how many more signings then?

3 hopefully. Forward thinking DM, more of a goalscoring midfielder and a right winger if/when Alfredo goes. Roofe can go there if we want to rotate at the moment.

I expect 1 more for cash and another on loan and that will be our business over. Hope we can add 2 midfielders or 1 and a Wide man. Do we think more ar are we done ??
I agree with you, I think we will buy a CM and maybe loan a number 10 type - loan to buy would be preferable to a Liverpool Academy

I thought I’d be happy with two between a DM and a right sided attacker but the more I think about it I’m not sure about cover for Borna.
Ideally Skov Olsen,Varela And someone like the Braga skipper.

Not asking for much or anything....

A midfielder will definitely come in.

If we can offload the likes of Docherty and Jones for some cash, I would like another quality addition to come in to help Kent and Hagi as the drop off in quality from them to the likes of Murphy, Barker and Stewart is far too much.

Who knows. I suspect two, along the same lines as the OP. One that we really need in the middle of the park and possibly a bit of a random punt in on loan.

I really hope to god that one of the world’s best centre mids in the last 20 years isn’t looking at that squad and thinking we’re ok in that position. We’re not.

Wishful thinking would be us finding £4m-£5m to bring in a Barry Ferguson type, either at the start or end of their career (clearly at their peak would likely be beyond our reach just now), to provide some drive, control and leadership in the middle.

As it stands, I'm thinking one DM and CM/AM. If Morelos goes maybe another attacking option.

Think we need to get rid of a few, Docherty, Murphy, loan out mayo and barjonas.

If we do that, then certainly room for 2 more.

I don’t think our transfer business is done. I’d be surprised if we aren’t actively trying to offload Morelos, Jones, Docherty and Murphy.

As it stands possibly just 1. If there’s any truth in the Skov Olsen rumour then we might squeeze a loan in too. If Alfie goes I reckon another CF like Maja could be possible

One to replace Alfie IF he goes. One more in centre midfield, probably. Hopefully one more improvement in the right sided attacker slot.

I think it’s clear we’re done on goalkeepers and Defenders.

A midfielder and a player like Skov Olsen for cover outwide I reckon. Preferably sign Skov Olsen.

Assuming Alfie goes. Don't think we need a striker. I think Roofe is our Firmino. Itten and Defoe are the other options in reserve. Although from what I've read, Itten is capable of playing across the front three as well.

We need to sign our Fabinho next.

Reactions: cav
A midfielder and a player like Skov Olsen for cover outwide I reckon. Preferably sign Skov Olsen.

Assuming Alfie goes. Don't think we need a striker. I think Roofe is our Firmino. Itten and Defoe are the other options in reserve. Although from what I've read, Itten is capable of playing across the front three as well.

We need to sign our Fabinho next.
The DM is the key imo as we’ve made real strides in an attacking sense.
Without the right person in there we’re missing an important part of the machine.

Squad breakdown as I see it:

Gk:
McGregor (staying)
McLaughlin (arrived)
Firth (staying)
-SORTED

Rb:
Tavernier (staying)
Paterson (break-through year)
-SORTED

CB:
Goldson (staying)
Helander (staying)
Balogun (arrived)
Edmundson (staying)
Katic (crocked but will return)
Mayo (to be loaned out)
-SORTED

Lb:
Barisic (staying)
Bassey (arrived)
-SORTED

Holding/defensive midfielder:
Kamara (staying?)
Jack (staying)
McCrorie (loan out)
-SORTED

Creative Midfielder:
*** New Signing*** (Gerrard has suggested but few credible rumours)
Arfield (staying)
Davis (staying)
Barjonas (loan out)
Doherty (loan out)
-SIGNING EXPECTED

RW:
Roofe (arrived)
*** New Signing***? Skov Olsen on loan to buy a good dream.
Jones (sell)
- EXPECT SIGNING HERE IF MORELOS SOLD AND OTHER WINGERS MOVED ON

AM:
Hagi (Staying)
Stewart (staying)
-SORTED

LW:
Kent (staying)
Barker (staying)
Aribo (staying)
Murphy (loan out / sell)
Middleton (loan out / sell)
McPake (loan out)
Kennedy (sell)
-SORTED

St:
Morelos (sell)
Itten (arrived)
Defoe (staying)
*** EXPECT ANOTHER STIKER IF MORELOS SOLD

I reckon we're looking at 1-3 depending on how many player leave - Morelos being the big one ofcourse.

