How many points refs cost us this season in total?

ICA_86

Give it a fair assessment - include any referee mistakes that have aided us towards wins or draws - but how many points have we lost out on directly due to referee mistakes?

One dropped today and the Lafferty goal at Dundee are the two that instantly come to mind.

Before anyone says ‘we need to play better more often’ - yes I agree with that, but that’s not the question.

They've been consistent this season. Consistently shite.

From the very first match right to the very last match. It's gone on all season and will continue to do so until Rangers do some thing about it.

You're either not very good at arithmetic or on the wind up surely. :)
Morelos sending off, first game of the season - 2 points
Lafferty goal vs Dundee - 2 points, no debate on this one whatsoever
Foul on Jack in build up to their goal in first game - 1 point but a 3 point swing
There are 5 points without even thinking about it and to keep it fair, so it's not just a Scottish ref bashing, morelos's goal vs spartak which would've surely seen us qualify.

In short, they've cost us plenty this year.

Hibs games...denied stone wall penalty for hand ball, McGregor should've been off for an elbow on Morelos, Gray was lucky to remain on the park, they score from a foul on Tav.

Dundee game, goal wrongly chopped off.

Aberdeen - Morelos sent off for a kick on McKenna which was then rescinded. Also Aberdeen, Morelos booked for diving in the cup when it should've been a penalty & red card.

Give it a fair assessment - include any referee mistakes that have aided us towards wins or draws - but how many points have we lost out on directly due to referee mistakes?

One dropped today and the Lafferty goal at Dundee are the two that instantly come to mind.

Before anyone says ‘we need to play better more often’ - yes I agree with that, but that’s not the question.
I go to every home game somtimes am pished rarley have time to 're watch games now I always think the refs are terrible some things I may have seen wrong but I'd Defo say not ones fit to be reffing for money :) I don't watch any other Scottish football unless we are playing so not sure how other teams are refereed but I'm pretty sure it's not the same standard the way morelos has been targeted shows that imo if he played for ANY other team he'd be lucky to have had one red this season

Do we really need more threads about refs after we lose ? we haven't had any the past 6 games funnily enough!

We all know they are shite and have cost every club points not just us.

You're either not very good at arithmetic or on the wind up surely. :)
Morelos sending off, first game of the season - 2 points
Lafferty goal vs Dundee - 2 points, no debate on this one whatsoever
Foul on Jack in build up to their goal in first game - 1 point but a 3 point swing
There are 5 points without even thinking about it and to keep it fair, so it's not just a Scottish ref bashing, morelos's goal vs spartak which would've surely seen us qualify.

In short, they've cost us plenty this year.

We could still have won each game by scoring more goals.

14 minimum, arguably a lot more. Aberdeen away (2pts) , HIVS away twice (4pts) , paedos away twice (2pts) , Livi away ( yes we were dreadful but had two stonewall pens) -3 points, Dundee away(2 points) and today 1 point.

I can guarantee in all those games we've had chances to put the game to bed.

Nobody does that all the time though. Why should we have to win by more than 1 to win the game?

The enablers have had beneficial decisions in tight games to win them points. By contrast we have had decisions in at least 7 games which cost us points

Do we really need more threads about refs after we lose ? we haven't had any the past 6 games funnily enough!

We all know they are shite and have cost every club points not just us.

Been in a few group chats and the question has been posed.

The last six games we’ve played well, but that’s not question.

As a factor in our season - where even the club has questioned if we are refereed differently to others - it’s something that must be addressed.

Nobody does that all the time though. Why should we have to win by more than 1 to win the game?

The enablers have had beneficial decisions in tight games to win them points. By contrast we have had decisions in at least 7 games which cost us points
Precisely. It is not good enough for us to get referees out of holes. We should not have to beat sides with ten men constantly unnecessarily.

The argument of ‘you should still be able to score more than your opponent,’ just doesn’t hold up.

Back