How many Rangers players have scored straight from a corner?

This is the first I've heard this version adamski,watched it from the East Enclosure and always assumed it was a cross gone wrong,or right in this case.Haven't read or learned anything different in the intervening years but I'm guessing you have.
Sorry I thought you were referring to Walters goal v them

Cooper against clydebank and motherwell were consecutive games if my memory serves me right
Coop did it at Ibrox against Clydebank in October 1977 then in consecutive games against Motherwell and Morton in March 1979, both at Ibrox. Proud to say I seen him net all three.

Pretty sure coop did it against packie at the piggery only for a foul to be given for packie for jumping into one of them, about 30 seconds later we were 2-0 down , McClair round about 86/87 I think or have I dreamt that

You are correct. Think it was Valentine as usual who invented a foul

There’s footage of this on various Rangers sites, an outrageous decision. Coop swung a majestic corner into the net, Bonner flapped with no Rangers player near him and Bob Vatican blew for a foul.

I seem to recall Tommy McLean scored against Chesterfield at Ibrox. It was one of those ones where it was quite low and everyone just seemed to leave it to each other and the ball ended up in the net.

I seem to recall Tommy McLean scored against Chesterfield at Ibrox. It was one of those ones where it was quite low and everyone just seemed to leave it to each other and the ball ended up in the net.

My memory is as bad as many others.
I was at the home game v Chesterfield and could have sworn it was them who scored direct from a corner not us.

When I met Robert Prytz a few years ago he told me he'd done it against Celtic at the piggery.

When I met Robert Prytz he blootered a ball which looked like it was coming right at me, at some pace, and it swerved away at the last moment. Even as an older guy he couldny half control the ball, it was surreal to watch!

The highlights were shown on Sportscene that night

My only game against them live. Still have the VHS my Uncle gave me of these highlights. Had to pay a fing fortune to get them convereted to USA VHS in 93. Love pointing to the Copland and telling my boys, i'm in there :)

The Mark Walters ‘miss hit’ was the only one I’ve been at a game where it’s happened.

His interview afterwards was ace and I’d be fully claiming it as meant if I did it!

A bit off topic and my protective headgear securely fastened, I remember Charlie Tully in a game against Rangers scoring two goals from two corner kicks direct in to the net. The first one was disallowed, the reason I do not know. The second was a carbon copy, it was allowed. Not even sure if the game was at Ibrox or the piggery. I know I was quite young but never forgot what I witnessed.

Orjan Persson did it in my first ever Gers game v Stirling in 1967.

Persson scored against Raith Rovers, not Stirling. Rangers beat Raith Rovers 10-2
Orjan Persson did it in my first ever Gers game v Stirling in 1967.

Persson scored against Raith Rovers, not Stirling. Rangers beat Raith Rovers 10-2

He scored from a corner against Stirling at Anfield in my first ever Gers game. He also scored from a corner in the corresponding league game at Ibrox against Stirling, a game I also attended.

My first ever game at Ibrox was the 10 -- 2 v Raith Rovers. Big Orange got a Brace that day and neither were direct from corners, that I remember. PS: Sir Alex bagged a Hat Trick that day.

Last edited:
4 for McCann.
Away to Dunfermline and Dundee Utd, as well as the previously mentioned against Aberdeen and Motherwell.
Just watched a video of all his goals on YouTube.

Prytz at parkhead and McGinn at boghead I was there with my dad both times.im sure prytz nearly done it twice that day at parkhead.

Back