How much has your life changed since the 2008 final?

Moved house 6 times including three country changes, retired from military and worked in civilian industry. Children moved out the house so it’s now tidy in first time in 20 years. Now retired abroad and looking forward to seeing us winning on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Massively was at the game. Since then after almost 40 years my wife left me - still have no explanation. My daughter graduated university and is a lawyer she was at school then. My mother is in care is a massive blue nose but now wouldn’t know what’s been done. I was working now retired. I never thought I’d see us in a final again given the cash in football. Never would have believed my wife would have done this to me either. Just goes to show that your best not to know what’s lying ahead of you.
Please Rangers just win this.

2008 had a flat with the Mrs and we were still going to the Arches TITP Ibiza and partying too much.

2022 Got a house 2 kids and another on the way.

Same job tho

14 years since our last European final. In that time I’ve married, had two kids, changed job twice, done a fair bit of travelling, moved house, and turned 40. Feel like a different person from the relative youngster who watched the Zenit game. Can’t wait to watch this one with my daughters - who were only a twinkle in my eye in 2008! How has your life changed since then?
Married , moved away to a wee country village , but despite sincere attempts to make me into a mature adult , at 47 I’ve resisted and stayed the same . In 2008 was in Piccadilly sq as never got a ticket for the final . I’m absolutely buzzing that I’m going to Seville and I’m one of the chosen few who have tickets for the game . Biggest game ever in my life . Please Please please
Do it Rangers WATP

Got divorced, Won a custody battle, Moved house 4 times and now life is finally sweet. Enjoying the quiet life until Wednesday and I'll be making tremors when Rangers win. 8.9 on the Richter scale.

Went to Manchester with my dad and brother.

Since then, my dad is in residential care now and my brother has passed away from cancer.

Had 3 new jobs and a new house.

Whatever happens on Wednesday, i'll be in tears that my dad and brother aren't with me but happy we had 2008 together.

Got divorced, moved house three times, sadly lost my old man to cancer, know he will be looking down on Wednesday. Got married again, changed jobs three times and like others waving goodbye to my hair. Important thing that has not changed, my love for the famous, stronger than ever.

Got engaged split still doing same trade but big I have a 5 year old boy who loves coming to see the Rangers with me we’re in albufeira and we leave for huelva en route to Seville tomorrow we’re on our way

From being 22, young, free and single and thinking I was unstoppable to being 36 married, 2 kids and hangovers last about 4 days.
The only constant in my life is Rangers, although the nerves seem to get worse as I get older.

Was 17 at the time, still in school and had an exam the next day. Lived where my username suggests.

Now 31, married, in our second house which is our forever home. Live down by the sea in Ayrshire. Have a good job and have a 9 month old.

My old man whom I went to the games with has died
I have a new job which is great
My wife has a new job she loves
Our son got a job he loves
Our son got married
He left his so called wife and is rebuilding
I take me wifes uncle to the games, which is great

Married the girl I'd been with for a few months at the time, bought our first house and have 2 kids now.

Just started my 6th job since, earning over 3x what I was back then.

Hair is long gone but pleased to say I'm still the same waist size. For now...

A lot.

Was working abroad, came back to UK in 2012 still with same company.
Ran the 6 world marathon majors.
Got married that year, now 6 years divorced
Moved to Leeds for 3 years, now Lisa Riley rents my gaff.
New partner 15 years younger after I caught the cheating ex out, complete upgrade, 2 beautiful kids with her.
Getting married again in December.

I blame the cu.nt ex for 2008 :)

I was lucky enough to get a ticket for Manchester, not so much this time. I was 26 at the time, turned 40 last year, so a lot has changed. Still have the same career but changed jobs twice, met a girl and got married, moved to Edinburgh, so can still make the games, have 2 children 7 and 4. Love my family, Rangers and seat at Ibrox! Just win this Rangers!

Was 17 in 2008. Since then I have left the job I was in at the time, moved to London, moved back from London. Been in 3 different relationships. Had 2 kids. Moved house 3 times. Moved job 3 times and got a dog.

Just a bit.

Was 20 when we went to manchester young and daft.Never missed a euro away back then.

Now 34 gf pregnany with first child.So decided against going gutted is an under statement had a ticket aswell but weighed up the options and broke my heart handing over ticket to my mate

Turned 40 just after Manchester, now looking down the barrel of 54. Had a career change in '08 which has worked out pretty well for me. Same missus, same house but only one kid still at home and probably not for much longer. Lost my stepdad, who I was close to, but gained two wee granddaughters, who I adore. Still have my season ticket and still devote a lot of my time, energy and emotion to Rangers. What else am I going to do? Oh, and I still have a fine head of hair, albeit it's now grey rather than black.

