How much does the club make from programmes every season?

NDC bear forever

Wondering if anyone knows. Would it make sense for the club to keep making these so people can order these for games behind closed doors or is it not cost effective

The club have said they have no intention of stopping them, which suits me as I am a collector!

They print about 5,000 per game, sell them for £3.50 each, so they make about £1 per prog say, so approx £5k per game. Multiply by 25-30 a season (including Europe and friendlies) anything up to £150k. (all guess work by the way)

I would certainly buy them for any closed doors games, but not everyone will. By the way, there are rumours one was printed for the Celtic game in March, but no-one has one. If anyone has one, give me a shout.

P.S. heres my home collection!

The club have said they have no intention of stopping them, which suits me as I am a collector!

They print about 5,000 per game, sell them for £3.50 each, so they make about £1 per prog say, so approx £5k per game. Multiply by 25-30 a season (including Europe and friendlies) anything up to £150k. (all guess work by the way)

I would certainly buy them for any closed doors games, but not everyone will. By the way, there are rumours one was printed for the Celtic game in March, but no-one has one. If anyone has one, give me a shout.

I’ve got everyone bar one or two since we returned to the top flight. I know my money is going directly to the club and it’s quite fun to collect them, a win win

They will switch to a digital format instead. Then could encourage people to pay for the full season worth to help income.
I remember contacting the club in the summer of 2012, full of determination to do my bit, and I was asking about how to subscribe to the season worth of programmes.. they had no idea of how to manage this.
It was quite a surprise, especially when it turned out the fuckers were trying to rinse every penny they could!

Try and buy one every match along with the half time draw and scratch card. Was planning on collecting them for every game onwards from Div 3 but I missed a few due to demand and packed it in.

20 years ago , we were printing 18000 for home games, that’s technology for you.

Try and buy one every match along with the half time draw and scratch card. Was planning on collecting them for every game onwards from Div 3 but I missed a few due to demand and packed it in.
I never buy a program now, occasionally did back in the day. Often bought a scratchcard as well, forgot about them. I have a £1 winner never claimed + stuck on my work noticeboard as well because it was the Barcelona bears and I met a couple of them that day. Scratching 3 shirts won a vip day out, 2 shirts a signed shirt and 1 was a home top iirc.

£4 a week dd for Gers lotto now but I have never had a winner lol.

Not bought on in Years it’s usually quite outdated info in it. Used to collect them
Aswell.

I buy one every week, although it's more for the quiz than anything else.

Always some serious competition in the Grapes after the game. :))

Used to collect hundreds of them, got every home one from 88/89 onwards and every away one from 98/99 till about our return back on 2016, only stopped cos we went to Ross County for some reason they never produced one for it so decided to stop. Well that and the storage space it took up. Just buy the Euro ones now

Used to collect hundreds of them, got every home one from 88/89 onwards and every away one from 98/99 till about our return back on 2016, only stopped cos we went to Ross County for some reason they never produced one for it so decided to stop. Well that and the storage space it took up. Just buy the Euro ones now

I don’t think there was a programme printed for the game against them before lockdown as far as I am aware..

There will have as it was only late on the game was cancelled. It will be like hobby horse's dung to get hold of if it hasnt already been destroyed.

I don’t think there was a programme printed for the game against them before lockdown as far as I am aware..
Game only called off Friday morning, possibly not printed or sitting in boxes at the printers.
Rangers would normally have the programmes by the Friday afternoon.

Is it a requirement to have match programmes? I know it was in English league football until recently.

. Interesting that figure of 5000 per game. I would have thought it was much higher than that for some reason. Probably because I always buy one I assumed most people did.

Is it a requirement to have match programmes? I know it was in English league football until recently.

Don't think as Ross County don't issue any longer has been that way for the past 3 or 4 seasons

Yes the EFL did vote to end the requirement of issuing 2 years ago

Interesting to know how many is sold I'd have thought more than that! I'm guessing as with anything in the printing world it's the advertising inside that makes the money.

I wonder if it could be included or costed into the season tickets and match day tickets. Every seat In the stadium has a programme on it, with more people guaranteed to read it you could charge more for advertising inside it?

Loved the st Mirren one, we had white knickers on and they had black ones :)) Not your hand writing I take it @tcbuzz

Interesting to know how many is sold I'd have thought more than that! I'm guessing as with anything in the printing world it's the advertising inside that makes the money.

I wonder if it could be included or costed into the season tickets and match day tickets. Every seat In the stadium has a programme on it, with more people guaranteed to read it you could charge more for advertising inside it?

Advertising in print makes money for no-one anymore

That is a fantastic collection, had a great collection including ones my Dad had given me from the early 60s, but various house moves and they have been lost.

i dont buy it now, feels to big to carry about, unlike when FF was on sale outside and the other one, used to be sold outside the bookies was pocket size, the boy that sold it passed a few years back forget its name.

A lot go free in hospitality areas etc, most clubs are lucky to break even I’d suggest

Used to like getting a programme many years ago but couldn't tell you the last time I bought one. Might be the 90s.

Used to collect programmes but think i chucked them when i moved. There used to be money in them.

Off topic a touch but the unused tickets for leverkusen away will be worth holding on to. Maybe worth some collector value in the future

Back