How many players have we let go who became a success?

GVB
Arteta
Steven Davis - now captain of an established EPL club and his country and regular stand out in games down there.

Depends what you define as success.

You get the obvious ones like Gio, Rino, Arteta etc

Guys like Big Dunc and Rideout went down south and won the FA Cup.

What about guys like Spencer and McSwegan who left because of lack of chances and then forged really good careers for themselves including playing for Scotland ?

Niemi, McCormack, Adam were successes.

We were also probably correct to let them go at the time. Same goes for Burke. As above it depends on the term success.

lots of players move on and have successful careers .

not many move on and have a better career .

The list of players who left and subsequently their careers went down hill would be much longer. I would say Gatusso, Adam, Arteta, Duncan Ferguson and Davis

I think the first thing that needs defined is let go, most mentioned that went on to succeed were sold, I think the OP means players that didn't work out at Ibrox and were, well, let go.

In addition to those already mentioned, I'd add Robert Fleck - did well down south after Rangers let him go.

Ross McCormack is the obvious one but I highly doubt he'd have made anything of his career up here given how he behaves down south.

Chris Burke has had an average career. Ditto John Fleck. Charlie Adam played for some big clubs but only had one really good season with Blackpool.

Overall we've a pretty good record at this.

Overall for all the players who left us, there are only a few that ever made the grade. What I get out of it are the amount of supposed primadonas, who thought they were better than Rangers, fell flat on their faces.

A fairly pointless question unless the intention is to somehow prove we are worse than other clubs.

Back