How many women do you know who like football?

Wife not interested but has to put up with it. Took my daughters twice to Ibrox, both spent their time texting on their phones, only glancing at the game. Granddaughters now my last chance.

Not that many. My missus loves loads of sports - football included - and used to have a ST at Easter Road (I know) before the kids arrived.

Worked with a few girls over the year who were into football, one current one is a ST at the Piggery.

Mucked about at uni with a girl who was a massive football fan and a bit of a sort. From Leeds but a massive Newcastle fan. I chummed her to watch a game in a pub during Euro 2004, not many of us about so ended up just being the two of us. We got hammered and I ended up rattling her. Any excuse to tell that story.

Me and my daughter have season tickets and she loves it,my youngest daughter has been a few times and she wants a season ticket as well.

I know loads. To get to the point of commentating/punditry, I don't believe anyone should be there to make up numbers because of their sex, race, experience in the game. It should be about how well they can analysis a game and the banter (or rivalry) they have with the rest of the panel. Saying that you've got shite like Stewart kicking about.

I've met quite a few over the years including some that still go - but none are from my family

I remember talking to a female Arsenal fan in London - who eventually took in a game at Ibrox - who could talk tactics, systems & formations far better than I ever could
I suspect she understood the game to a much deeper level than I've ever managed

I've no intention of sounding sexist - but inevitably the fact I've thought fit to mention this probably means I'm guilty

However - sexist or not - I'm fairly un-impressed with most of the female T.V. presenters that are currently on

Comparing them to a pretty poor bunch of male equivalents- they don't have a lot of competition

They just don't sound convincing to me the majority of the time- it sounds as if they're reading from a script

Maybe they are being prompted to say standard stuff only - but one way or another- it doesn't seem to work imo

Me! I am a season ticket holder along with my son. My hubby hates football!

My Mum is also a diehard fan and I know plenty other female diehards. We are out there.
There’s a mum and daughter behind me also, well was I’ve moved seat as of this season

My dad took me to my first game 50 years ago finally getting to go with my big brother and big sister as a very excited 5 year old and I’ve never stopped. My mum and dad were both from Drumoyne/Govan and friends with Willie Waddell and never missed a game. I’ve done the overnight sleep out at Ibrox for tickets, the queuing in snow for tickets, took my nieces to games, covered the seltik view over in Asda, celebrated along with the Porto/raith/caley fans, been all over Europe, love nothing more than talking tactics or debating whether his big toe was offside or not and don’t ask me what I done last week but I could tell you where I was standing in Hampden soaked when we won 1 nil with 10 men for 80mins against them lol. Plenty woman love their footie - me, my mum, sister and nieces are only a few, but more than loving our footie we love The Rangers X

Me and plenty others, know a few who are st holders... currently working on my two girls as well, this will be the season I get them along as both old enough.

Id say in my life I’ve probably known about 3 who were proper into it. Most I’d say will say they support a team, will know a few big name players, will maybe go to a game now and then but aren’t that interested.

The point of this is the amount of new female panelist’s plus the drive of women’s football on social media etc. My experience is women don’t generally give a shit so why this focus on evening out the amount of female and male presenters in an industry which is supported in the vast majority by males?
I agree TV, this might not be popular but I’ve often likened having female players giving their opinions on sportscene etc to asking Iain Fisher from Largs Thistle on for his expert analysis and wealth of experience from high level football. :))
Its another example of political correctness for a Woke generation.

Personally I know quite a few, some good friends in fact and there’s a few that sit around me unfortunately that crackpot Jill sits near me. In fact I probably know over 20 ST holders.

I’ve no issues with female fans at all and will happily talk all thing Rangers, I do have an issue with female summarisers who think because they’ve played the female game, they understand the male version. Now I’ve coached women’s teams and played against women’s teams and the best women’s team I played against and coached would get beat of a boys under 16’s. Was it the soccer aid game last year where they played a few ladies And it was cringeworthy to watch how far they were apart from even the celebs.

Womens and men’s football are entirely different sports in my opinion and should be treated as such. I have however no issue with either sexes having an interest in both. If. my daughter wanted To continue playing and even watching the Rangers ladies I’d happily take her along.

I go to the games with my old dear, who is in her mid 70s.

I stayed in Fort William for a number of years and got scunnered travelling down during the Le Guen years. One midweek game against a Scottish team we drew, got back to the bus to find it was broken awaiting a mechanic! Back home around 230-3am and back up for work at 7am the next morning. Final straw!

Anyhow I said to my dad I wasn’t using my season ticket for every game and would pick and choose matches. Still went to around 70%. My mum started going with hito the other games.

When my faither died in 2012 my mum and me then renewed the season tickets for the following season and have been going since.

My dad also ran a boys club football team late 70s/early 80s with another guy. My mum used togo to every game and give the boys juice/oranges at halftime and tea/coffee for mums and dads. So I’d say she’s pretty into her football.

Back