How much football do you watch outside of Rangers?

What other football do you watch outwith Rangers?

• None

Votes: 358 47.5%
  • Juniors

Votes: 33 4.4%
  • Champions League/Europa

Votes: 78 10.4%
  • EPL

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Every game that I can get to/watch on TV

Votes: 116 15.4%
  • International

Votes: 15 2.0%

• Total voters
Try to watch English games on sky when im bored but just turns in to background noise really, i have little to interest in the overhyped english game.
Love watching my local amateur team and also highland league team when i can.

20 years ago I'd watch as much football as I possibly could, nowadays the odd CL game, International tournaments etc, I'd actually sit down and watch a womans game now rather than an EPL or Champinship game. If I have a coupon on I might watch some of the featured games on 365 but purely for gambling purposes :))

Voted none. Absolutely no interest in other leagues or teams. Scunnered from 2012 to be honest. I only care about us.

im finding the NFL and Boxing my favoured sports, always been into both however being a raiders fan from the mid 80's i have a more emotional tie to it. I love it and can pretty much watch any game, just wish their season was longer.
Some great shows on Netflix to tide you over, last chance U. QB1 beyond the lights are both excellent

None. It's tough enough life and rangers.

It's easy to watch loads of football if you actually like football :D

Rangers is a life sentence on its own :D

Outside of Rangers and Kilbirnie Ladeside I have zero interest in any other football games. I find it boring because I don't have that connection to the teams that are playing.
..and watching Scotland is painful.

Rangers only unless I was to get a phone call telling me the scum were 3 nil down with 10 mins to go then I just might watch that

I used to to some junior games, watch nothing on telly these days except a handful of Bundesliga matches though.

Only other football I watch is when My young boys are playing. Find it hard to watch other Teams when it’s not related to Rangers

I actually lost much of my enthusiasm for football after what happened to us in 2012. It totally emotionally drained me. Only really interested in us now, and even then it's not as all-enveloping as it was. I guess I'm still affected by what happened.

I like watching certain teams

Man Utd right Now

Liverpool

hate Man City

Chelsea I am MEH

Bayer Munich

Dortmund

Real Madrid are brutal!

So not so much the league but more the teams!

I detest teams who don’t try and play football

None.

No interest in football outside our club. Money has ruined the once beautiful game.

If I’m not watching Rangers I would rather be on the golf course.

With so much football on tv I only watch top teams from top leagues
hoping to be entertained with the likes
of Neymar & Co.

I'm clinging on if I'm honest. I cut my teeth at Luton in the late 60's and into the 70's. grew up watching match of the day and Scotland v England internationals, Man u and Celtic's European cup finals and of course, Barca 72 ;). The 70 world cup was outstanding, Brazil and Pele, I guess you had to be there ...

Great players, a great game and mainly, played in a great spirit, what was 'not to like?'

Now? I'm detached from my national team, couldn't give a toss about the money rich EPL, the CL is meaningless as a competition, players are 'earning' obscene amounts and due to politicised, corporate demands, are 'taking a knee'. I feel little connection to the game I knew and played any time I could find something resembling a ball.

I even questioned myself over renewing this season. Loyalty to Rangers (like in the Charles Green era) has made me part with my money. I love Rangers, but have come to dislike the forces driving the game.

It isn't the game I grew up with, and eventually, I'll just stop and reflect sadly on what it was.

Used to watch every game on tv loved the EPL but in the last 10 year it has became a tourist attraction and totaly overhyped.only watch rangers now

Practically nowt apart from The odd Cup Final.
Love the World Cup and Euros only because it breaks up the close season. But having said that it's not as enjoyable as tourneys in days gone by.
Maybe it's an age thing.
# Grumpy old Fart Loyal.

Outside of Rangers, mostly watch Chelsea in the EPL. Lived in Battersea, London for nearly 20 years until a few years back, most of the friends I made there were Chelsea fans, so I ended up following them. Due to the amount of time I spent living there, I've definitely been to more Chelsea matches than Rangers one's. Love watching Chelsea on TV, but it still doesn't get the butterflies in the stomach going anything like when Rangers are on, especially if it's a game against the filth or a big European match.

Used to watch every game I could, all leagues.

