How many more of our league games do we have to suffer on Sky?

Tailwind

The only thing about Sky broadcasts that isn’t shite is Boyd.

Commentator. Crocker. Shite.
Co comms. Walker. Shite.
Presenter. Barbour. Shite
Other guests. Shite.
Agenda. Shite.
Quality. Shite.
Content. Shite.
Missing kick off in second half. Shite.

Watching Rangers on Sky, especially as contrasted versus the last few games on Rangers TV and BT sport, is fucking awful. I really don’t enjoy it. Wondering how many more of our games we have to suffer on this shit show of a broadcaster?

Co comms. Walker. Shite.
Other guests. Shite.
Agenda. Shite.
Quality. Shite.
Content. Shite.

Watching Rangers on Sky, especially as contrasted versus the last few games on Rangers TV and BT sport, is fucking awful. I really don’t enjoy it. Wondering how many more of our games we have to suffer on this shit show of a broadcaster?
Boyd B-)

Given the current pandemic and following on a demand well in excess of supply I'd "suffer" a lot more if the away games weren't on live.

Commentators e.t.c. aint that important in the wider sense.

I'd wager that us ( and them) are probably the most televised clubs in Europe in terms of ratios of away games shown live.

Don't knock it - you see the action. Fuuck the sideshows.

We will certainly have the worst TV deal out of the top 25 leagues, by at least £15 million a season but probably more, by the time the deal runs out in 2025.

It's one of the worst TV deals ever "negotiated".

Oh, and Doncaster fucked it by £5.3m a season by giving the poets the title last season.

Will never happen but honestly wish all clubs would be allowed to sort broadcasting themselves. Sure St Mirren and Motherwell would make %^*& all (not our problem) but we’d make a mint. Imagine Rangers could sell our games individually across the globe, including the UK. We’d clean up!

Just cancel it and go IPTV mate.

Never seen a game kick off whilst still in it's numerous adverts.

Literally advert then 2 mins talk about the game then another advert then game kicks off.

Pathetic the way they treat Scottish football fans, it's not like we pay less than English football fans.

We pay the same but get much less, only way is to cancel it and sahft them by going IPTV.

Co comms. Walker. Shite.
Other guests. Shite.
Agenda. Shite.
Quality. Shite.
Content. Shite.

FWIW, Barbour is alright and Lovvell was a fairly decent and fair pundit tonight. Not really of a fan of the commentators so I’ll give you that.

Rory Hamilton and McCoist far better on BT Sport or, of course, Clive and Kevin Thomson on RTV. BT do also have Sutton though who is constantly trying to get a rise from our fans.

But at the end of the day, Sky have the rights and it’s better that they show our games than don’t. Only two of our away games haven’t been on live this season, you can’t complain at that all compared some other teams. At least can pay your £15 a month and know for sure that all the away league games are in the same place, rather than having to spend on multiple other channels like last season.

Everyone moaned about BT who were good with our coverage just some didn’t like us gettting slaughtered for being poor when we all thought the same

Pathetic the way they treat Scottish football fans, it's not like we pay less than English football fans.

We pay the same but get much less, only way is to cancel it...

Always been my main issue. Rangers and Celtic fans are putting more money in than the majority of teams in the Premier League into Sky yet we see a small fraction of the money that teams who are a lot smaller than us are getting (ie Burnley/Palace/Fulham etc).

The expenses we put in contribute to what the Premier League is today. Hardly fair.

The TV deal that was negotiated was absolutely pathetic as well.

Co comms. Walker. Shite.
Other guests. Shite.
Agenda. Shite.
Quality. Shite.
Content. Shite.

Can't stand that nasal-voiced prick Walker and his 'derby day in Glasgow' pish.

Feel sorry for you guys watching on Sky with that Shite line up
RTV was quite enjoyable.

Now here's an idea.....
We "win" the league officially at the piggery
the Gaffer is banned (thanks to cheatin Beaton)
SPFL try to present the trophy to us
Tav (or whoever) simply attends, picks it up and immediately runs back to Ibrox.
That's when the party begins.
RTV only, and open to all who are registered (not only RTV subscribers).
No BBC. No Sky. No publicity for the SPFL/SFA (who are so inept they dont even have a sponsor anyway)
For or against....?

Co comms. Walker. Shite.
Other guests. Shite.
Agenda. Shite.
Quality. Shite.
Content. Shite.

As soon as I heard Crockashits voice the sound button got pressed and it was a great watch instead of that fat prick and wankers annoying voices.

RTV was quite enjoyable.

