How is katic doing ?

BlueLedbetter

Official Ticketer
How's his rehab going ? Any chance he will be our 4th centre half in the new year or is he still a bit away?

I’d estimate he won’t be back till March (in a proper playing capacity). Although, I’m sure he said he’s hoping to be training at some stage in January.

He seems in good spirits though going by his social media posts.

Gutted the injury came at such an important stage of development, he’s been working a lot on his upper body.

Can’t wait for him to be back.

He will be desperate to get back and will probably need reeled in and told to cool his jets

How's his rehab going ? Any chance he will be our 4th centre half in the new year or is he still a bit away?

I think that's a bit ambitious mate.

He may be back in training by the end of January, but he'll then need a full pre season, plus eased back into bounce games and then competitive action.

I'd say April, if things go to plan, although getting him fully fit for next season will be a big plus.

He's got 3 top central defenders in front of him who he can learn off and become a big player for us imo.

On a related matter If Edmundson was to be moved on in January would Lewis Mayo be an adequate 4th CD cover or would we have have to take another guy in on loan / buy ?

If we go on and clinch this title that we crave so much I will feel for big Niko if he missed out on a medal. He really loves it here.

I think at best he might manage a cameo or two before the end of the season but mainly this season is a write off for him.

Love how dangerous he is from attacking set pieces. Still think he has all the attributes to be our most valuable centre back.

He may be back in training by the end of January, but he'll then need a full pre season, plus eased back into bounce games and then competitive action.

I'd say April, if things go to plan, although getting him fully fit for next season will be a big plus.

He's got 3 top central defenders in front of him who he can learn off and become a big player for us imo.
Does Edmunsons banned games only count in the league?

Your right, plus a bit better weather in April with the pitches being in better condition.
He likely should not play on plastic pitches this season.

How does it work in Scotland regarding how many games you need to play before receiving a league honour ?

Kingsley Coman is credited with league winning honours with PSG in seasons 2012/13 and 2013/14 where he only played in 1 and 2 games respectfully, he also won Serie A 2015/16 with Juve again only featuring in one match. Does it work that way in Scotland?

How does it work in Scotland regarding how many games you need to play before receiving a league honour ?

Kingsley Coman is credited with league winning honours with PSG in seasons 2012/13 and 2013/14 where he only played in 1 and 2 games respectfully, he also won Serie A 2015/16 with Juve again only featuring in one match. Does it work that way in Scotland?
No, you need to play 25% of the games.

For example JCD didn’t get one in 08/09, but majority of the time clubs will have one made for the player.

For that reason I absolutely detest the Coman stat.

Put it this way, I did my left ACL in 2011, was good 6 to 9 months before return to football. Did my right ACL august last year and was told 12 months.

So anything ahead of 12 months is good for Niko!

Put it this way, I did my left ACL in 2011, was good 6 to 9 months before return to football. Did my right ACL august last year and was told 12 months.

So anything ahead of 12 months is good for Niko!
Unfortunate mate, ACL is probably the only injury I’ve avoided.

No, you need to play 25% of the games.

For example JCD didn’t get one in 08/09, but majority of the time clubs will have one made for the player.

For that reason I absolutely detest the Coman stat.

Apparently Colin Stein never got one in 1975, despite scoring the goal that won us the league at Easter Rd.

He'd come back from Coventry City late winter/early spring and never played enough games to get a medal.

It was also the season where the small matter of the mentally challengeds winning a genuine 10 was prevented.

I very much doubt we’ll see him this season unless we’re cantering in the last 5 or so games. It’s not worth the risk unless you really need to play, the body needs time to adjust to that injury after it’s healed.

Unfortunate mate, ACL is probably the only injury I’ve avoided.

Yeah it’s shit mate. Second one was actually at Ibrox in a charity game. 3 minutes after kickoff without having touched the ball. Sad times.

Slowly getting back to 5s as I play with a the same 10/12 lads every week who are gentle around me

We're in the fortunate situation that we don't need to rush him.

But for the lad himself, he's in the position of having to throw a six to start again.

Best wishes to him for a complete recovery.

Hopefully he gets a short run out before the league season is finished preferably the last game but more important he takes his time and gets himself fully ready as it will take him a while to get back up to match speed

Back