How many loan players are we allowed?

tazzabear

Sorry, guys, I’m serious with this one.
How many loan players are we allowed to firstly, register and secondly, to have in a matchday squad or even on the park?
I remember O’Neill’s hammer throwers containing four or five but not sure if they played together.
On the park that’s is, of course.

I don’t think there is a limit now. It used to be three, it was the reason Celtic signed Bellamy and not us (We had Vignal, Waterreus and Kyrgiakos).

We can register up to 5 players in a season on loan from within Scotland but only have 4 at at the club one time. This doesn’t apply to us as none of our loan players are registered at a Scottish club. Our loans are all international and there is no limit on how many of those you can have.

As far as I know, there’s also no limit to how many loan players can feature in the one match but happy to be corrected on that if it’s not the case.

I'm sure more knowledgeable posters on the old board had said the rules for the amount from abroad were a lot more than the amount allowed from Scottish clubs iirc.

Very smart what we're doing at the moment imo,very low risk.

Don't worry, we#ll find out for sure within the hour.
There is certain to be an obsessive sitting in his bedroom trawling through the rule books.

We are bringing players in on loan to improve our team.
septic are loaning players out to other scottish team to improve them against rivals but to weaken them when they play against septic as they can't play against them.

International 'loans' don't count as they are regarded differently by FIFA's rules on registration of players.

Back