How many people thought as the game progressed 'I've seen this movie before'

The Goal Machine

Aberdeen were awful, as they normally are, imagine having a season ticket to watch that.

One nil is a precarious lead in any game, with our recent history up there, it was doubly so.

It was a lot nervier than it should have been.

But it is three points, I just wish they would think of the traumas they put us through.

Onwards and upwards

Agreed, no question we were playing nice football, but the same old story of not being clinical Or making the most of opportunities in final third

I was glad they got the red card at that point as knew that was game over, As I could see it getting nervy them launching things into box in injury time If they’d thrown centre half upfront, McInnes made wrong choice of lone striker as the boy from Leeds put himself about , gave them more of focal point

Still, 3 points , job done , on we go

Yes, thought it was following a familiar path. Great start, little impact on the score, fading throughout.
Pretty much last seasons team with one addition.
Need some new spark in the team do take us to a new level.
Delighted we won...and lets go on on a run.

From kick off first half it was 15mins before they had anything of note in our half.Aberdeen will not be a fixture we will be looking to for taking something off the Scum and hasn’t been for a while,on a positive note only one more league visit up there left.

Three points is the main thing, but the fact the gaffer and Kent both said afterwards about avoiding a repeat of what happened there last season I guess that explains the caution.

Nobody can have watched that without feeling a sense of deja vu and a bit of dread about what lies ahead though.

Aberdeen were awful, as they normally are, imagine having a season ticket to watch that.

One nil is a precarious lead in any game, with our recent history up there, it was doubly so.

It was a lot nervier than it should have been.

But it is three points, I just wish they would think of the traumas they put us through.

Onwards and upwards
I had that thought for sure, but it wasn’t the same as before. Never saw aberdeen scoring today.

My thoughts exactly.

Their scoring chances were minimum, but events of past Pittodrie performances were always on my mind

While I thought we were comfortable.We really should be killing shite like this off.Make the game even more comfortable bring players on to give them game time.While we didn’t look in any bother today one slip and they are back in it.First game and a victory so onward and upwards.

Don’t know why we would expect anything different ... same personnel... same problems

that said I’m delighted with Balogun ... and hope we get a couple in the door that have a winning mentality to straight into the team

I was nervous the whole second half, probably more than it merited but we have been stung so many times in the past up there.

That said, a 1-0 lead away from home is nervy for any team when the oppositions only chance of scoring is a set piece, we are no exception.

Serious question, I never watch the tims but when they are at Pittodrie do Aberdeen play a back line of 5 with a line of 4 in front of them all 30 yards from their own goal line?
In the first half that was disgraceful sight to watch.
As we have not conceded so far in pre season i was convinced we would the longer the game went.
That seemed a very long second half.
Glad its out the way with 3 points.

Me.
We saw the two Rangers today . First half high press high tempo Rangers. Second half ’sit off them Rangers ‘. Seems bloody obvious to me in which half we were more likely to piss away a goal. Luckily it didn’t happen. I suppose with little personnel changes this was always possible. Hope we strengthen and hope we learn from this. Delighted at the theee points but on another day.....
Balogun MOTM

Not going to lie

I was nervous from about 75 minutes on......when Kamara was chasing their boy band winger I thought wouldn't it be just like us/him to leave a trailing leg at the edge of the box and give away a penalty.....

Me.
We saw the two Rangers today . First half high press high tempo Rangers. Second half ’sit off them Rangers ‘. Seems bloody obvious to me in which half we were more likely to piss away a goal. Luckily it didn’t happen. I suppose with little personnel changes this was always possible. Hope we strengthen and hope we learn from this. Delighted at the theee points but on another day.....
Balogun MOTM
Should Rangers have had a penalty in the second half?

Let’s be honest it was the same movie only this time we never conceded. Play like we did in the second half in other games it will come back to haunt us.

It was the super allys intro that had me ...
Was in tears football wise don't think we really got or had too get out of second gear ...would of loved a couple more tho..

I didn’t see it, listened on radio and last 20 certainly felt like we’d been their before. Wish we could have put them away in the first half hour, those that saw it might say different but it sounded (even Willie Miller) like we should have had the game done by then.

Unless we can get a 2 goal lead theres little doubt that we are going to watch this scenario most of the season, in complete control however always just a slip away from dropping points.

Unless we can get a 2 goal lead theres little doubt that we are going to watch this scenario most of the season, in complete control however always just a slip away from dropping points.

it's the scenario from the last 2 seasons

Think its the commentators curse as well. Crocker going on about 1-0 being nervy and that Aberdeen could come back in it at any time. That would normally jinx us but not today.

Like last season you find yourself shouting at the telly “change it” around the 70 minute mark......

the front three aren’t closing the ball down quickly enough (this is my biggest bugbear with SG) as it allows them to get the ball wide and crosses into the box (every game at Rugby Park since he’s been manager)

All last seasons issues are still under the bonnet imo - who comes in if Borna’s injured, if we are pressed high we don’t have a formation or the personnel to counter it.

We need a mobile/aggressive forward to take some of the load from Alfie .... from 70nins on he and Hagi were offering nothing.

That said, His decision to play Alfie deeper today was a great call, too many times against Aberdeen he gets pushed up tight to their big central defenders and he gets lost in the game

Yip, mentioned this to my Mrs a few times! Mega nervous near the end even though we controlled the game very well.

Since Warburton was our manager we’ve played nice football but at times we look toothless. Can’t help but feel the way we set up has to change, at least against teams who sit 10 men behind the ball and set up to defend for 90 minutes.

We play too wide in my opinion. Get the ball out wide in these games and then it’s Barisic or Tav swinging crosses into a congested area aiming for Morelos who’s 5’9. Hit and hope stuff a lot of the time. Same story for way too long now

That was exactly what I was thinking. Considine made the last few minutes a little easier by getting sent off. I just wish we would get that second goal and make life easier for ourselves.

We fail to kill off games again one goal lead is too slender as we can easily concede a goal if we are to win the league we need to score 2 or 3 goals before we put we take the foot of the pedal.

Second half was pretty deja vu.

Just thankful we saw it out and didn't f.uck it up again.

We really need to be more ruthless and clinical.

Back