How many teams do you support?

A lot depends on how strong the connection to the team is. My dad was from Accrington so it's rangers and Accrington Stanley for me. I've changed from our blue into their red shirt on a few occasions in the car park on the way home from Europe. On occasion I will also watch Burnley as my dad took me to see them back in 85 when accy were no where near the league and most older folk followed Blackburn or Burnley.

I only support one team. I will only pay to watch one team and only wear one teams colours.

However I have a wee list of teams that i look out for hoping they get a result....Ajax, Liverpool, Dortmund,
Chelsea * like what Frankie is doing and blooding the kids.
Salzburg and RB Liezpig - seem to blood a lot of young kids, so i look out to see how they are doing.
Most of the Belgian teams as i spend a lot of time there..

I only support one team. I will only pay to watch one team and only wear one teams colours.

However I have a wee list of teams that i look out for hoping they get a result....Ajax, Liverpool, Dortmund,
Chelsea * like what Frankie is doing and blooding the kids.
Salzburg and RB Liezpig - seem to blood a lot of young kids, so i look out to see how they are doing.
Most of the Belgian teams as i spend a lot of time there..
Funny seeing positive comments about Salzburg and Leipzig, see it more and more - they are hated in both Countries because of the whole Red Bull thing but I must admit they know how to buy a player and do well with him, amazed Rangnick ain’t been snapped up yet by Man U or another big Club.

I probably watch Blyth Spartans in person more times than Rangers over a season, but if I'm not at games I often forget to check their scores.

I have "soft spots" for certain teams, but it's Rangers only for me.

Staunch ;)

I was talking to a yank the other day, and he was bemoaning the loss of nfl TV from his cable plan. "who do you support?" I asked. "Green Bay, New York...". He rattled off about 5 clubs that he supported for various reasons. "what do you do when when they play each other?", "I just support who's winning". Mental.
I support Rangers, and look out for my home town team, and my mum's home town team. The likelihood of them ever playing each other is very slim.
Rangers then charlton have for years

Rangers and I usually watch all of Barcelona's games. Not saying I'm a supporter per say but I do follow them a fair bit.

Barnsley first and foremost, then Rangers as there is just something about the club I like. The Britishness and classiness about it.
There are a few teams results I look out for, for various reasons - Glentoran, Dynamo Dresden and Flamengo.

Rangers. First. Rangers reserves first when Rangers not playing.

Have favourite teams elsewhere like Ajax, but it doesn’t hurt when they lose.

Support only one team, us. As a wee lad growing up you always had an English team, mines was Liverpool and I still look out for their results, but as I've said, I only support one team, The Rangers.

Just Rangers. However there are other teams I look for their results and others that I hope get beaten every game they play. This is not often rational.

But only support Rangers.

Sorry, as I said I have no time for it.

Don't really give a shit if you have time for it or not. You are obviously more staunch than me.
Stationed in BAOR in the '70's there was no interweb, twatter , facepalm or other social media to watch Rangers. If I wanted to see a game of football it was Bielefeld or nothing. They played in blue and it was a great "in" with the locals and the frauleins. I certainly couldn't get to Ibrox on my weekends off. Bielefeld were a Bundesliga side then and the opponents were Bayern, Borussia Dortmund, Moenchegladbach, Eintracht Frankfurt and the like so they were a great standard.
Hertha were also Bundesliga and I saw some great football at the Olympiastadion.
If you limit your football to Rangers you really are missing out.

Last edited:
I support 2 teams 1 is my local team Nantes ,that's where I live and of course Rangers my boyhood and young adulthood team I've been a Rangers supporter for as long as I can remember but I cant go to Ibrox,RTV is my only link,I was hoping that Rangers got a French team in the draw but unfortunately Cellick got Rennes but maybe one day here's hoping.

1. Rangers
2. Northern Ireland
3. Glentoran

Atheltico Madrid, Liverpool, Hertha Berlin, Pollok.

Just the one. The older I get the less footy I watch (mainly because you’re running kids about/cooking dinner when stuff is on).

I was talking to a yank the other day, and he was bemoaning the loss of nfl TV from his cable plan. "who do you support?" I asked. "Green Bay, New York...". He rattled off about 5 clubs that he supported for various reasons. "what do you do when when they play each other?", "I just support who's winning". Mental.
I support Rangers, and look out for my home town team, and my mum's home town team. The likelihood of them ever playing each other is very slim.

Funnily enough there’s a few yanks at my work just now from Mississippi and I asked them if they were Ole Miss fans. He replied saying saying yeah I support them, Mississippi state, LSU and Georgia.

%^*& knows how that works!

I just support who's winning
Nah, that's not for me. It says a lot about someone that has that approach to sport. I remember reading an exchange with some plastic English fan that decided to announce they "are now a Man City fan", when questioned why they were no longer Chelsea the answer was that Man City were winning. Tragic, pathetic and against what following a football team stands for.

One.

I've had teams I liked when I was a kid, but in all truthfulness I couldn't give a f*ck about any one else.
I'm the same, I have had brief interests in Ayr United, Chelsea and Perth Glory but it's always been about the Rangers for me.

Rangers.

Since we were trapdoor-ed into the lower leagues, I've had an aversion to attending away matches with the same regularity and gusto that I had previously. Essentially, I'm disinclined to line the pockets of our haters these days, though I've felt compelled to go to Pittodrie and Easter Road on occasion. What can I say, old habits die hard. To fill the 'away day' void in my life, I started following Pollok as they were my local Junior outfit. I 'support' them in the sense that I pay money to watch them home and away when their games don't clash with ours but in reality, I just have a soft spot for them.

Rangers come first, second and last. Nothing else matters. In the now dim and distant past, like many other posters on the thread, Scotland was a non-negotiable and have been to Wembley etc, etc, following the national side. Nowadays, I'd rather hammer a red hot six inch nail down my Japanese's eye than watch them. The Tartan Tadgers would put you off following football. Period.

I support Rangers but I generally like a team from various league but if Rangers were playing any of them then it's a no brainer. So Rangers.

Back