How many people thought as the game progressed 'I've seen this movie before'

I was genuinely comfortable throughout the 90 minutes.

All though we weren't as dominant second half, Aberdeen were creating nothing & weren't peppering our box with high balls like they usually do.

That's as comfortable as I've been watching us at Pittodrie for years.

We do need to start burying teams early though.

I did, but that was more to do with scar tissue from last season. Honestly, I thought we were poor overall but really we were in no danger of losing the game or even dropping points.

Me.
We saw the two Rangers today . First half high press high tempo Rangers. Second half ’sit off them Rangers ‘. Seems bloody obvious to me in which half we were more likely to piss away a goal. Luckily it didn’t happen. I suppose with little personnel changes this was always possible. Hope we strengthen and hope we learn from this. Delighted at the theee points but on another day.....
Balogun MOTM
Good points in this post here ^

More strength in depth means more options from the bench to ramp the tempo up again.
Still think we’re missing someone in the middle of the park who absolutely hates to lose and will drive others on to up their game when we start to drop off in performance and pressing levels.
Those players are hard to find and don’t come cheap though.

Aberdeen went to the bully tactics looking for mistakes and weakness in our game and TBF it nearly worked but for good defensive play by the cb's. The bully tactics certainly rattled the midfield though.

Reactions: cav
The problem yesterday for me was that we were not even creating a lot of chances second half.

You wonder from the players linked if the likes of Kerk and Roofe might go some way to rectifying that if they are indeed realistic targets.
Certainly that type of standard I’d hope.

Their game plan like many others in this tin pot league is simply frustrate, ensure their is no fluidity to the game, try win 2-3 corners or free kicks in a dangerous area, score from one of them. This has worked too many times.

Could hardly watch the last quarter of the second half through nerves but as someone said that’s more to do with the last two seasons than yesterday’s performance. Don’t think we were really looking like throwing the lead away looking back.

Back