rule they could be bothered pursuing was the rule to allow the Board to take all decisions during COVID. Utter sham of an organisation who have spent the last few months covering their arses.

There's no chance of the mentally challengeds and Dolly being punished.

With the SPFL being the total shambles that they are, I doubt if there's even any rules in place to punish them.

They haven't, if anything the tims are happy they get a break and get more signings in. It's worked out better for them.

All we can do is crank up the pressure with wins and make them chase us

The spl have yet to declare their punishment for both clubs but there will be punishments.

Anyway this is a huge advantage to us that their 2 games won't be played until next year, its massive if we take full points.

If they see we are 8 or 11 ahead it puts huge pressure and doubt in their minds.

They will be chasing us for once !

Just your hunch? Where are you getting this from?

That's the way SPFL will spin it certainly but I'm not sure how the law is something clubs or the SPFL can ignore. He was not self isolating as required. He was breaking the law. The club played him in the game during the isolation period. It's semantics to say there's nothing in SPFL rules that renders him ineligible. The law says he shouldn't have been there and the SPFL shouldn't be ignoring the law in their rules nor think their rules are above the law.

Or put another way, just because there is nothing specific in SPFL rules doesn't mean he wasn't ineligible. Or at least that's the common sense spin.

The fact the club did not know (or so they say) that he went to Spain is also irrelevant. If he was taking performance enhancing drugs which the club did not know about, there would be a case for a 0-3. It’s a very similar situation. The SFA and SPFL must have made a commitment to the SG to follow COVID rules. They must have!

There’s no punishment as such, make no mistake though, the filth would 1 million percent rather be playing these games just now, it’s a huge inconvenience for them that’s it.

Exactly this. Check the dates for the euro ties, cup games for this year and last, international games mixed with the games that will be called off through bad weather. There is very little chance Celtic will be able to catch up on games for months.

That there is the truth and yet they wanted carte blanche to do what they seen fit ffs!!

I am sure they will get punished ,after all they have brought the game into disrepute ,both The scum and sheep

Back