Tuesday’s football

Roma have another brilliant chance, Karsdorp fires it across goal rather than composing himself & playing it across.

Adams goes round the keeper. Empty net to roll it into and waits for a defender to get back and hits it straight off him. :rolleyes:
Missed an open goal on Boxing Day, a rebound from a free kick. Bounced right in front of him & he tried to header it, mistimed it & missed the ball.

Useless.

Chelsea are painful to watch. It’s as if they’re tactically bankrupt - none of them have a clue what to do when they’re in possession. Abramovich will be edging closer to pulling the trigger on Frank if they keep playing like this.

Mayoral goes clean through in the 86th minute, dead centre & he puts it way past the post.

First time I’ve properly seen him, by god he is shite.

Chelsea are in a terrible state at present.

It’s difficult to admit but Rodgers is a high quality coach. Surely leicester should have been worked out by now - still hasn’t happened

Chelsea are painful to watch. It’s as if they’re tactically bankrupt - none of them have a clue what to do when they’re in possession. Abramovich will be edging closer to pulling the trigger on Frank if they keep playing like this.
I think he’s toast mate. You need luck as a manager first half penalty changed by VAR correctly but it was millimetres then a goal disallowed for offside again millimetres. Obviously both correct but no luck and that as much as tactics will nail Lampard. Was it Sir Alex who said better to be a lucky manager than a good one?

I looked last month and was surprised Chelsea were clear favs to get past Atletico.

Atletico still sitting at over evens but price has come in slightly.

13/10 for them to win the first leg looks a great price on current form.

Chelsea are in a terrible state at present.

It’s difficult to admit but Rodgers is a high quality coach. Surely leicester should have been worked out by now - still hasn’t happened
Only fucking morons suggested he wasn't a good manager when he signed for them and loved to run with the myth that he was some sort of laughing stock in England

He wasn't. He had the piss taken out of him for his cringe worthy soundbites but his quality wasn't ever in doubt.

As a consistent top 4 manager? Probably not. As a solid push for top 6 manager regularly? You bet.

He had ideas above his station when he left Liverpool though and didn't want to drop back down to Watford level mediocrity. He went to the poets with a plan and that plan was to absolutely romp it domestically and sit tight until something attractive came up. He used the poets and played them like the proverbial fiddle. And its worked.

Very good manager. Disgusting cùnt though.

He rightly gets the plaudits for performing well under the transfer embargo. However, another defeat after spending fortunes surely puts his jacket firmly on the shoogly peg.

I think he’s toast mate. You need luck as a manager first half penalty changed by VAR correctly but it was millimetres then a goal disallowed for offside again millimetres. Obviously both correct but no luck and that as much as tactics will nail Lampard. Was it Sir Alex who said better to be a lucky manager than a good one?

Yip, I think Frank will be getting his jotters soon. He's spent a lot of money on decent players but can't seem to get a tune out of them. The rich Russian will not tolerate this for much longer.

Football can turn round easily. Look at Arteta...

However his first season was built on youth players and the likes. I think their summer recruitment was pretty shit. Dont see how Havertz really fits into their system, did they just go and buy the best guys they could get without thinking how they might fit into the system?

I think he has been a casualty of their transfer ban. Worked well under it then the owner wanted to spend big again.

I dont really watch much of Chelsea though, but you read and see as much with line ups and general chat about players and issues.

Same problems with inconsistency that he had at Derby.

Looks like he doesn't have a fucking clue how to set up a defence. Few hundred million dropped on attacking talent and has been totally negligent in addressing the centre back position. A 36 year old Thiago silva isn't the answer.

Will be on the fucking scrap heap soon enough will the bold frank.

Same problems with inconsistency that he had at Derby.

Looks like he doesn't have a fucking clue how to set up a defence. Few hundred million dropped on attacking talent and has been totally negligent in addressing the centre back position. A 36 year old Thiago silva isn't the answer.

Will be on the fucking scrap heap soon enough will the bold frank.
With a director of football though and an owner calling the shots, was it all his decision? The new players dont look to fit the system.

He’s all over the place with the team tbh.

Feels like he panics a bit and wants to change things rather than have the courage of his convictions. Which I can understand given the hair trigger nature of his profession.

I bet he wishes he can go back to when his options were a bit more limited and he was forced to have faith in what he had.

Defensively they look awful. I dont think they should be hasty, but he needs to stop persisting with Abraham. That lads never a Chelsea class striker

Just wonder who identified the players and signed them?

Chelsea were better last season but have better players this season.

Are there issues behind the scenes with certain players causing trouble?

Or does he not know his best side and chop and change too much and plays a predictable formation where the defence gets very little protection?

3 4 3 or 3 5 2 may help him but can't see him changing and someone or something has ruined Havertz and Werner.

With a director of football though and an owner calling the shots, was it all his decision? The new players dont look to fit the system.
He traveled overseas for a face to face meeting with Werner to to convince him to sign for Chelsea. He spoke personally to ziyech to tell him about his vision for Chelsea with him in the side.

Lampard and cech are extremely close and with cech having a significant degree of involvement in the recruitment process taking over from emenalo its safe to say that lampard has had more than a say in signings.

Roman takes fùck all interest in recruitment these days and that comes directly from someone senior in the Chelsea finance team who ive had dealings with in the past. Emenalo was the recruitment delegate, granovskaia his broker. With emenalo gone its cech and granovskaia working with lampard.

This is on frank.

I have watched them recently and his team is really weak defensively and he has great attacking players that just can’t play together. He had them playing better with the kids last year.

Or does he not know his best side and chop and change too much and plays a predictable formation where the defence gets very little protection?

3 4 3 or 3 5 2 may help him but can't see him changing and someone or something has ruined Havertz and Werner.
See my last post.

Frank is fully involved in recruitment at Chelsea. 100%.

He traveled overseas for a face to face meeting with Werner to to convince him to sign for Chelsea. He spoke personally to ziyech to tell him about his vision for Chelsea with him in the side.

Lampard and cech are extremely close and with cech having a significant degree of involvement in the recruitment process taking over from emenalo its safe to say that lampard has had more than a say in signings.

Roman takes fùck all interest in recruitment these days and that comes directly from someone senior in the Chelsea finance team who ive had dealings with in the past. Emenalo was the recruitment delegate, granovskaia his broker. With emenalo gone its cech and granovskaia working with lampard.

This is on frank.
Fair does. You obv have a nit more knowledge than me! I'd say all fit their system apart from Havertz, is that correct? And has Ziyech had injuries?

He clearly doesn’t know his best eleven, or else it wouldn’t be mashed up every other 60 minutes.

If I was playing football manager which I don’t play but used to I would say Havertz was a bit of a flashy pointless signing, u need to build your team around him and that’s just not going to happen.
The defence is just a shambles and i would say James, Abraham, Hudson, Ruddiger, are all not good enough for them.

8/13 6/5 I remember seeing. I would have Atletico slight favs.
I thought they would both be slightly under evens.

A month is a long time in football though and Chelsea could have a new manager by then which may give them a bounce

I only caught the last 15 minutes!

Fcuk! Chelsea are absolutely rotten, if that was a sample of how they usually play Lampard needs to think about a career change

West Ham are above Chelsea, that's the sort of thing that will make Roman not happy

Arsenal aren't far behind either, despite being near the relegation zone around a month ago

Back