Now here's an idea.....
Tav (or whoever) simply attends, picks it up and immediately runs back to Ibrox.
No BBC. No Sky. No publicity for the SPFL/SFA (who are so inept they dont even have a sponsor anyway)
For or against....?

We won’t get given the trophy at Parkhead mate.

You can always choose not to buy Sly.

In fact, IMHO no one should. By globalist stooges, for globalist stooges.
Harsh, Rocky and First Blood are both quality films.

For what it’s worth I think it’s a disgrace we get lumbered with Crocker and Wanker for all our games, but Boydy has made it somewhat bearable this season with his next level shithousery. And as someone else alluded to, people will complain about whoever it is that’s on commentary anyway, even with RTV there are folk who whinge about Clive and Tom.

Aside from Crocker over egging the point that Morelos didn’t react to the non penalty, I didn’t think they were too bad last night. Shame for those that couldn’t get the post match red button though.

Got the game on now TV..cut out on 93.59. post match coverage on a red button that wasn't available.

Shocking value

They finished the game on the SS Football channel, got to the presenters then went on the red button from 8pm.

Agree with most points but if I may interject Barbour would get pumpt so I’m okay with her and Boyd is the staunchest of staunch. I can see him rattling the nut on Walker when we clinch the league next week.

To be honest I thought the BT Sport coverage of Scottish football was better than Sky, despite the inane ramblings of Sutton. BT gave it more attention, seemed to take it more seriously. Darrell Currie was a better host (although I think Barbour is OK on Sky) and the commentary was better (I can’t stand Crocker). Overall, better production.

With Sky, Scottish football very much plays second fiddle to EPL and other leagues like the Championship. Why no UHD coverage for the SPFL for example, given they do that for the EPL? Why did our post match coverage last night disappear to the red button so they could do some pre match chat on Stoke City?

I’d have cancelled Sky Sports completely if BT had got the deal to cover all Scottish football. That plus their European coverage is more important to me than EPL/Championship games on Sky that I rarely watch these days.

Guys, get a VPN. I can't remember the last time I heard the Cralkers commentate.

Plus money goes to the club, not a company who takes the money to finance the EPL.
Some people cant afford to pay a years worth of RTV in one go unfortunately. As far as im aware the monthly option still isn’t available, even if youre ‘overseas’?

Given Sky have a 5 year contract I think, then quite a few! Given we’re champions we might be able to encourage change.

Sounds like I'm in the minority that would rather watch the game on Sky than RTV. Its nothing against the RTV production or anything, its just the fact that buffering, screen freeze etc infuriates me far far more than any of the pish that dribbles from the mouth of Crocker or Walker.

If RTV was an actual TV channel instead of a stream then that would be ideal but until then give me Sky any day so I can see the full game and not worry about it cutting out or freezing.

Given we are about to make history and win our first title in 10 years, Ive bought a sky sports now tv monthly pass for the next 3 months. So I'm hoping there are more games this season to get my moneys worth haha. Usually would just get a stream

Think we’re still due 3 TV games at home so I think we’ll have every game after the split on the telly

About 5 minutes after we got denied a stonewall penalty. Sky sports Scotland tweeted a video with the caption penalty or dive? Trying to start some debate. Utterly pathetic.

RTV was quite enjoyable.

Now here's an idea.....
For or against....?
We will be given the trophy at our last home game of the season

RangerAl confirmed that earlier :(:(:(

I was just thinking about this season?

How many are scheduled for RangersTV and how many for Celtic Tv aka Sky?
Have 7 games with at least 5 if not 6 on Sky once the post split happens

Both Celtic games
2 aways
then the other 2 post split homes

Only St Mirren isn't

I haven't seen the game yet; will be watching it on RTV this evening. I'm quite happy to do it that way nowadays. Will watch the St.Mirren game as it happens, though. It's just RTV for me these days.

Last edited:
It was a scheduling issue for why their post match discussion on the game was via the red button, 1st I had seen that for a while usually just the end the programme like they did back in January when it was the other way about EFL at 6pm & SPFL at 8pm

Yes they have other channels but I yet to see Scottish Football on those channel, not meaning SS Football or Main Event

Last edited:
What do some people expect from sky? Do people want it to be as pro Rangers as Rangers tv or something? Why the %^*& does commentary get on so many people’s nerves?

Some people cant afford to pay a years worth of RTV in one go unfortunately. As far as im aware the monthly option still isn’t available, even if youre ‘overseas’?
No monthly option any more. I've went with the 3-day passes for the games when I'm abroad.

Would rather pay a monthly fee rather than pay up game to game. No chance of me affording the annual fee on top of the ST.

Back