How many people thought as the game progressed 'I've seen this movie before'

I thought we strolled through the game in 2nd gear, never really felt worried apart from that corner.

Disappointed we didn't get the 2nd goal to kill it off earlier but delighted with 3 points.

I think if the stadium would have been full it may have been a more tense end to the game. Seen that episode too much.

I didn’t see it, listened on radio and last 20 certainly felt like we’d been their before. Wish we could have put them away in the first half hour, those that saw it might say different but it sounded (even Willie Miller) like we should have had the game done by then.
Then boydy had a dig at his brogues ...that was about as much danger we were in all day haha ..agree we should of punished a poor side ...given there was only 1 football team on the pitch ..good away win but we need to be ruthless

Got to be honest I didn’t think the sheep had anything to hurt us with,They were pretty poor and wouldn’t have scored if we’d played till tomorrow.

Play like this at our peril. The sheep offered no great challenge but any team can hurt you on a set play. We need to get that two goal cushion.

Time and time again last year we failed to kill teams off and it left us very little opportunity to give youth or squad players any opportunity of a run out. This was very much the same. Its a good 3 points though which is the main thing but yeah I had some deja vu.

Aberdeen were awful, as they normally are, imagine having a season ticket to watch that.

One nil is a precarious lead in any game, with our recent history up there, it was doubly so.

It was a lot nervier than it should have been.

But it is three points, I just wish they would think of the traumas they put us through.

Onwards and upwards
Me, but i thought we handled it well in the end

Agreed, no question we were playing nice football, but the same old story of not being clinical Or making the most of opportunities in final third

I was glad they got the red card at that point as knew that was game over, As I could see it getting nervy them launching things into box in injury time If they’d thrown centre half upfront, McInnes made wrong choice of lone striker as the boy from Leeds put himself about , gave them more of focal point

Still, 3 points , job done , on we go

I totally agree about nice football, we are still wanting to take too many passes, and are still reluctant to shoot from distance. Our Goal came from a quick break and no extra touches. Hagi I like due to him being prepared to hit from distance and unexpected angles. I still don’t understand Stevie G for not insisting on distance shooting. We’ve been guilty for years of over playing passing football, especially, when you’ve got eleven parking the bus.

Funnily enough, I’ve never thought this in my life, unless it’s a movie I’ve been watching.
I despise those silly metaphors.
Sorry!

Aberdeen were awful, as they normally are, imagine having a season ticket to watch that.

One nil is a precarious lead in any game, with our recent history up there, it was doubly so.

But it is three points, I just wish they would think of the traumas they put us through.

Onwards and upwards

To be honest I didnt think Aberdeen looked like scoring in a month of Sundays.

If they are happy to sit back when they are losing 1-0 at home then that is their problem.

Me.
We saw the two Rangers today . First half high press high tempo Rangers. Second half ’sit off them Rangers ‘. Seems bloody obvious to me in which half we were more likely to piss away a goal. Luckily it didn’t happen. I suppose with little personnel changes this was always possible. Hope we strengthen and hope we learn from this. Delighted at the theee points but on another day.....
Balogun MOTM
The issue is we were in full control of the game.

We need a better bench we have but it takes time

Let's be honest it was like watching an old movie. I really don't know if our management team have learned anything from playing this lot. Abergreen are a very poor team. I was disappointed with the performance. FACT.

Play like this at our peril. The sheep offered no great challenge but any team can hurt you on a set play. We need to get that two goal cushion.
This ... We need to start killing teams off , this will kill us as the season goes on, I thought I was beginning to watch a rerun of last season at times.

I never wanted to say this but it’s time for Morelos to go, looked disinterested today, and over weight, the uncertainty could have an impact on other players the longer this goes on.

Onwards and upwards
I think everyone had the fear quite honestly. Yet we’ve come away with the full points

I admit I did (history teaches us we are never comfortable 1 up, sometimes even 2 up), but thankfully I was wrong, and may I continue to be for the rest of the season!

1st half - guile, creative and enterprising.
2nd half - insipid, lacklustre and pedestrian.

Aberdeen were awful, but their subs made a difference, we failed to react to a poor 2nd half performance. Happy with win, but think we all know we are still a bit short.

Not for me, if the game was still going on McGregor wouldn't have a save to make still. That was as comfortable a performance as you could get. Could have had a couple more. Aribo was scoring bar a brilliant clearance too.

We should take confidence from that today, as we do have a tendency to let those types of games slip away

100% OP.

even though Aberdeen were shite, I fully expected them to get an equaliser in the 83rd min then us to be all over them trying to score a winner but it not coming and dropping 2 points.

we need to be putting teams away properly and clinically for a couple of reasons:

1. we will drop points
2. It’s so hard to watch
3. It’ll let us get subs on to rest the first XI

That was their best shot and they came up short, they will get molested when st Mirren get a hold of them shit team shit manger

Unless we can get a 2 goal lead theres little doubt that we are going to watch this scenario most of the season, in complete control however always just a slip away from dropping points.
Or a Referees honest mistake.

We have to be better so we are not exposed to losing just a single goal lead due to say, individual errors, bad refereeing or bad luck. This can happen and will happen in some ( not all) games where we don’t push to increase a single goal lead.

I was fairly happy with the performance today but its clear that a few players are still rusty. One thing that niggled me was the lack of response in the 2nd half when the sheep were pressing us, we needed to show a bit of attitude and and shut them down better. First half I was thinking we looked more matured in terms of movement and shape but second half we slipped back into the old mindset of giving the opposition too much credit. There was some definate signs of lessons learned, but the potential to slip back into old ways is still there, albeit to a lesser degree. Overall we are making realistic progress and Im sure we will make another couple of good signings to strengthen us even more. A wee bit more patience is needed but Im thinking that this squad now knows whats required to get a result, we are defo improving.

Had seen it before so was very nervous going late into the game but 3 points at a tough venue so I'll calm down and look to the next one!

897.gif

Was just waiting on the inevitable set piece near the box and resulting goal

Thankfully the only chance they had came to nothing. However, the ball landed in McGregors 6 yard box. Ridiculous that a keeper of his quality stays rooted to his goal line

Outside the mentally challengeds those our hardest games of the season going up there I'll take what ever 3 points we can get up there regardless of how good or bad a performance we have.

Outside the mentally challengeds those our hardest games of the season going up there I'll take what ever 3 points we can get up there regardless of how good or bad a performance we have.
Totally agree , 3 points is all that matters at these types of places, we’ve played better in the past and dropped points

After Balogun made the recovery tackle on what looked like their one dangerous counter all my nerves disappeared. After that I felt comfortable that they were not scoring.

at the 70 minute mark onwards i was thinking here we go
when do they get a penalty
but thankfully all was well

Exactly what I was saying after 60mins. Even down to lack of subs.

bad game but 3 points, trip to Pittodrie done and we move onto Leverkusen

It’s when they start messing about, when ahead, and with around a quarter of the game to go - yesterday Goldson started dwelling on the ball, getting closed down in dangerous positions and then Tav lost possession twice instead of making simple forward passes, it’s not great on the nerves when only 1 goal up.

If you listen to the usual folk on here any constructive criticism is seen as being negative.

It’s a mindless response really and removes all the nuances from the debate rendering it down to the binary reaction of 1) a win - we’re all happy, no one can complain, and 2) any other result - chaos, pandemonium, sack them all.

Same old story from last season. No flexibility. No substitutes. Same style of play creating very little. The only changes from last season are the kits and no last minute equaliser from a diddy team.

Back