How much football do you watch outside of Rangers?

What other football do you watch outwith Rangers?

• None

Votes: 358 47.5%
  • Juniors

Votes: 33 4.4%
  • Champions League/Europa

Votes: 78 10.4%
  • EPL

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Every game that I can get to/watch on TV

Votes: 116 15.4%
  • International

Votes: 15 2.0%

• Total voters
I have always watched English football and still do. Same with European football.

The big change is that I no longer watch any Scottish football not involving Rangers and I don't watch Scotland games.

Unlike many Bears I know, if Rangers didn't exist I would still be a football fan.

Actually watch far more cricket on Sky than football.

Looking forward to the England v West Indies series starting next week.

Will be checking out the Windies Castore kit too.

if we have a free weekend then i either go to Linfield or Carlisle.
before 2012 i would usually go to firhill etc. not now, not ever. not one extra penny into scottish football,

Used to watch nearly every premier league and champions league game that was on tv but find myself being very selective now in what games I watch.

A combination of UEFA arranging that the big 4 or 5 leagues get all the money by making a mockery of the European cup and also changing the rules to suit the divers and simulators of the European/South American game has totally lost my interest in the game.
If it wasn't for Rangers I wouldn't watch any, and the SPFL/SFA are getting close to ruining that.

Have it on most nights if a match is on but I work from home so it’s often just in background, do need to watch some matches and sports for work as well.

Follow all German leagues and Spanish top 3 divisions closely and try and watch as much as I can. Prefer watching goals shows more and more now to catch up on everything.

Over the years I've found myself watching less and less football outwith ourselves.

IMO the 90s was the golden era of football both for us and the likes of the Italian league where you could watch Batistuta and co. tearing it up and when Europe had a wee bit more unpredictability about it.

After months without a Rangers fix, I thought I would be more keen for these German and EPL games being played behind closed doors but I've only watched bits here and there, no full games.

How much football do you watch outwith our games?
Im same in 90s couldnt get enough would watch all games i could,now just us and the odd champions league game but get bored after half hour dont know why maybe just to predictable now.

The odd Premiership game on a wet Sunday afternoon but it’s not the same when you don’t really care what the result is.

I much prefer highlight shows to the full 90 mins but I'll literally always have football on in the background even if I'm not watching intently.

I increasingly find myself watching Polish/ Hungarian etc football more than Spanish or Italian.

Barely anything tbh. Haven't watched a champions league game (incl. Finals) in about 5 or 6 years and will occasionally watch MOTD but inevitability get bored after about 10 mins and switch off. Part of it is to do with our struggles in recent years and partly to do with the sterile environment created by the excessive money but outside of Rangers I'm not sure I could even say I particularly enjoy football anymore.

Used to watch EPL religiously but have found it hard to get back into it with no fans. I think maybe it’s because the league is over

Very little to be honest. If there’s a WC/Euros on I’ll watch them, but don’t really care for the EPL or Champions League.

Barely anything tbh. Haven't watched a champions league game (incl. Finals) in about 5 or 6 years and will occasionally watch MOTD but inevitability get bored after about 10 mins and switch off. Part of it is to do with our struggles in recent years and partly to do with the sterile environment created by the excessive money but outside of Rangers I'm not sure I could even say I particularly enjoy football anymore.
Matches my thoughts... i’d only pay to see Messi as he makes it look like a different game.

I used to watch a lot but over the past couple of years, it has lessened.

I really did not miss it when coronavirus kicked as much as I thought I might. Would much rather have it back but my obsession has lessened. Still love Rangers as much as I ever did though. That will never change. If they are playing, then my life will revolve around it!

I've voted none, though I may very rarely watch an English or European game, but otherwise have watched nothing but Rangers for a good few years.

May be partly an age thing (I'm now 61). As a boy there was very little live football shown on TV, mainly just major cup finals & internationals, so at that time we had to rely on 2 weekend & infrequent midweek highlights shows, but I would watch anything & everything I could. I could have named the first teams of probably every Scottish & English 1st division clubs, knew cup winners north & south of the border from the war onwards, European & World Cup too. Probably still can up to the mid 1990's, but would struggle to tell you who won trophies in last 10 years.

Interest in general football probably ended about 20 years ago, went to virtually all our away games until around 2005, but hardly been since. Our ridiculous league set up with the uneven 'split', Nationalist takeover of our national teams support, & the response of the SFA & other clubs in 2012 have all contributed, but career & family also tends to influence the interest level over time.

Might be just a boring old fart now, but football seemed so much more enjoyable 30 plus years ago. For me it's Ibrox season ticket & pub for away games now. Too much commercial domination of the game, focus on the 'big' leagues & Champions League. As for behind closed door games - pointless.

Doubt if I'm alone in this view & would be interested to know if many other posters from my age group have the same level of interest as they would have had a schoolboy.

Will watch big EPL or cl games. After that just match of the day and champions league highlights. I’ll watch Europa league highlights if we’re in the competition, if not I probably wouldn’t bother

Rangers games and will occasionally watch english, Spanish and some german games depending who's on. Used to love watching Italian football when i was younger but totally lost interest in that league. Will be watching Portsmouth today to see how mccrorrie gets on.

Rangers
Barca
Champions League
Euros
World Cup

The odd Premiership match

Pop down and watch Kelty Hearts occasionally but that’s about it. Cancelled Sky sports just before lockdown. To be honest “Super Sunday” rarely ever lived up to its name anyway.

It’s mental considering how much I used to watch but I now find myself turning games off after 10 or 15 minutes if I even bother watching at all.
Since 2012 I really have taken a scunner to it. When teams like Bournmouth watford and many more are raking in tv cash with small fan bases it really pisses me off.

English premiership, Championship, Champions league and Europa. Occasionally I’d watch international games but mainly only England or Northern Ireland.

I've probably watched more non-Rangers matches in the last few weeks than the previous few years

I used to watch serie A regularly when I worked in Italy & really enjoyed it -
I personally found it much more entertaining than the EPL which I still think can be over-rated - sure the top 4 or 5 teams are top quality but you're often in free-fall after that

Used to watch any game I could when I was growing up but now, outside of Rangers, I’ll only bother if I’m having a few beers with mates or if it’s a World Cup or Euros. Nothing to do with being staunch or anything like that I just have no interested in watching games where I feel nothing for either team.

I only ever watch Rangers because no other team gets my blood going. I'll maybe watch a final or a derby with other side's competing but very rarely
Same here. Not a staunch thing. Just can’t afford to commit the time to watching someone else for 2 hours. Not forking our all that extra when it doesn’t matter to me.

I watch football basically every day it's on, when I'm studying I just chuck random games I can find streams for on in the background. Probably watch Bundesliga and Serie A the most other than the SPL of course, watch a fair bit of Spanish, English and Dutch also.

Very little. Especially the English game these days, dunno many of the players there.
Outside Rangers, very difficult to get interested

Feel like this would be a better question for the obssessed haha scum.

Back to the point, None. I just cannot get into games that i have no passion for.

Never miss a rangers game. If needs must I sky plus and watch later on (avoid my phone so I never know ghetto score).
Have bt but hardly watch the champions league anymore.
Even on a Sunday I’ll have super Sunday on but it’s more of a background thing it’s there but I dong really watch it.
Back in the day I watched it all

Pre lockdown it was CL knockout stages only, or if I ever managed to get a Sunday off then I'd watch any old shite just to have a few beers in the pub

Back