How much good will is there towards Rangers?

Media whores only want to sell their product and the story against us is running out of steam...how much better a story is there out there? one with plenty of legs?

Wouldn't that be our story from our point of view with questions to answer from all our haters and the lies and skulduggery carried out by all concerned, alluding to all that has gone on behind the scenes, leading onto many other newsworthy stories in their own right as the interest in whats been done against us grows...well in a perfect world anyway.

None whatsoever.
I don't even bother discussing football with anyone other than Rangers fans like myself,it just isn't worth the grief.

The last two decades have seen a shift in Scotland to make Unionism and by default Rangers into a toxic social and political element.
It hasn't totally found favour nationally, and has probably had its high water mark if you consider the nation as a whole.

However, inside football itself, there is different and far more extreme demographic, driven by Roman Catholic political influence that finds favour with those louder nationalist types who frequent many of the smaller clubs.
To hate Rangers is almost the same as hating the English.
We are the default lightening rod that brings together both the '19th Century Terrorist' hatred of the British State and the 'small minded Jock' hatred of the English.
All in one handy sized football community and club package.

On the other hand, down here in England eyes have been opened by events in Scotland over the same period.
English people can now distinguish the sort of Scot that votes SNP from those of us who don't harbour insane grudges borne of our own failures now also nurtured by Irish Republican historical hatreds.

Inside English football Rangers are recognised as a British club supported by citizens who share the same values as other British people, and the club are seen as welcome by ordinary English working people, who have woken up to the poisonous reality of Terrorist FC.

Outside of those second generation Irish RC types of left wing journalists (and there are plenty of them in England as well), most English people aware of football culture will no longer put up with terrorist associations nor forgive any so called 'craic' surrounding them.
The world has become too dangerous to give any ground on this subject, and there is no culture south of the border amongst working people to make allowances in this area.
The Filth have been found out and are no longer welcome.

The next decade will be interesting.
Rangers may have lost some footing in Scotland, but in the wider scheme of the UK we are in a better position, and if there are openings down south, I suspect it is us and not the Filth who will get the real sincere and welcoming invitations.

Our board made noises about "moving on, building bridges" etc but they forgot to take into account that the other clubs wallowed in our pain and built up hatred that never existed in such a way before

we are our own worst enemies. Why we allow our players on loan to st Johnston or the like is beyond me. We should do nothing to help other clubs out. We should remain respectful and do what we need to do but we shouldn't be doing any favours after the way we were treated

We have been the subject of black propaganda for many a year now. Any club that may want to show good will would be reluctant to do for the fear of some sort of reprisal from the mhanky hordes.

Among supporters of other clubs, none whatsoever.

We were always hated because we were the biggest and the best - that just goes with the territory - but I really noticed a shift in the immediate aftermath of devolution where our overt unionist sympathies appeared to grate with the new establishment.

Come 2012 however, there was a disturbing blood lust, the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for all the little people we'd lorded it over for so long to stick the boot into the fallen giant when it was down.

Yet the collective act of doing so - I keep thinking of Murder On The Orient Express, only we didn't die - has appeared to have left them even more angry than before.

Not a dig op,but why would any fan care if we are liked,I couldn't give to hoots about any other club in fact I hope most have to go through what happened and still happening to us,I'm sure other fans only care about their team, there will be some than hate us but not as much as is made out a lot is down to keyboard warriers,the ordinary probably just couldn't give a %^*&.

we are our own worst enemies. Why we allow our players on loan to st Johnston or the like is beyond me. We should do nothing to help other clubs out. We should remain respectful and do what we need to do but we shouldn't be doing any favours after the way we were treated
You are forgetting we send thousands to all the away games that's all the help these Rangers haters require.

In Scotland, hardly any. I genuinely do not think there has been any for several decades. When we were in our greatest hour of need it was our friends across the water in Linfield who came to our aid. That will never be forgotten.

None whatsoever.
I don't even bother discussing football with anyone other than Rangers fans like myself,it just isn't worth the grief.
There are a few in my local, both Hibs and Hearts fans even a couple of token yahoos, who can have a normal talk about football with acceptable banter.

There are also some complete arseholes who I wouldn't give the time of day to.

Unfortunately it's the moonhowlers who shout the loudest and who the club chairmen seem to listen to

Maybe some goodwill from the lower division clubs, but nothing at all from the top flight.

