How many fans do we think are travelling to Holland?

Have you ever been on a holiday before? Folk aren´t paying all that money to watch it on the TV, they are paying the money to go to Amsterdam and party with like minded people.
I don't go on holiday when Rangers are Playing, but hopefully, we will go back to Florida

I’m not sure I would go and not be able to attend the game. Having said that, there were around 25,000 in Barcelona in 2007 and we only had an official allocation of 5,000. There was another few thousand dotted around the stadium, but all things considered, there were more outside the stadium than inside.

I don't go on holiday when Rangers are Playing, but hopefully, we will go back to Florida

Personally I think the more fans that make the trip the better, hanging around like minded bears singing songs and having a drink. If some people feel that´s not staunch enough or whatever thats up to them.

As someone who is making the trip with no ticket I am just glad that I can show some form of support as oppose to sitting at home and watching on the tele, each to their own.

I’m not sure what your point was about fans going to Amsterdam who don’t have tickets. Do you ask the same of your customers who watch our games on the TV’s in your pub?

Yeah I don´t really get it either? Could you explain it Louden?

Probably around 6000 meaning there will be 3500 without a ticket. Remember that in Vienna we had about 1500 who managed to get in the "home" end. That won't be the case in Rotterdam with only a hundred or so doing that.

I wonder how many ticketless Bears will go through to Rotterdam as I expect the majority will stay in Amsterdam. It shouldn't be anywhere near as mental as last time.
I suspect there will be a lot more than a 100 in the home end ?!

It’s the biggest destination for a trip with the lads in Europe. When better to go when it will be full of bears having a singsong to go with all the other stuff there is to do in Amsterdam?

There really is no need for a debate here:))

Because its 3 days away with your pals to one of the most enjoyable cities in Europe.

Throw in the atmosphere generated by the number of fans then you can see why it would appeal to many ticketless fans.
I was being sarcastic mate. The game is incidental to a lot of these trips imo and I have enjoyed trips to places I wouldn't normally go on holiday.

There's a meeting with the Scottish police and the Dutch police today and it looks like the unofficial fanzone in Dam Square might be made more official with a DJ, bars and screens etc. The Scottish football cops think it's a good idea. The Dutch police also suggested some sort of fan zone in Rotterdam but apparently the Scottish police have said they don't think it's a good idea any fans go to Rotterdam unless they have tickets. There's a hell of a lot of British hooligans heading to this game to fight with Feyenoord. I don't think Rotterdam will be a nice place that day.

There was also talk of a few hundred extra tickets being provided by Feyenoord but I don't think that's likely at all.

I'm normally quite bold about sitting with away fans and over the years i've done it at some places and taken a few jabs because of it but be very switched on if you're doing it in Rotterdam, these cunts are wild and they will go for you.
Thanks that's great info WATP

Did you not post recently about being in Florida for an Old Firm semi final and offering a bar man $300 to get the game on?
Yes that was nearly 24 years ago for a special occasion when my wife looked up the fixtures she thought it was a free week, she never realised it was cup semi-final weekend,( it was a surprise for me) we then drew celtic in the semi for the first time in nearly 40 years, was torture, that's why I will never go away again during a game

It’s the biggest destination for a trip with the lads in Europe. When better to go when it will be full of bears having a singsong to go with all the other stuff there is to do in Amsterdam?

There really is no need for a debate here:))
I think that was my point, all the tims that went to Spain on holiday and said they were in Seville.
By all means, go to Amsterdam, it is a beautiful city with lots to see and do. But spare me the nonsense you are going there because Rangers play in a different part of Holland

People are going to Amsterdam because there’ll be thousands of Rangers fans and it’ll be a 2/3 day Sash Bash. Just as thousands went ticketless to Vienna last year.

Don’t see what’s hard to understand about that.
I understand what they are doing, I just don't understand why there are doing it. travelling in winter to a place that will probably be colder than here, But takes all kinds

The simple fact is, if folk want to travel and watch it on a TV in a pub in Amsterdam, that is up to them. Some folk think it's fine (up to 6k folk) some think its daft. Hey ho

Anybody know when tickets are getting sent out for Feyenoord?
Uplift from ticket office is from Noon on Wednesday,so they will be sent out Tuesday or Wednesday I presume.You get an email from Royal Mail telling you it’s out for delivery.

3 in our group of 8 making their away European debut. Only one ticket between us though so looking like the dam square for us

Recon it could even be over 15,000. I know of at least 20 of my pals flying over.

Beat Feyenoord and we're through!

Not true mate. If Porto win on the same night, it still goes to the last game. Lose to Young Boys and Porto win and we’re out.

All 3 would be on 10 points and we would come third on head to head between the 3.

They'll be somewhere in the region of 7-9k heading over imo, would be surprised if it was over the 10k figure. Hard to gauge though due to only having 2.5k tickets.

FWIW out of our travelling group of 17, only 6 of us have tickets so if that's replicated over the course it'll be huge travelling numbers.

Can't wait to sample the sights of Amsterdam and see us win at the De Kuip!

Yes that was nearly 24 years ago for a special occasion when my wife looked up the fixtures she thought it was a free week, she never realised it was cup semi-final weekend,( it was a surprise for me) we then drew celtic in the semi for the first time in nearly 40 years, was torture, that's why I will never go away again during a game
$300 that's a lot of money 24 years ago.

Back