Now I’d probably rather watch the highlights except for big games in EPL, Champions League and major international tournaments, all of which serve as a good excuse to go to the pub!

Edit - and obviously every minute of every Rangers game.

only usually match of the day .
only watch live on tv when rangers are on and
watch Coleraine every game possible home and away in the flesh .

If Rangers aren’t playing I won’t watch footy.
I like rangers more than I like football, that prob sounds daft. Lol

I prefer to watch the pga golf than other football if I’m completely honest

Used to watch four or five EPL games a week. But I’m done with that going forward as well as all American sports. It’s Rangers only for me now on as far as all sports are concerned.

Last edited:
Any and all football I can find to watch tbh. Be it dodgy streams or live matches on TV, I just really enjoy watching football. Lockdown was hellish without it and I struggled.

Watching Rangers, especially recently, stresses me out. I find that I don't actually appreciate the games until the dust has settled. So I quite enjoy watching games without that stress being involved. Don't get me wrong, wouldn't miss a game of ours for the world.

My 'second' team, if you could call it that, through family connections on my missus side. Is the rather controversially coloured, Ferencváros in Hungary. So I watch a fair bit of their games, so long as it doesn't clash with Rangers games. I will watch pretty much any league in Europe near enough and have done. Also watch South American football and MLS from time to time too. Champions League and Europa League obviously. Still adore watching the World Cup and the Euros, utterly detest watching the qualifiers for them though.

Have always loved watching football and would pretty much watch any match. Over the past few years I have found my interest dwindling and often prefer to watch golf or even cricket on TV at a weekend.

Besides Rangers virtually none, the odd Serie A game but that's it.

No real interest in the English game, a soft spot for a couple of teams but wouldn't go out of my way to watch the matches.

TV and money has ruined football, in the rush to sanitize and make stadiums family friendly NFL style events they have taken the soul out of the game. For years we were told politics has no place in the game, but it seems that was just to get rid of what they didn't want in order to replace it with the right on political messages they approve of.

Very little now compared to 10 years ago. Back then I watched more or less any live football. I believe it's over saturation of the market, there is just far too much football on TV that I have now lost a lot of interest.

Outside Rangers, I only ever watch Scotland (competitive games only), MOTD and big games in EPL and when the CL gets to quarter finals onwards

Watch any Hamburg game I can and the odd Bundesliga/Bundesliga 2 game if there's something at stake. Last season I watched a few of the Friday night Scottish Championship games. Still watch Scotland games but have stopped going to them.

Used to watch the odd EPL game but have no interest in it at all these days, never really bothered with Serie A or La Liga.

I'm a member at Chelsea,go to a few home games a season when not at Ibrox,I'll watch games on telly but usually lose interest after a short time.

I am actually surprised at the number of folk on here who seem to be thinking like me. I watch very little else these days, top flight in England was getting boring and is even more so with no fans. CL was going the same way for me, this spreading of games at later stages as well as the same games constantly coming up. Maybe TV execs should be worried if lots of us are thinking this way, but then maybe money talks and fans don’t matter.

If I am home and its on the EPL. I wouldn't go out my way or cancel plans like I would if Rangers where playing to watch it. Haven't watched another SPL game since Hearts beat Celtic 4-0 in Rodgers first league defeat, even at that I only turned it on at 2-0 to Hearts.

I only tend to watch midweek EPL or Sunday games. On a Saturday I like to save myself for MOTD.

Will watch El Classico but no other Spanish games.

Will watch Juve v Inter but no other Italian games.

I voted as much as possible, but to qualify that, I will watch any match that’s on TV, IN THE PUB, I don’t watch any at home.

probably get a bit of grief i watch any scottish game i can on the telly. like to keep up to date with how players are performing across scotland so i have an idea if any then come to rangers.

It’s obvious with some of the threads and comments about other football/transfers/players etc than over 50% of this forum watch no other football than Rangers :D
Now we have proof.

Watch the champions league when I can and bit of a gambler so also any game i have a bet on. No so keen on europa league outside of us, feel as if most teams cba with it

Very little out with Rangers. I’ll come in from work and my son will say “Did you see so and so’s goal for Napoli last night?” And I won’t have a clue what he’s talking about.

Back