How much have you changed since we last won the title?

25 and unemployed after quitting a job that made me want to top myself. I was with my now wife at the time though. We’re now married with a kid both with god jobs a dog and a mortgage.

Life is good.

It’s crazy how much life can change in 10 years, and going by the posts everyone has had the usual ups and downs. Poor health, having children, losing parents and loved ones, moving jobs, houses and even countries. And generally, more responsibilities. You don’t really notice things changing until you look back at where you were, and you realise so much has changed, and how complicated life can some times be now, if you let it.

Personally, I learned not to give a monkeys about what other people think, or what modern society deems to be goals in life, and that meant working for myself and working to live, as opposed to the other way about. Plus, learning that as long as your family, kids and friends are happy and healthy, then you are doing just fine. That, and the Gers being back on top, obviously.

As Ferris Bueller once said:-

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it”

Hi Grigo. So true, the young bears have stayed loyal without ever witnessing success. They've put up with all sorts of shit from the mhanks and their fair weather, glory hunter fans.
It will be great to see they joy they take in celebrating.

Absolutely PH.

I know a young guy who’s 20, a son of a mate, and he could afford to start going when we dropped down & STs were a really good deal.

He now goes with his mates, and has turned into a true bear.

I’ll be thinking of him & kids like him on the day 55 is secured.

When we last won the league at killie I celebrated like I’ve done with every league since 1986 with my old man. He had a major heart attack in 2018 and I’m just glad he’s still with me and even more grateful that he’s still with me to see our return to the top. I’m lucky my old man can die a happy man knowing we made it back, unfortunately lots of other bears have passed before we achieved it.

Last time we won't the title I lived in Toronto, as a record label PR promo guy, having the time of my life in so many ways. Now I'm a carer for my son, still do music activities and became bit of writer through age. Still look young AF though, though I have no clue why as I've battered the old recreational's since 96 lmao.

In all serious we've all changed, but our love for our club only grew stronger. And we got to see what its like when so many clubs, institutions are against you ... so much for a club and fanbase who have always had better privileges. Aye right.

I am bitter AF at those ten years of back stabbing, which only makes this 55 coming oh sooooooooo much f**king sweeter.

This will be favourite title win OF ALL TIME!! x

WATP (and we deserve to be the people)

Gone from being single, living at home with parents to being married, owning a house and having two kids. Big old skool session when we hit 55 tho, covid or not!
Almost identical to me, had only met my wife a few months before the last title

Living with my parents & sharing a room with my brother still while I was 25 and he was 22

Now married and 2 kids later, own house etc. an unbelievable difference

We won the league on May 15th, ten days later my first daughter was born. I was 24 and still stayed with my parents. I blame her for everything that's happened in between. :D

Lost a few stone, put a few back on. Moved house a few times, moved job and had another child in 2018.

Literally a different life ago since we won a league title, but I'll sure be partying like I'm 24 if we go on to win it this season.....until the enemy calls time on it!

Was about to turn 30, working my nuts off, no driving licence, getting rattled and hammered as much as possible and up to my eye balls in debt. Was three years since I was a founding member of our RSC.

Now about turn 40, married, two disabled kids, second mortgage, second car, no debt, still working my nuts off but in an actual career. Been a few years since I’ve been to the RSC.

Probably more “bigoted” than ever too. Longer list of enemies, never been more focused or proud as a bear because of what’s gone on.

Became Type 1 Diabetic which has had a massive effect on my daily live for 3 years now.

When the final whistle blows to confirm 55 I will be in tears an tears.
Got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in November 97, by May 98 we had lost 10IAR.

I blame not winning 10IAR on becoming diabetic.....even tho that makes no sense! Just a pish year.

Hopefully you will allow yourself a few alcoholic beverages, I know I will!

Was about to turn 30, working my nuts off, no driving licence, getting rattled and hammered as much as possible and up to my eye balls in debt. Was three years since I was a founding member of our RSC.

Now about turn 40, married, two disabled kids, second mortgage, second car, no debt, still working my nuts off but in an actual career. Been a few years since I’ve been to the RSC.