Was 14 in 2008

Now, bought a house with the girlfriend and have two kids.

Still as daft

Lost both my grandpa’s who I know will be having a wee dram up there on Wednesday night if we win.

Just do it Rangers.

Same partner. Same job. Same hoose. Still love the Rangers. Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. (I'm 56!). Still have hair, unlike my mates. Still playing football at a more sedate pace.

Last edited:
I was 24.

The missus (finally getting married this September) was 5 months pregnant in 2008.
Bought a house.
Had two kids.
Lost my mum to cancer.
Dad diagnosed with dementia in November of last year.
Two jobs since then.
Watched Rangers at our lowest.

We've all had our ups and downs, lets hope Wednesday is the biggest (or one of the) biggest highs we will experience in our lives.

Come on Rangers.

Bought a hoose, Same job, same mrs although now she’s the trouble n strife.two little shits o kids, bit more bellyband a lot less hair B-D stil wear my 2008 cup final t shirtfor working on the roads.

Graduated from university - in fact, that year was my first year and most of my loan went on following us home and away. :))

ST in the Club Deck then, Copland front now.

In a different job.

Got married.

Moved house three times.

Was just finishing uni in Dundee during 2008 and was looking for my first real time proper job

Lost my grandad who was my absolute hero

Now currently living and working In Slovakia. Partner and I are expecting our first child next month

Hopefully seeing Rangers win on Wednesday will top it all off (well until my son is bornB-D)

My only boy (and first born) arrived that summer.

Best thing ever.

He will be cheering Rangers on from the comfort of our living room with me on wednesday.

I pray he gets to see us win it.

He started following us in the lower leagues when the thought of even playing in europe again seemed so far away.

Was in my early 20s in manchester and went down to manchester with my ex gf. Since then i obviously split up with said ex and since then got married to someone else, 2 kids and moved house 3 times.

Returned to work a couple of years after Manchester having taken early “retirement” several years earlier. Spent a lot of time working in England and the US before retiring for the second time. I lost my youngest sister during the first lockdown, I had Covid and now have had four vaccinations and am still living in Glasgow.

What remains unchanged in is my support for Rangers. The loyalty of the Rangers fans through the years since 2012 is quite inspiring and this European final no more than we deserve given the concerted efforts to wipe the Rangers off the face of the earth.

Cmon the Gers, win it for us.

Same Job
2 Daughters
Moved House to my forever home (I think lol)
Old man with me in 2008 but hes knocking 80 now so not going this time but he has seen every of our finals.

Third year of high school then.

Now 11 years out of school and in the same profession I trained in when I left.

Own my home.
Married.
Kid.

One constant, still in love with the red, blue and white.

Went to Manchester on the Inverness True Blues convoy and ended up watching the game in a ladbrokes.I was 18 and still living at home, since then I've moved to a new city, changed jobs 5 times, learned to drive, bought a house and got married. Never thought I'd see us in a final again.

Since 2008 took early retirement then basically started another career. Both sons in long term relationships, now have 5 grand daughters. Took up golf for my sins.

Main difference since then is my memory. As I can keep saying at one time I could almost name the team from all the games I'd been at plus the crowd. Now I can't remember what I had for breakfast!!!!

Got married. Two wains. 4 Job changes. 6 flits. Lost my mum who would have enjoyed the spectacle of the final.

Went to Manchester with my best mate. We've both got young kids so be had decided early on we weren't doing Seville. He's coming up to mine with his dad, who's goods pals with my auld man. Four of us and my two boys. The wife couldn't care less, the Philistine.

14 years since our last European final. In that time I’ve married, had two kids, changed job twice, done a fair bit of travelling, moved house, and turned 40. Feel like a different person from the relative youngster who watched the Zenit game. Can’t wait to watch this one with my daughters - who were only a twinkle in my eye in 2008! How has your life changed since then?
1 child
new job
same passion

Went to Manchester with my 2 older brothers and nephew, Lost my oldest brother a few months later age 44, Manchester was our last Rangers trip so this is going to be very emotional on Wednesday.
my old man passed away in 2020.
up side is my boy was born in 2013 and is Rangers daft, I'll watch with him ,the daughter and the mrs and raise a glass to the team and the ones that are missed.
Cannot wait!

WATP

Just had our first daughter 4 weeks before Manchester. Changed jobs a few times before going self-employed. Had another 3 kids, moved house.

Got my season ticket back. Still watching games with my 2 best mates.

Gutted that I've not been able to watch any of our Euro finals with my old man & sisters who are abroad.

Got divorced, wrapped the drink and sweeties, lost 4 stone, remarried, changed careers.

Ended up well but had its moments along the way!

Back