How much have you changed since we last won the title?

Put on weight, lost hair. No longer with my then gf who became my wife. Divorced. Moved house. Been with current partner for nearly 6 years and we have a 5 year old son and a daughter who will be two in April.

I was absolutely gassed when we won the league at Rugby Park. Oceans 11 after the game was like an Orange Lodge.

SDF Jr was 4 and in nursery.

SDF Jr is going to be 14 in April and in 2nd year of secondary school.

Used to go to matches with my dad and leave the baba at home.
Now, my dad is gone and my boy has the ST.

So, in that regard it’s the same with me +1 bouncing off the walls waiting for big shiny things to get waved at us.

A little less weight, a lot less hair, divorced, great daughter who loves the Rangers, grumpier and hate those bastards more and more each day

Insulin diabetic which is ruining me and tadger disappeared completely due to above.
Two wonderful grandkids the little girl of 3 said to me shut your eyes grandad I've got a surprise for you.
Bogey in the mouth I fell for it and my wife split her sides.

My hair has receded quite considerably. I’m lucky I don’t have grey in my head but I don’t grow a beard because that would be nearly white. Also, I got divorced from my ex wife and remarried the love of my life. And I’m much happier in life in general than I was 9 years ago.

Got married, bought a house, 2 kids and a lot of weight on!

I was at Rugby Park that day and I’m gutted I won’t be able to be in the stadium to see us win 55!

Then - 31 married, no kids, living in a bought one bedroom house, working a rubbish office job, was considering a return to wrestling due to Gradomania and the ICW boom.

now - 41 still married, still no kids, living in a bigger house near where I lived before, same weight, gave up the wrestling idea and rejoined my teenage band and released an EP. Same job.

Biggest changes on a personal level are I've lost my dad and a few good friends over the last few years, these absent bears will be foremost in my thoughts when the title is won.
My love for Rangers is as strong as ever, I will especially love seeing my daughter and all the younger bears celebrate after their loyalty and commitment during some dark times.

Moved to Edinburgh, bought a flat in the west end so moved back to Glasgow. Moved job, met my missus, had two kids, bought a house for family to grow up in. It’s ridiculous how long it’s been, the only difference should be we’re a year older in between our league wins.

Was thinking about this the other day, since we last won the league my uncle who took my brother and I to the games when my dad was working has past away, he saw us get demoted but past during that season I then started taking his daughter to the games with us, she’s a staunch and as loyal as her dad was. Goes to all the games she can, more then I do now (I refuse to go to away games) but has never seen us win a trophy of note since going to the games. I’ll be more pleased for her than I will be for myself when we do 55, and I know her da will be watching.

I know it’s hard to be humble but I can’t wait to look in the mirror cos I get better looking every day, at least that’s what my guide dog tells me !

Went through my my full teenage years and now 23. Fatter, balder and more of a prick.
Seen some amount of shit in that time but wouldn’t change it for the world.. we are the people!

Last edited:
Moved to Edinburgh, bought a flat in the west end so moved back to Glasgow. Moved job, met my missus, had two kids, bought a house for family to grow up in. It’s ridiculous how long it’s been, the only difference should be we’re a year older in between our league wins.

Was thinking about this the other day, since we last won the league my uncle who took my brother and I to the games when my dad was working has past away, he saw us get demoted but past during that season I then started taking his daughter to the games with us, she’s a staunch and as loyal as her dad was. Goes to all the games she can, more then I do now (I refuse to go to away games) but has never seen us win a trophy of note since going to the games. I’ll be more pleased for her than I will be for myself when we do 55, and I know her da will be watching.
I think my daughter is likely to go full blown tonto when we win it, she is hyper already. Good times!

I was 21 when we last won the premier league title, I’ve gained weight obviously, I’ve got married, Adopted a little girl who is now 4 and is Rangers mad, Our next league title win will be the most special for me because of what we’ve had to endure as a club and fans, It will be emotional for sure but just so special and my Daughters first time she has seen us win a trophy, and for her to see her favourite players Tav and McGregor lift the trophy will make her happy as well.

I was 21 when we last won the premier league title, I’ve gained weight obviously, I’ve got married, Adopted a little girl who is now 4 and is Rangers mad, Our next league title win will be the most special for me because of what we’ve had to endure as a club and fans, It will be emotional for sure but just so special and my Daughters first time she has seen us win a trophy, and for her to see her favourite players Tav and McGregor lift the trophy will make her happy as well.
Superb!

Back