Skov Olsen and a Gerrard approved centre mid would do me nicely.

I’d want a better defensive midfielder, another attacking midfield option and a right wing option. If Morelos goes, another striker.

At least one midfielder and i think it depends on what other squad players leave if we are going to sign any more. Possibly some loan deals

RW:
Roofe (arrived)
*** New Signing***? Skov Olsen on loan to buy a good dream.
Jones (sell)
- EXPECT SIGNING HERE IF MORELOS SOLD AND OTHER WINGERS MOVED ON

St:
Morelos (sell)
Itten (arrived)
Defoe (staying)
*** EXPECT ANOTHER STIKER IF MORELOS SOLD

I reckon we're looking at 1-3 depending on how many player leave - Morelos being the big one ofcourse.

Skov Olsen and a Gerrard approved centre mid would do me nicely.
Should Morelos leave then Roofe, Itten and Defoe will be our three strikers and we will sign a wide player to challenge Hagi and Kent for their two spots imo.

Squad is too heavy, Murphy, doc, Stewart, Barker, barjonas, Jones, these guys should be strategically put at various clubs within the league to help try and take points of that lot.

Definitely a midfielder who can play and be the new captain because we badly need a leader on the park .

Centre mid - that’s all we are really missing.

Maybe a proper winger to change things up when needed, but if we only go with another Centre Mid, that’s a decent summer.

The reliance on Alfie has diminished.

Roofe, Itten and Defoe can all lead the line now, without ever having to use Greg Stewart there again.

McGregor
McLaughlin
Firth

Tav
Patterson

Borna
Bassey

Goldson
Helander
Balogun
Edmundson

Aribo
Jack
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
NEW

Hagi
Kent
Murphy
Stewart
NEW

Itten
Roofe
Defoe

I’d ship the rest.

Last edited:
Centre mid - that’s all we are really missing.

Maybe a proper winger to change things up when needed, but if we only go with another Centre Mid, that’s a decent summer.

The reliance on Alfie has diminished.

Roofe, Itten and Defoe can all lead the line now, without ever having to use Greg Stewart there again.

McGregor
McLaughlin
Firth

Tav
Patterson

Borna
Bassey

Goldson
Hekandar
Balogun
Edmundson

Aribo
Jack
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
NEW

Hagi
Kent
Murphy
Stewart
NEW

Itten
Roofe
Defoe

I’d ship the rest.
Good assessment and more or less aligns with my thought too.

Maybe even too heavy, but given Covid, carrying a couple extra wouldn’t be a bad shout.

The extra winger type would be good to mix it up, if required.

Definitely need something in the middle of the park.
Yea, number 1 priority for me is a midfielder. It's an area where we currently have quantity but it needs an upgrade in quality, no question about it.

Should Morelos leave then Roofe, Itten and Defoe will be our three strikers and we will sign a wide player to challenge Hagi and Kent for their two spots imo.

Agree most likely, but it remains to be seen where Gerrard sees Roofe fitting in. Conceivably the boss could see him leading the line or to be one of the 2 10's or an inside forward. If he reckons roofe will be making one of the other roles his own, its conceivable that we bring in another striker if Morelos goes.

A centre mid is clearly planned though. The right winger may not happen if this is where roofe is seen to fit in, or we can't shift some of our less effective wingers...

AM - Stewart out and replaced for me.

In an ideal world I'd agree, but baring in mind Aribo can play there too, and we have yet to play a formation that uses an out and out 10 yet, I don't see further investment befond Stewart in that position. And to be fair, Stewart has done little wrong, and never had the chance to play as a 10 which is likely his best position.

Back