How much have you changed since we last won the title?

Wow - this makes you think. Happy Sunday everyone:

1. Lost my Dad.
2. Had a Son and another Daughter.
3. Moved job x 4, country x 2 and house x 5.
4. Gained about 2 stone and now have as much grey hair as brown.

It’s been a journey and I can’t wait for #55.

2011 a had 10+8 year old in house. A was in Royal Bar Airdrie rather drunk. 10 years later a will have a good celebration with my boys who will celebrate there 1st win with booze. A pity Royal bar now closed

1. Lost both parents
2. Youngest son who was born here and had no interest in football is now a passionate Rangers supporter and about to leave school,
3. I would say I am more bitter towards the football authorities however seem to have mellowed on the religious side of things.
4. Interest in wider football has gone however passion for Rangers grown.

Moved abroad and back again probably fitter than I was, cannot drink anywhere near as much which is probably not a bad thing. My 21 year old is now a Rangers fan so atleast I will have someone to celebrate with this time.

Graduated, moved to Glasgow, retrained, graduated, got engaged, moved back to Edinburgh, got married, bought house, 3 different jobs, had a kid, had another kid.

Miserable decade lol

I was 13 the last one, so still in school and enjoyed it, 10 years on decent job decent car and both will be put to the back for the first week off 55 and ill enjoy this one 10 times as much as the last

My wife said to me yesterday she has the old me back.

I thought she meant after my illness last year.

She said since 2012 I had changed as I very rarely laughed and it was unusual to see me genuinely smile.

I asked if she meant I was depressed.

She said no just that I was sad and then the snp and the constant grievance from them never helped.

I told her I might have a heart attack and die if we win the league and sturgeon resigns humiliated and the snp lose the election.

Her response is why I love her.

That’s okay you will die happy and I can live with that.

10 years older.
Two grandchildren, more tolerant,drink less, sleep less, now type 2 diabetic.
Still love the Rangers.

2011 - Worked in a bookies
2021 - Assistant Headteacher

2011 - 3 years into a 5 year toxic relationship
2021 - In my 3rd year of marriage with 2 step children

2011 - Living in a council flat in Byker with a mate
2021 - A homeowner of a house we've totally renovated. A ballache but worth it.

2011 - 13 stone, went to the gym, quite fit
2021 - Working back from 16.5 stone, currently at 15.

So much of my life has improved for the better. I've a lot to be fortunate about. The biggest downside of my life in this decade has been Rangers. Thankfully, that's about to the rectified.

Moved from Glasgow to Englandshire, been in and out of relationships, changed job 3 times, my love of Rangers has never wavered or diminished.....my hatred of all things them is magnified and multiplied a thousand fold.

Had a life threatening illness since then.
I’m lighter (lost 3 stone)
I’m fitter and younger looking (so I’ve just told) than I was when we last won the league.
I’ve more children and less money.
I’ve moved house
Moved job to another department (better)
Lost some friends since then.

Not changed much although I’d like us to have 55 confirmed before my 30th so I’ve at least see two league title in my 20s

I was working in Saudi Arabia when we won the league at Rugby Park. I’m about half a stone heavier, much greyer, and I don’t play 5 a sides any more, which I really miss. I’ve now been back home in Glasgow for nearly 3 years, and I’m more excited for this title than just about anything in my whole life. And I include my wedding day and birth of my children in that statement.

Lost my dad who was my football companion, lost my mother in Law, my boys got married, I’ve changed my job after 13 years, my wife has changed hers after 20 years, the only constant is the Rangers 55 will be emotional

I had just finished uni and started working for a textile manufacturer. I never expected to get a job that quickly (was working part time in a call centre), so I rocked up with peroxide white hair and a shaved eye brow donning a suit n tie B-)

9 year on I've worked in a few different companies, lived in France for 2 year, the hairs going white but not with peroxide.... It's a nice feeling working somewhere that I can finally ruin timmys day with a simple "you think its cold ootside, fuckin -23" B-D

Stil avoided wife n waines and plenty mistakes made along the way.

