How many signings?

Cooperfan

There was a thread recently I suggested ten signings would come in. My reasons for this are we have just let McGregor, Balogun, Goldson, and Davis run out their contracts. Two loan players have left, Ramsey and Amad. That's six players already. We clearly need a centre forward and a right winger. That is eight, and that's before anyone else leaves.

I can't see the likes of Simpson and Itten being involved next session. Same with Katic, McPake, Middleton, Mayo, and Kelly when they come back from loan. I expect one or two players will be bought by clubs down south.

Gio has a lot of work to do. We require a lot of signings before we even add in replacing any of our star players should they move on. Hopefully the likes of Aribo, Kent, and Morelos will sign new contacts. Bassey can't be on a great deal after signing from an academy so deserves a vastly improved contract.

How many signings do you think we'll make? What youth teams players may get a chance to step up?

No more than 5 or 6 and of that I expect a few project players. We have a huge squad and could do with cutting it down a bit and getting rid of squad players who are keeping our youngsters out. I’ve said many times it should (and I think it will be) evolution and not revolutions. Hopefully the days of us having such a huge turnover of players every season (ie McLeish!) are long gone.

With no sales we need this IMO.

McLaughlin

Tav
CB
Bassey
LB

Lundstram
CM

RF
Aribo / Hagi
Kent

Morelos

That’s 4 for the starting 11 with Aribo and Kamara the likely saleable assets to fund a rebuild.

If Bassey goes that would be mega money IMO and we would be looking at a full revamp of the first 11.

I think we have to many 7/10 players . Would rather move some on and let four or five young players come through.

We need a 25+ goal scorer. A midfield player who can create and score and a domineering central defender.

I want a new number one goalkeeper without the pressure of having McGregor sitting in the dug out. I don’t think any of our young keepers will make it at Rangers.

I think we have to many 7/10 players . Would rather move some on and let four or five young players come through.

We need a 25+ goal scorer. A midfield player who can create and score and a domineering central defender.

I want a new number one goalkeeper without the pressure of having McGregor sitting in the dug out. I don’t think any of our young keepers will make it at Rangers.

Agree with you in younger players playing a part, Lowry, king and McCann all seem able and will step up I’d hope, 2 more behind them as cover would be us starting to use the conveyor belt.

Bassey shows young players can do it - have a bit of trust in them.

Agree with the keeper comment.

I would like a spine effectively bought in

Keeper, cb, cm striker topped with replacing any ‘big’ sales. LB if either borna or bassey go, if they don’t then we are ok there.

Itten, Simpson, Kelly, Middleton, hastie prob leave too

Think we will see 6/7 contracted (incl souttar) and 1/2 loans in

We need 5 that’ll come straight into the team, no more squad filler dross.

GK, CB, CM, RW, ST

Potentially more if Aribo/Kent/Morelos left.

21/22 - 8
20/21 - 10
19/20 - 9

I appreciate that is across a whole season, but I am struggling to think we would be doing less business than those seasons

We had 18 players go out last season either leaving or on loan.

Really depends how many leave, could be anything from 4-10.

I thought we might have seen movement this week either with new contracts, pre contracts being announced or even more concrete interest in players going out.

I can see Bassey going in the next few weeks, there are a lot of clubs linked that won’t think twice about spending £25m.

Maybe we keep some of players with 1 year left for the CL qualifiers?

I hope we get most of our business done as early as possible to get them settled with the squad and learn/integrate into our system. The CL qualifiers feels like they creep up quick and we really need to hit the ground running. Pre season has to be intense.

Gio will be very eager to put his own stamp on this team so I'd expect at least 5 or 6 quality additions when it's all said and done.

1 GK
1 x CB to backfill Goldson - let Balogun go and give King his place on the bench next year.
1 x LB if borna or Bassey go, 2 x if both go.
1 x CAM - sell Aribo
1 x RW
2 x ST - let Roofe and Itten go - at least one direct competitor for Morelos.

Try tie down Morelos and Kent on new deals. Give Lowry more minutes than the likes of Arfield next year. I've probably missed something...

It all depends who does go.
But we could likely be looking between 6-8 players required. And they need to be able to come into the 11 and improve it as most (if not all) of those leaving have been in and around the 11.

Yes far too many signings in the last few windows have been either injured a lot or 7/10 players. We need to start upgrading the first team, especially with the CL qualifiers coming soon.

I think we'll bring in three or four development options or gambles and probably the same in first team contenders, at a minimum. I think we'll promote the expected names (we already have with two of them) in Lowry, King and McCann.

I have a feeling we might sell more than expected. It feels like the natural time for Aribo, Kamara and Barisic to go. It could be that Bassey cannot avoid being sold if some of the money being talked about is true but I really hope we get another year out of him.

Centre Back is the position that both worries and confuses me the most. We have so many injury-prone or inexperienced options, I have trouble foreseeing a settled partnership. It feels like we could be painfully overburdened with players for those two positions one moment, then struggling the next.

Back