How many goals did Super Ally score against them and which was your favourite?

For me it was his last goal against them in 1998 in the Scottish Cup game played at the Maris piper arena.

Look how much it means to him and Gough. What a ball in by Albertz, his goal was immense also for the 2nd in that game. Great memories.
Also my favourite mccoist goal against them

Should be 28 but for the goal at the piggery which was officially given to Ferguson.

2 of the goals he scored against them in Semi Finals were memorable, the 10 men game at Hampden and the first in Walters last season, the game at the Stydome.

My all time favourite is the winner at Parkhead, drawing Bonner out, putting him on his arse before rounding him and slotting home, running away to take the acclaim of 20,000 bears (myself included) behind the goal.

The second of his three goals in the Glasgow cup final in 86 was a cracker.
It was very similar to his goal in the 4-4 game a couple of months earlier.

27 goals.

If I had to pick one, it would be the Scottish Cup semi final winner when we played for 85 minutes with 10 men

The crowd that night along with a lot of older footage from Hampden, we normally had the bigger share of the crowd and not the 50/50 you see now.

27 goals.

If I had to pick one, it would be the Scottish Cup semi final winner when we played for 85 minutes with 10 men

Me too. Took my wife to her first old firm game. Soaked to the arse but she loved it.

It’s remarkable given his record against them that he actually never scored the winner against them at Ibrox (not counting Glasgow Cup).

For some reason, I always think of Ally's strike which went in off the post to get us back into the game during the famous 2-2 match at Ibrox when Goughie later rolled the ball into their net.

For your viewing pleasure

am I right in thinking that was Rob McLean commentating on the goal McCoist scored from the Gascoigne cross at the far post?

If it is has that man hated Rangers all his life? He couldn’t sound more gutted

The crowd that night along with a lot of older footage from Hampden, we normally had the bigger share of the crowd and not the 50/50 you see now.
Appearances can be deceptive - think the terracing behind the goal at the traditional Celtic end was larger than the covered Rangers end so we got more of the other areas which may make it look as if we had a larger share.
There would normally be more of us as they wouldn't sell all their tickets but I think the share of the tickets was pretty even

Appearances can be deceptive - think the terracing behind the goal at the traditional Celtic end was larger than the covered Rangers end so we got more of the other areas which may make it look as if we had a larger share.
There would normally be more of us as they wouldn't sell all their tickets but I think the share of the tickets was pretty even

When they put the roof all around they chopped the back of their end off 1288.

Mentioned already, putting pat Bonner on his arse at parkhead was sublime. Always the first goal I think of.

His first and last goals for Rangers were at the piggery.

His first goal for Rangers against them took 27 secs and he scored 27 times against them and as you said first and last goals for Rangers at Piggery.

Football throws up wee quirks like this now and again.

Don't think we will ever have a player who scores more than 20 against them for us again.

27 goals.

It's a tough choice as he scored so many but this semi final was unreal. Can still remember never being as wet at a game as I was that night.

I’ve got 2 which I find hard to choose between, the 92 SC semi where we were down to 10 men and his final goal vs them in same competition at the same stage in 98.

For me it was his last goal against them in 1998 in the Scottish Cup game played at the Maris piper arena.

Look how much it means to him and Gough. What a ball in by Albertz, his goal was immense also for the 2nd in that game. Great memories.
That’s new.
Still funny though.
I’d only argue that the Maris Piper is a premium potato.
By the way, the goal you mention was a brilliant bit of striker play by McCoist.
Real quality that any striker would’ve been proud of.
Reiper was a decent centre back who was made look a clown by McCoist’s movement.

Should be 28 but for the goal at the piggery which was officially given to Ferguson.

2 of the goals he scored against them in Semi Finals were memorable, the 10 men game at Hampden and the first in Walters last season, the game at the Stydome.

My all time favourite is the winner at Parkhead, drawing Bonner out, putting him on his arse before rounding him and slotting home, running away to take the acclaim of 20,000 bears (myself included) behind the goal.
Watching it again the other night I think the ball has crossed the line before Ally headed it.

Watching it again the other night I think the ball has crossed the line before Ally headed it.

I think it was definitely McCoist who got final touch, I mind at the time watching the highlights, I watched it over and over, one of the angles zoomed in and slowed down, showed the faintest of touches just on the line :cool:

Back