How much are you missing watching Rangers?

Pvt. Hudson

Woke up this morning and for some reason it hit me how much I miss watching us play. I don’t think any of us expected things to turn out the way it has. I Watched a bit of the German football yesterday but it done nothing for me. I honestly can’t wait to see us play a game again. It’s been too long.

Miss going to the stadium, that feeling of walking up the steps before seeing the inside of the ground. The first game when we the fans are allowed back will be amazing. I can see there being a lot of games behind closed doors initially. Hopefully sooner than we think.

Anyone else the same or are you glad in a way to have a break?

I find even the 2 week international breaks a stretch so this Rangers void is really difficult. I basically arrange the rest of my life around Rangers games so without them there's no structure.

If we're starting SPFL games and completing Europa League at the beginning of August, we must have friendlies for fitness and possibly even Europa qualifiers for 20/21 during July (maybe we'll have a game 6 weeks from now?) so watching those on TV will keep me going until we can get back to Ibrox. That first game back is going to be incredible. Gonna make it a full day out with mates, Louden, District, the lot.

I couldn't wait for the season to end, we were a complete and utter shambles. There was no enjoyment watching us struggle home and away, losing to Hamilton, drawing with St. Johnstone, showing no appetite, hunger, desire or fight at Tynecastle.

As a result I haven't missed it as much as I would have thought.

The break came at a good time for me and now I am ready to go again.

A lot but I am another in the camp of we were almost just going through the motions and just wanted the season to end. Players looked lazy almost to a man. like just how a team plays when the dressing room is lost. We must find the answer to this problem. Players were not putting in the same shift as they were. I am buzzing for a return but we need to come back fighting and bursting out of the traps.

I couldn't wait for the season to end, we were a complete and utter shambles. There was no enjoyment watching us struggle home and away, losing to Hamilton, drawing with St. Johnstone, showing no appetite, hunger, desire or fight at Tynecastle.

Sadly that is just about how I feel. Hopefully the players are ready to flick the "on" switch and go again as well.

Same as the Captain an DL above.

Was scunnered with the way things were going, but I'm missing it badly now.

Edit: the same applies to Jnr - going to Ibrox together is a big thing thing.

Miss it like hell, miss the banter of the guys around me, miss the atmosphere but mostly miss being with 50,000 other bears watching the team we love.

I miss the days out more than the actual game if honest. Rangers are a big part of my life it’s mostly what I talk about it.

It would be worse if it was just me but it’s the same for everyone so can’t complain.

I miss everything about our club. We seem to be frozen in time. I crave news and getting closer to silverware again.

Missed the Famous every minute of every day since the Leverkusen game, but must admit i havent missed the other football at all .

The first month or so I was happy with the break. I was getting stressed/upset (overreaction I know but that’s how I felt) by our performances and just wanted it to end.

Now I’m looking forward to the season starting again.

Lockdown has made it feel like end of the season twice over, can't imagine anymore without another Rangers game.

Missing the goosebumps i get on match day as the stadium comes into view, so much that when I’ve been going out running a couple of times I’ve run to Ibrox and back.

Missing bonding with the boy, especially as his mum and I separated last year so that’s been a constant for us both.

Can’t wait to get back to be honest, hopefully with some hungry new faces in the team.

I'm still feeling the pain of that Hearts cup defeat and too many blows were raining down on the support almost every other week.
Hate to say it but not missing it at all.

I would say it’s closer to the truth that people in general are missing an everyday normal life for obvious reasons.

With most people having to stay at home and not see their friends and family and not able to work, life is far from Ideal.

Rangers is a big part of life for most of us and we obviously miss it and I can’t wait to see us run out at Ibrox ASAP.

The pandemic has been dictating our way of life for 8 or 9 weeks now and hopefully we can get out safely at the other end largely unscathed.

Shame FC have embarrassed themselves from the start ( and still are ) while we have acted with class and dignity.

It will make the return to normal life worth it.

Exactly the same way i was feeling. I'm not even desperate fir the games to start, just want the buzz of pre season with some new signings and new hope.

Pretty much how I feel too.

I mostly only get to view on RangersTV these days, though I did have a couple of trips to Ibrox planned for after the break. I miss it terribly.

One of the consequences is that I spend even more time on here. As a result I feel I’m becoming a little less tolerant of other posters who aren’t, perhaps, keeping as up to date with events as those of us who are on here 12 hours a day LOL. Some of my responses thus become rather terse and negative and I apologise to anyone that I’ve had a go at unnecessarily.:(

August/September seems an awful long way off.

We ended last season playing quite well which meant I couldn't wait for the new season.

Rangers in 2020 was just a misery aside from about 110 minutes against Braga.

Missing that feeling of walking up the stairs and into the stadium.
Going out of the ground after the Leverkusen game had a feeling it might be a while before we were back.

Not much if I am honest. Was absolutely scunnered the way this season was panning out.

Im sure a couple of months down the line it will be different but its only been around 8 or 9 weeks and our shocking loss of form still leaves a sour taste.

Watching the German games is making me feel extremely sad about the situation
The German BCD games are soulless and imo almost unwatchable, (although of course I am watching them for want of anything else). Thought of watching Rangers in this format makes me wonder if there’s any point to it. Maybe I will grow to like it, guess I’ll have to.

Hugely. Not being able to go to the games with my old man, brother and son is much harder than I’d ever have thought.

Tried watching the German games today, lasted about 15 mins... not much interest unless it's the Gers

Miss feeling that deep burning sickness in my stomach whenever we make life hard for ourselves and constant shoot ourselves in the foot?? weirdly, aye.

Exactly this! Can be so draining at times especially after poor performances against dire spfl teams when you can’t switch off from it, just hangs over you! A was glad of the break aswell but last 2 weeks just want to see my team again whenever that may be!

I miss it big time. Every Friday I catch myself thinking, "Great! Rangers game in the morning" then reality bites and its the pit of depression for the next hour or so.

I was really looking forward to us reeling in the poets and winning 55 on the final day of the season :cool:

Back