Probably more “bigoted” than ever too. Longer list of enemies, never been more focused or proud as a bear because of what’s gone on.
Hat off to you mate keep on smiling

I can remember thinking at the time how much would change by the time we got back to the top.

The worst part for me is for the bears no longer with us who had to endure the journey but didnt make it to the end.

Lease The Louden in Copland Road 2011
Four months later watched my Club go into Admin
( Business plan needed look at again )
2013 help form Rangers First
2016 Purchase The Louden in Copland Road
2020 After eight years of stress nearly upgraded The Louden
2020 Covid destroys every bit of planning we had
2021 hopefully will be trading normally for August
2021 Celebrating 55
It's been an eventful journey but wouldn't have missed it for the world
You appreciate the good times more when you have experienced tougher times

Lease The Louden in Copland Road 2011
Four months later watched my Club go into Admin
( Business plan needed look at again )
2013 help form Rangers First
2016 Purchase The Louden in Copland Road
2020 After eight years of stress nearly upgraded The Louden
2020 Covid destroys every bit of planning we had
2021 hopefully will be trading normally for August
2021 Celebrating 55
It's been an eventful journey but wouldn't have missed it for the world

In my personal life,
My Mother passed away
My Daughter and son moved out.
My Daughter got married we have two beautiful Grandkids
Both my kids moved house
My Daughter and Son both got new jobs
I met every Rangers hero I had as a kid / young man
My Brother got a Liver Transplant and also had a Heart attack, but happy to say he is fit and well now.
Oh and I had Covid
Never a dull moment

Last edited:
I have two new knees, and my gut's got bigger. So i'd say my chances of pulling on the royal blue jersey have got a wee bit slimmer.

I'm still willing to give it a shot though Stevie!

3 and half stone heavier (this IS good news - for me anyway), less hair up top - what is left is grey, I have become a doting Grandpa to the most gorgeous wee girl last year, living with a 5 year old cancer diagnosis (weight gain CAN be good! ;)) Lost my mother, father & older brother - the latter 2 would be loving this year too! & lastly, I've become more & more bitter, which I personally don't view as a positive, but in reaction to all that's happened I think it's understandable!

Last edited:
Was wee arse mow big one still remember standing in pish flowing from terracing at easter road

- Moved jobs 3 times.
- Got my driving license.
- Married.
- Had a kid.
- Own another business.
- Currently looking to expand and have another business money dependant.
- I'm 6 stone lighter and alot fitter.
- football aside it's been a kind 10 years for me, side form losing a close mate.

Just wanna say (not been active that much as I'm waiting on a new phone, and by f**k am I jumping on the laptop every few hours) ...

I hope everyone of you lads and ladettes are taking ALL THIS IN!!

10 years, 10 f**king years. Money over the turnstiles, merch, blind belief that simply our name and crest would empower lesser players to achieve our dreams , back and forth.

THIS IS OUR TIME. From now until the seasons called NEVER FORGET A MOMENT OF IT.

I won't xx

I've changed in as much as I will never take a league title or Cup success for granted ever again.

Apart from that I'm still a cracking ride.

I've changed in as much as I will never take a league title or Cup success for granted ever again.

Apart from that I'm still a cracking ride.
I completely agree in terms of taking winning stuff for granted again. Savour every moment because you never know what’s going to happen.

and same in respect to bold bit :cool:

I've got a new job, I've been married. Had a son.

Unfortunately lost the man who made me a bear, my dad.

55 will be raw emotion. No other way around it

I'm still a handsome basturd, 60 in March , 3 new grandkids to go with the other 3 , a full head of hair (caught my reflection on the kitchen window this morning and I look like Robert Smith from the cure ...without the smeared lipstick). Joined FF earlier in the year and it's made covid bearable at times lol .
Still as passionate in my love for Rangers though only get to 3 or 4 games a season , at times like this as we head towards 55 life doesn't get much better than knowing Rangers are back . :)

I'm now married, have 2 kids and moved house and also badly thining in the hair on my head department lol .

Back