How much football do you watch outside of Rangers?

What other football do you watch outwith Rangers?

• None

Votes: 358 47.5%
  • Juniors

Votes: 33 4.4%
  • Champions League/Europa

Votes: 78 10.4%
  • EPL

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Every game that I can get to/watch on TV

Votes: 116 15.4%
  • International

Votes: 15 2.0%

• Total voters
Voted none and I'm not joking. I check scores but couldn't name more than 10% of English Premiership players. Get found out every week on Question of Sport.

Its Rangers, its Rangers, its Rangers for me.

That said I didn't recognise a bearded Jordan Jones yesterday:p

Will watch any game that takes my fancy from the premiership, English championship, la liga, bundesliga and the UEFA competitions.

Don't watch international football

I voted No which isn't actual the honest truth. I do watch some EPL and CL games but normal lose interest pretty quickly and turn off. Never ever watch a Scottish game that does not feature us.

Very little. There was a time I could name every player in the SPL nowI really couldn’t care less about any of them other than Rangers. I did watch the Athletico Barcelona game the other night but other than the very odd game only Rangers.

Ive been watching the football during lockdown just out of boredom but honestly ive not got a lot of interest unless it rangers.

Used to watch any game on tv, now finding i hardly watch any. Since the football returned i've yet to watch a full game

Two guys scored for Manchester United the other night....never heard of them, that sums up my interest. Rangers, that's always been it.

I used to watch everything going but the only thing I can watch now is us. I’ve got so much else I can do when games are on but everything stops when we are on and that’s not negotiable as much hassle as it can cause at home at times. I’ve cancelled all my footy subs apart from rtv.

Voted none and I'm not joking. I check scores but couldn't name more than 10% of English Premiership players. Get found out every week on Question of Sport.

Its Rangers, its Rangers, its Rangers for me.

That said I didn't recognise a bearded Jordan Jones yesterday:p
Was it you that thought he was Barisic? Had a wee laugh at whoever that was.

I used to watch everything then after all the shite that happened to us in 2012 I think I fell out of love with football for years. I went to Ibrox out of duty rather than enjoyment and barely watched any games on telly. Over the last couple of years I’ve started watching more big EPL and European games but if it’s not Rangers I’m not really interested.

Virtually none.
Watch the odd game or more likely just part of a game. Only one team really worth watching.

Rarely watch anything but us these days. I used to watch Scotland matches but zero interest now after the way we have been treated by Scottish football. If I know the mentally challengeds are being scelped in Europe I might be tempted to gloat for a short while and listen to their pain.

Like a lot of others on this thread, I find myself watching less and less football. I watch Rangers, World Cup and Euro Championships. That's it. I can't stand the Champions League etc. unless we're involved, which hasn't been for a while obviously.

In the 90s, I could probably name 80%+ of players in Scottish and English Premier and knew positions and whether they were any good or not. Now??... I think I would struggle to even name all of the TEAMS in the EPL outside of the mainstays like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. I'm talking about your Bournemouths and teams like that - I forget year to year who's in and who's out because I just don't watch it! I can still recognise most players from the 90s but very little from today.

I was looking forward to the EPL coming back and I thought I'd watch every game... I haven't watched a single minute. I've seen about 10 minutes of a German game when they first started and that's been it.

I NEVER miss a minute of The Rangers, though and I cannot wait to see us play again.

Oh, and full disclosure, I will occasionally watch Celtic games if I'm home and it's on, but I won't go out of my way to watch it... I also turn it off as soon as they score the first goal. :))

It’s pretty much on constant in my house - and chances are if I am not watching football I am coaching the under 13s team !! When there was no football on the TV I genuinely didn’t know what to do with myself.

Watch most epl game in pub and European games also all of Scotland games but didn't see an multiple choice for this.

Only one team I go out of my way to watch is Rangers. If there’s nothing else on I’ll maybe flick through the channels

Money has ruined football . The sooner they let the so called elite clubs %^*& Of and play there own league the better . The UCL is boring when it can only be won by the same 5 teams. Football was so much better when every league in Europe was fairly even . Now there’s 2 tiers. The big 5 leagues and the rest

it’s not going to go backwards but

Reactions: o7o
I watch it all. Football still has the ability to thrill and excite. Kompany banging that one in against Leicester at the end of last season was absolutely sensational, for example.

Over the years I've found myself watching less and less football outwith ourselves.

IMO the 90s was the golden era of football both for us and the likes of the Italian league where you could watch Batistuta and co. tearing it up and when Europe had a wee bit more unpredictability about it.

After months without a Rangers fix, I thought I would be more keen for these German and EPL games being played behind closed doors but I've only watched bits here and there, no full games.

How much football do you watch outwith our games?
I tend to watch lots of football, but get bored as the Rangers intensity is not there

Subscribe to RTV, so I watch all of our games with a passion. Outside of that, I have little to no interest in watching anybody else. I do catch up on all the scores throughout the main Euro leagues and will occasionally watch YouTube highlights if a scoreline catches my eye, but that's about it. Since moving to Australia I watch Aussie rules, mainly to take part in the banter with colleagues at work. Once you get into it though, it's a far more entertaining TV spectacle than football.

I voted none.

I’ll watch a game that I’ve bet on and switch it off when it’s gubbed.

Football bores the tits off me, yet I’ve paid for and sat up until 3 in the morning watching Rangers play friendlies against American college teams.

Weird.

Involved with a team called Baxter. My wee grandson plays in under 13s and watch the seniors. On professional side of it go to odd A-league game Victory.
Just about every Rangers game to be honest there results is the one that matters .

Might watch an EPL game (when crowds are in), if I am in a bar or if I have money on it but otherwise I dont watch anyone else.

I struggle to keep interested while watching games that don’t feature Rangers. I wouldn’t go out of my way to watch other games.

But if I’m home & it’s on BeIN Sports I’ll maybe tune in. For example I watched Man City v Liverpool the other night, first live match I’ve watched in months.

Rangers games and that’s it.
I’ll watch some finals now and again but it’s Rangers only.

None. Maybe the odd World Cup game but truth be told, I get bored very quickly watching games not involving us.

Il watch “big“ games in the epl and on the continent. I also watch the highlights shows from Germany, Spain, Italy and England

I've always gone to games but since the training ground opened its mainly Rangers games, in normal times around 4/5 games a week. Still go to the odd youth international, junior game and in the last couple of years tried to do a Champions League came when travelling to our Europa League games. The years we were down the leagues had a Champions League/Europa League trip each season taking in a game in each tournament couple of days apart. Close to 150 live games a season, kinda lost interest in TV football and don't watch anywhere near as many as I used to.

I genuinely cant remember the last time I watched a full game not involving rangers. Watched about 20 minutes of I think Watford v villa the other day as it was on sky one and there was nowt else on but it doesnt interest me as much nowadays. I love playing football but outside of rangers I find it a bit boring. Theres no players really that excite me especially in the epl they are all just clones trained to pass rather than run at defenders

Just highlights of English premiership on a sat night, Very rarely watch a full live game now. Maybe Barca V Real but that's about it. Haven't watched a German or Italian league game for years.

Since we were shoehorned to the lower leagues none whatsoever as a club of our stature we were flogged to death .I don't think in my opinion this would have happened any where else to any top club.

Very very rarely do I watch football on tv now. I’ve tried countless times but generally can’t be arsed unless it’s the CL final or similar.

I watch nearly every game I can on the telly and probably have a bet on nearly every game also.
The only games I don't watch are games involving you know who unless it's against us or they're going to get severely pumped.

Back