Retired,Put on a chunk of weight,Hair very nearly all grey and cant go to far away from a toilet because I pish all the time,Old age doesn’t come without its problems,

One thing that hasn’t changed is the fact I still hate the poets that much it hurts.

Retired.
Wife had a health issue.
Under normal circumstances now split my time between Glasgow and Galloway.
Since 2012 only go to games at Ibrox, after the way we were treated by other clubs and authorities.

Worked for 2 more companies in that time and moved where I live and hate that mob more than i ever had.

Discovered a taste for craft beer and a love for Arisaig and Skye.

Bought a bike to get a bit more exercise in.

Last edited:
I've left school, gone to college, gone to university, worked for 4 different organisations, I have a career, learned how to drive and unlike the last time we won the league it is now legal for me to have alcohol.

Was at rugby park as daft 23 year old,got rid of old gf physco,met new gf bought house,bought a dog,10000% happier than i was,witnessed my ex highland home town team win at Ibrox in person,grown up quite a lot but back then just took success for granted the last year 9 years football has genuinely taught me a lot not just about football but life also

55 will be our best title yet and i cant wait

Older, slower, stiffer. Given up on career progression and heading towards retirement. Strangely more emotional these days so expect tears over football for the first time when we clinch 55.

I didn’t think it was possible back then, but I hate them more now.

After 2012 and all their shenanigans since, the SPFL vote last year being just one example I despise them.

The joy of 55 will be supplemented by how much pain it will cause them.

Lost more hair, put on a couple of stone.
Both my parents and one of our cats died.
Changed jobs five times (contracts).

Most positive thing is I’m now a proud father of a boy who is at last starting to understand the Rangers genes.

Older, fatter, less fit, wee bit greyer - the usual stuff. Biggest change is my appreciation of how much Rangers means to me. Not that I ever took being a Bear for granted but events of the last 9 years means I will never get complacent again.

I also distrust Tims more than ever.

Since we last won the league
Things that have changed:
I’ve been in 3 relationships (one I’m still in)
Moved to London
Moved back
Had 2 kids
3 different jobs
Put on 4 stone
Recovered from alcoholism and addiction
Moved house 5 times

Things that have stayed the same:
My love for the famous.

A few stone.
Belter of a topic, where to start...
- A few stone more...
- Less hair for sure....
- Rangers TV / IT issues now hold no fear for this man. Woohoo !!
- No way the office trousers are ever going to fit. Bummer, £££...
- Could have filled a skip in beer cans easy, if I didn't crush them.
- Can attend Teams / Zoom calls with confidence, while sitting practically naked from the waist down - takes courage this one, folk have been known to play a dangerous game of "who's wearing trousers" on a random basis, which as you know requires all in the call to stand up immediately - IT Bandwidth issues save the day on this if so, camera goes right off !
- Can make a bacon sandwich and clean all the dishes in 15 minutes, essential for while in shite meetings this - and saves the wrath of receiving 4'11" of sheer terror at the office door bearing the greasy carnage !
- Hangovers are a thing of the past - life's one giant hangover these days !!
- If all goes to plan, Season Tickets will be like hens teeth / hobby horses shite next year, so deffo keeping a hold of mine for sure.

Got a son, 2 stone heavier. Far more relaxed about football tbh, as much as I still love rangers and want this title, I know there are more important things. 10 years ago and for 15 years before that, it was all that mattered.

Not a single dad anymore to our two boys, back with the wife, another son and a daughter added to the family. Not on bail conditions as I was the last title. Into coaching at grassroots level absolutely love that.Still totally insufferable to all and sundry around me apart from my 14yo Son and wee daughter who got the Rangers bug at an early age and understands why their aul' Da walks around the house muttering "surely, SURELY it's won, please this time"
Really going to live this one up big style B-)

Back