How important is our away fans songbook tomorrow

Jorg

Official Ticketer
in the grand scheme of things?

'UEFA' cant touch us in a domestic game could be the cry

going forward, do we need an incident free afternoon re tomorrows away support songs/chants

how important is this, moving forward as a club/support

It’s very important. You can now guarantee there will be a large number of media hacks, officials and others listening in a frenzy waiting for the song(s) to start – they’re desperate to hammer us and they now have something to latch on to.

We need to be realistic, habits don’t change overnight especially when you add in the fact that a large section of the travelling support will be well-canned. Maybe pessimistic, but I can’t see us not getting hammered.

The only ace we have up our sleeve is the mountain of evidence of the tims doing the same, domestically.

I sincerely hope the eyes and ears of the county's media are on both games in equal measure tomorrow, anti-protestant songs/chants must be treated the same way as anti-catholicism have been over the last 36hrs. I won't hold my breath!

in the grand scheme of things?

'UEFA' cant touch us in a domestic game could be the cry

going forward, do we need an incident free afternoon re tomorrows away support songs/chants

how important is this, moving forward as a club/support
Don't be shocked if strict liability is now pushed for harder than ever, with offenses being backdated to the start of the season. I think it's unlikely but not unfeasible, but regardless we will be under a microscope

What has just happened has been absolutely devastating if I'm honest. I'm very worried about where all this is heading but we absolutely need to reboot and reinvent ourself as a support. We are now on the radar for UEFA and with lawell having a bit of influence in there that concerns me greatly.

Tomorrow is massive. We need to be talking about football just now before the LW and scum game. 2 massive games we need to win that could define our season. I just hope this circus hasn't had an adverse in the players already.

A decent win and a squeaky clean songbook and I will be delighted. I'm not very confident in the latter part being achieved though

I’d fully support complete silence tomorrow. We haven’t been told what’s acceptable so we don’t sing anything at all. No point taking the risk.

Stewart , sutherland and Thomson will be standing behind the bbc sound guys , cocks in hand , waiting to start chugging furiously at the first sign of any misdemeanour however small .

Are we the only club in world football who's songbook is scrutinised? Genuine question btw, because that's the way it seems.

Sadly i expect a "fhuck the SFA" It was loud after pen call last week for God knows why.
The dafties we have in our support cannot help themselves.
My only hope is the early ko means most will be soberish...though some may not have been home yet.
Fingers x'd the only chat is about a pumping of St Boo.

No different than it was last week v Hibs, we’ve known for more than a decade what we couldn’t sing in Europe or we would be fined it’s no longer a fine so folk won’t sing Billy Boys (Anything with 19th Century Terrorist) in Europe and will probably stop again in the away support everything else will and still should be fair game

Not getting into the right or wrongs of songs, but that’s the way it is

The hand wringing regarding the the big bad SFA/SPFL is getting tedious.

For the record, I hope the bears enjoy themselves, GET THE 3 points, don't stop singing for 90 mins and we leave TBB at home

However the SPFL and Doncaster will do f*ck all.

The hand wringing regarding the the big bad SFA/SPFL is getting tedious.

For the record, I hope the bears enjoy themselves, GET THE 3 points, don't stop singing for 90 mins and we leave TBB at home

However the SPFL and Doncaster will do f*ck all.

what about 'we are rangers, super rangers'

Like it or not, we have to be squeaky clean not just tomorrow but from now on, make no mistake the songbook has to change or we're going to suffer big time. it's that simple.
There are numerous threads with how we are being singled out, we need to stop giving them the ammunition to hurt us.
For those of us that still enjoy the "tunes" there will have to be a time & a place & that place won't be inside football stadiums.

Don't be shocked if strict liability is now pushed for harder than ever, with offenses being backdated to the start of the season. I think it's unlikely but not unfeasible, but regardless we will be under a microscope
Not possible. Unhelpful to the debate to include falsehoods, however well intentioned.

Under current rules, no sanctions could be applied.

However, it would be unhelpful to say the least for anything inflammatory to be sung tommorow. The media would be jumping all over it. As with Europe, it can be seen that singing TBB or about Feñians is more helpful to our enemies than for our own team and support. If we win tomorrow we want to do as much as possible to have headlines focus on the football rather than off field issues.

Cant for the life of me think why some of our fans still sing this shit. There are quite a few of our players who are catholic and cross themselves but the only thing that matters to me is that they give 100% the same as any other player.

What really worries me is this is the punishment from the stjoesephs game and I heard the same shit v the Danes. Will that bite us next?

FARE should also be banned or we start our own organisation who need to go to their European games and report everything to uefa.

Probably the highest viewing figures for years. Every poet and media @unts will be glued to our game. Rangers songs loud and proud.

Cant for the life of me think why some of our fans still sing this shit. There are quite a few of our players who are catholic and cross themselves but the only thing that matters to me is that they give 100% the same as any other player.

What really worries me is this is the punishment from the stjoesephs game and I heard the same shit v the Danes. Will that bite us next?

FARE should also be banned or we start our own organisation who need to go to their European games and report everything to uefa.

Not aloud to ban FARE.

Can I also just ask that everyone that has twitter gets out every sectarian and pro-IRA thing they sing or banner they have. WE are in a dirty PR Battle ad have been left behind because whilst they have been busy on social media we have had people on here screaming..THAT'S WHATABOUTERY! ( I hate that bloody term)

Its nothing of the sort and instead its throwing mud at their brand and trying even the score..

Whether it’s a match under UEFA jurisdiction or not, rolling out the songbook we know to be either banned or contentious today would be a ridiculous act of stupidity and self harm. The mhedia will be super attentive, even more so than usual, so just don’t give them the ammunition.

Massive. They would continue to pile on. And in the shit storm which would follow think of the impact it would have on Gerrard, who might be thinking ‘do I want to be associated with this every single week?’

Just cut it out. The songs are done for good. Accept it and move on. Celebrate the wonderful songs we do have.

Not possible. Unhelpful to the debate to include falsehoods, however well intentioned.

Under current rules, no sanctions could be applied.

However, it would be unhelpful to say the least for anything inflammatory to be sung tommorow. The media would be jumping all over it. As with Europe, it can be seen that singing TBB or about Feñians is more helpful to our enemies than for our own team and support. If we win tomorrow we want to do as much as possible to have headlines focus on the football rather than off field issues.
I am happy to retract that if you believe it is not possible but i'm more concerned it will not be the current rulebook that is used as scope for punishment. I understand this could be successfully challenged, but Rangers being in the situation of having to defend sectarian singing is one I would rather avoid. As I say though, I will happily admit that I am wrong if it this impossible as I appreciate it is an extreme scenario.

Agree completely though regarding giving no reason for headlines other than about our performance. A good 3-0 win ;)

We have a great habit of shooting ourselves in the foot - would be no surprise if today becomes a display of petulance and defiance with all our greatest hits getting an airing.

For the record I think we need to drop the songs in question completely but if in super rangers it was changed to paedo bastards would the media be as keen to talk about it ?

Given the amount of so called scrutiny that will be on the bears today, maybe a banner referring to the games biggest peadophile scandal involving a certain club and its subsequent cover up by certain individuals involved in said club and the governing organisation would be worthy?

Back