How important is being entertained ?

club175

Official Ticketer
While it’s great that we are at the top of the league, I was wondering how important it is for people to be entertained?
Ultimately winning is the most important thing but I’ll admit that I haven’t actually enjoyed watching us for quite a long time. For the amount of possession we have we really don’t create many chances in games and for long periods of games we look like a mid table team. Am I expecting too much to want entertained while winning aswell when we have a budget that dwarfs everybody in the league other than the Tims

While it’s great that we are at the top of the league, I was wondering how important it is for people to be entertained?
Ultimately winning is the most important thing but I’ll admit that I haven’t actually enjoyed watching us for quite a long time. For the amount of possession we have we really don’t create many chances in games and for long periods of games we look like a mid table team. Am I expecting too much to want entertained while winning aswell when we have a budget that dwarfs everybody in the league other than the Tims
Nothing matters except winning 56

It’s not otherwise we wouldn’t bother.

Most weeks you’re up against shite referees, shite managers who want to waste time after 10 minutes and thugs who get 5 free shots to maim your talented players. Sometimes you get sucked into that mediocrity aswell.

People who criticise the support at times have to stop and think that we’re paying through the nose for an inferior product.
If you’re a Bayern Munich or Dortmund fan for example you’re paying the same money(or less) for a better environment and watching practically a different sport.

It’s maddening at times but we can only play what’s in front of us.
All about The Rangers and that.

People who think teams will entertain you every week, basically haven’t followed a team over a full season and invested in it each week

Like most, I’d love to see outstanding football played at pace with chances galore.
However, give me a scrappy 1-0 win over a 1-1 draw like against Motherwell where we created plenty, every time.

For me being entertained is a desirable as opposed to being an essential. Winning is the be all and end all. We were not too bad last week against Motherwell and drew. We were crap today and won. I'm much happier with today's outcome having secured the 3pts despite the performance than I was last week

I honestly feel that a bizarre amount of our fans don't actually enjoy football.
To be fair, a lot of our fans don’t watch football out with Rangers. I find that baffling, but they obviously have their reasons and I respect that!.

Entertainment vs Victory.

The two go hand in hand though, don’t they ? I mean as results have shown already this season you don’t get away with that rubbish for long. It’s not style we lack right now, but the basics.

Would like it to be better but delighted to be winning.

Look at clubs around Europe... United, Atletico, Chelsea etc all losing today. Several others drawing like Liverpool etc

Just keep Winning and all will be forgiven :D

Still laughing at Lennon last year just wanting a bit of Pizazz. Was it you OP, what they putting in the drinks in Bar72 :shh: B-D

I honestly feel that a bizarre amount of our fans don't actually enjoy football.

You are onto something big.....the thing I get less and less...is you turn up pay for a seat in many cases stretching yourself financially to do it. You demand totally accountability from the players and club....yet you could help that goal be achieved by showing some accountability yourself....not senseless criticism, not personal abuse to our own players, not nagging and complaining through the whole game. Nope you demand the best and ignore the single thing you can do on the day-try to encourage and spark the team.

If you sit at Ibrox and around you you cannot locate at least 6 fans who turn up every week absolutely with the most negative mindset you can find....then you have a much better seat than me.

I think it's actually worse in overall historical context considering 55 and indeed what the club have been through.

There is a way to win 1-0 and right now it’s as much by accident rather than by design. We have all seen 1-0 wins where we were never in danger and we controlled the game. Although I appreciate you can’t dominate every game for the full game we don’t appear to counter attack or press - it’s just so robotic!
winning is the main thing but IMO the manner of the wins would suggest we will probably sooner than later come unstuck.

I went to the cinema a while back.
Movie looked great on paper.
Great critiques etc.
In reality, or my opinion, it was gash.
Was I entertained. Nah.
Would I go and see it again. Nah.
That's where football is different.
Every week throws up a challenge.
Every team who opposes us throws up a challenge.
Do you think these teams say "ach, it's Rangers, nae chance the day"
Of course not.
Every single one of them up their game.
If we were winning every game by 4 or 5 goals you'll still get people bemoaning the fact there is no competition.

I’m usually entertained with league titles and cups. Micro-entertainment is nice but not necessary.

The subway loyal leave early enough we don’t want to give them an excuse to leave even earlier,If the football is garbage we can expect an exodus at half time.

Winning is the most important thing but we are a pale shadow of the side that romped the league last season, chewing my fingernails most games this season as I'm touching cloth while we are only 1 goal in front against dogged shit kickers who rely on a fluke attack that our once solid defence seems to be less than convincing

This year, the only thing that matters to me is winning this league. Don’t care how we do it, just get us into the champions league, cash in on some players and fresh the squad up with new talent.

"Entertainment" isn't that important to me when it comes to Rangers. I get a lot of entertainment from seeing us win.

That being said, definitely would like the performances to be a lot more convincing than we've seen this season.

We went a full decade between SPFL title wins. The majority of the time between it wasn't at all entertaining.

When we finished 3rd place in 17-18, we were the top goalscorers in the league. Was anybody feeling entertained that season?
The larger point is that they just moan whatever the circumstances are and shift the goalposts to continue being miserable despite what happens. It baffles me they pay hundreds if not thousands of pounds for the privilege. I genuinely think there's an issue around enjoyment of the sport and the expectations outweighing the reality of it at the very least.

That wasn’t entertaining for me. It was just a relief to get the win. Entertainment is playing with style , confidence , the players in tune with each other, Morelos on his game , shots at goal, creativity etc. We had very little of that today.

The larger point is that they just moan whatever the circumstances are and shift the goalposts to continue being miserable despite what happens. It baffles me they pay hundreds if not thousands of pounds for the privilege. I genuinely think there's an issue around enjoyment of the sport and the expectations outweighing the reality of it at the very least.
Should fans not expect a team with all the advantages over their competition to at least look a level or two above the opposition? I get that you can’t win well every game but week to week we play the exact same way and every week is a slog .

Back