how many more signings then?

I thought I’d be happy with two between a DM and a right sided attacker but the more I think about it I’m not sure about cover for Borna.
Ideally Skov Olsen,Varela And someone like the Braga skipper.

Not asking for much or anything....
We’ve already bought cover for Borna?

3 more signings are required.

A Fabinho type DM must be the priority now.

An extra attacking midfielder who can push/replace Jack.

Skov Olsen on loan with a view to buy/the Croatian striker who could play across the front line it's not Maric or Majer there was a tentative link many many weeks ago forgot his name ?

Do the above and that'll be us.

Another CM

A forward as Murphy, Stewart , Barker and Jones either aren’t good enough or getting opportunities.

Centre mid will be a definite

After that I’d like us to move on dead wood

Murphy
Docherty
Stewart
Barker
McCrorie (loan)
Barjonas
Jones

That would free up probably at least £40k a week in wages

I suspect after we free up some, well bring in a further addition.

There's a big drop off in quality and play style from Borna to Bassey though - we need Borna to stay fit and on form this year
What are you basing this opinion of Bassey on? It could potentially be correct but I very much doubt you’ve seen enough of him to make that statement.

A midfielder for sure as Gerrard has said adding someone to ‘the engine room’ is still his desire. I expect us to pay a bit of money there too, but may be dependent on Alfie leaving.

Thereafter maybe someone else on loan, possibly in the wide attacker area.

Did Roofe not want to leave Leeds as they wanted to play him in the right??

could be making that up, but was positive he wanted to be a CF

We need 2 in and at I think at least 6 will move out for a variety of reasons

In - wide back up up front, a central midfielder

Out - Docherty, Jones, Stewart, McCrorie, Kamara & Murphy / Barker (1 will go)

I think Gerrard said he wants 1 or tow key positions covered. My preference would be the midfielder we crave and a winger. Possibly the later being a loan signing.

I think we’ll definitely bring in a central midfielder, probably for a few million.

I think we’ll probably bring in another forward player, probably a wide man,

I’d say a good quality midfielder that will slot straight in to the starting 11. Absolutely no point having the amount of quality we do in the final third if we don’t have the quality behind that to back it up. It’s probably the one position we now lack a real quality addition.

I imagine the gaffer will probably add a loan signing or two once a few are sold. I’d say a winger will probably be a priority as well.

Why should we need players to push Kent Hagi etc, back in my day Willie Henderson and Davie Wilson played every game for the jersey.Maybe I’ve just answered myself.

Centre mid will be a definite

After that I’d like us to move on dead wood

Murphy
Docherty
Stewart
Barker
McCrorie (loan)
Barjonas
Jones

That would free up probably at least £40k a week in wages

I suspect after we free up some, well bring in a further addition.

Looking at our squad in depth there really is no one you would be worried about going.

The above should definitely be moved on forget loans we must find buyers for them.

I think and hope Gerrard is trying to refine the squad down to a real quality 18 to 22.
The likes of Jones, Barker, Stewart, Murphy, Docherty to go imho. Couple of million there plus the wages off the books. Bring in a better quality wide man.
In midfield I would keep Mcrorie and Barjonas. Add in another midfielder and we are sorted.
We will probably sign one other if we qualify for the Europa Groups.

There's a big drop off in quality and play style from Borna to Bassey though - we need Borna to stay fit and on form this year
Bassey, like Patterson should see a fair amount of game time in order to keep Tav and Borna fresh. Particularly if we get through to the Europa Groups.

We’ve already bought cover for Borna?
I just don’t think he’s at the level we need yet mate and that’s not to say he won’t get there but I think the drop in quality is too big between him and Borna.
@Grigo Yossarian suggested Varela who can play both FB positions and even as a DM.

I think that would give both Patterson and Bassey time to develop.
Just my opinion obviously.

I just don’t think he’s at the level we need yet mate and that’s not to say he won’t get there but I think the drop in quality is too big between him and Borna.
@Grigo Yossarian suggested Varela who can play both FB positions and even as a DM.

I think that would give both Patterson and Bassey time to develop.
Just my opinion obviously.

Yes Cav, I’m optimistic about both young full backs, particularly Patterson, but to leave Borna & Tav out of say 10/15 matches and not expect any kind of deterioration in the service to our forwards ?

I think that would cost us points over a season, as it did last season.

Varela is quality. I suppose now that Copenhagen have beaten Istanbul, he may want to stay there, but he’s a player.

Reactions: cav
Think another 3. A loan and 2 signings. The good news is we have to October if it requires something different.

We got until Oct 6th so plenty of time to gauge our actual needs and offload some squad members, will depend as well if we have to fend off decent bids for our players!

What are you basing this opinion of Bassey on? It could potentially be correct but I very much doubt you’ve seen enough of him to make that statement.
Fair - just going by how raw he looked in the preseason friendlies. Not saying he's not going to make it or anything but while Patterson looks the same mould as Tav and fits our system., Bassey didn't look as technically adept going forward

I think we need 3 or 4 new signings

CM x 2 (McCrorie and Doc to exit)

RW option (Murphy and Jones to go)

Another striker once Alfie goes

I don't think we will sign Wingers in all honesty with the new formation will be a new no 10 if anything
It depends at moment we are tight front three wingers would at stretch the game a little it's maybe more about giving us different options which is what we need

And different formations

Right now we need a midfielder. Window open til 6th October so depending on who goes out between now and then will depend on who else comes in.

Back