The last two decades have seen a shift in Scotland to make Unionism and by default Rangers into a toxic social and political element.
It hasn't totally found favour nationally, and has probably had its high water mark if you consider the nation as a whole.

However, inside football itself, there is different and far more extreme demographic, driven by Roman Catholic political influence that finds favour with those louder nationalist types who frequent many of the smaller clubs.
To hate Rangers is almost the same as hating the English.
We are the default lightening rod that brings together both the '19th Century Terrorist' hatred of the British State and the 'small minded Jock' hatred of the English.
All in one handy sized football community and club package.

On the other hand, down here in England eyes have been opened by events in Scotland over the same period.
English people can now distinguish the sort of Scot that votes SNP from those of us who don't harbour insane grudges borne of our own failures now also nurtured by Irish Republican historical hatreds.

Inside English football Rangers are recognised as a British club supported by citizens who share the same values as other British people, and the club are seen as welcome by ordinary English working people, who have woken up to the poisonous reality of Terrorist FC.

Outside of those second generation Irish RC types of left wing journalists (and there are plenty of them in England as well), most English people aware of football culture will no longer put up with terrorist associations nor forgive any so called 'craic' surrounding them.
The world has become too dangerous to give any ground on this subject, and there is no culture south of the border amongst working people to make allowances in this area.
The Filth have been found out and are no longer welcome.

The next decade will be interesting.
Rangers may have lost some footing in Scotland, but in the wider scheme of the UK we are in a better position, and if there are openings down south, I suspect it is us and not the Filth who will get the real sincere and welcoming invitations.

Excellent post Bilkobear.
Great to hear that our reputation in England is growing exponentially in contrast with the demise of that of The Dhims!

I live in Edinburgh and would suggest Hibs/Hearts supporters hate us nowadays more than they hate each other. Some really bitter individuals these days.

Absolutely none, & to be perfectly honest I'm glad, I personally think we thrive on being hated by others in Scotland.

I would say there might be more than we see on the surface

Remember that Scottish clubs have been intimidated and bullied by Lawwell, Celtic and his media puppets for some time. After a while that level of whitewashing and bullshitting starts to tell on the third parties - they must be royally fucked off at being used as Liewell's wank sock

I would say there might be more than we see on the surface

Remember that Scottish clubs have been intimidated and bullied by Lawwell, Celtic and his media puppets for some time. After a while that level of whitewashing and bullshitting starts to tell on the third parties - they must be royally fucked off at being used as Liewell's wank sock

I think, but maybe it's just hope, that this is the case. When the balance of power eventually moves away from the bheasts we may find a friend or two do actually exist. Having said that though, is it worth having such friends who don't stick up for you when you're attacked by all and sundry?

This is my opinion for what it's worth :
The negativity directed towards us by the media, has had/ is having a huge impact on how we are viewed. People believe what they read and what they hear
How often do we hear positive stuff about us compared to other clubs? It has been going on for so long now that any positive news is now ridiculed

Just said on another thread, and it's pretty relevant here too.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've been building bridges in the background for the last few months and this public embarrassment that Liewell is getting spanked with is our way of letting the fat Japanese know :D:D

Absolutely none. I work with fans of Dundee, Hibs, Hearts and Albion Rivers (yes really!) and they all hate us

None. And this is what i find genuinely sad. Football is a working man's game. A club was taken to the brink by rich criminals and hard working, honest people paid a heavy price. Yet hatred of us saw opposing fans rejoicing. We, as fans, ensured we paid our dues to Dunfermline as administration kicked in (the club owed money froma cup game), yet nobody even mentioned the honour of fans sticking together. Even more surprising was the failure to comprehend what Rangers give to the rest. Celtic playing in front of empty stadiums, downsizing and failing in Europe, a 1 horse race for a league and revenues at an all time low. And let's not go there with the national team. What i realised, but struggle to comprehend, is that a large majority of Scottish supporters simply hate Rangers so much, they are blinded to the disaster of us not being there.

I think a lot of the provincial clubs in the lower leagues are warm towards us.

The rest of Scottish football despises us, but it comes with the territory of being a country's most successful club.

None in the top flight but I reckon there is plenty in the lower leagues.
I think we did ourselves proud while coming up through the leagues and I don't reckon many of the smaller teams in Scotland have much ill will towards us

Back