How much have you changed since we last won the title?

Then;

Sat in SW2 at Ibrox.
Started a new job in the March.
Started going out with a new girlfriend in the April.
Still living at home.
Used to play a lot of sport.
Used to drive.

Now;

ST now in CF5 after missing the 2014/15 season and getting my ticket back once the spivs had gone.
Still with the same company at a different site and was inline for a management role before all this shit went down.
Now married to aforementioned girlfriend and about to buy a house after renting fir years.
Don't get to play as much sport - access and getting players together is a nightmare now. Couple of bad injuries didn't help either I guess.
Diagnosed with epilepsy - so no longer drive.

Been a bit of a mixed bag

Then - my son was 6 and didn’t understand why I was bouncing round the house celebrating after just 7 minutes of a football game. Now he’s 16, season ticket holder in MFH, and will be celebrating just as much as me.

As per the OP

Hate them more, hate other teams more, hate the SFA/ SPFL more.
Love Rangers more.

Bought my son a ST when we were booted down the divisions, got very ill, still recovering, got fitter, more grey, older. Will cry at 55.

Had 2 serious illnesses
Three new grandchildren and two new great grandkids.
Hardly drink at all now but that will change for the celebrations.
Still a grumpy auld bastard.
All in all, it's not been that bad.

If I can answer the question in terms of how I have changed according to winning the title again during 3 periods of what I would call Rangers Title Wilderness Years.

1964 - title not won again until 1975. Changed from a 7 year old Rangers supporting boy to a 18 year young working man. No repsonsibilies, learned to drink alcohol, chase skirt.
1978 - title not won again to 1987. Changed from 21 year old to 30 year old. Somewhere during these Wilderness Years I got married and had 3 children and middle age beckoned. Moved from Northern Ireland to Scotland so proud to now call myself 'The Ulscot'.
2011 - title will be won 2021 (not tempting fate of course) 52 year old to 63 year old. Finally got myself an education and a change of career. Still married 39 later years. Became a Granda.

All great title wins after the three Wilderness Years in their own way. However, in the words of a U2 song this next one will definitely be, 'The Sweetest Thing'. Still like my drink, so this 'old bassa' is going to do some celebrating.

I was always easy going and enjoyed banter with a couple of them. No longer friendly with them as their hatred shone through during our troubles. I now hate the filth more than ever and don’t have any friends from the dark side.

Less bothered with how other teams acted with a few notable exceptions such as Dundee Hibs. These teams would have suffered from the filth had they voted for us.

They tried to kill us but actually galvanised our support like nothing else could have.

Changed career
Moved house twice and now a homeowner
Got married
Became a dad
Fatter.

Overall, apart from the struggles watching Rangers, its been an ok decade :D

I am basically unrecognisable from 2011. I was living such an unhealthy existence back then.

I'm roughly 6 stone lighter now, and despite now being a fully paid up member of the Kojak loyal, I probably look younger now than I did 10 years ago.

My 20s have came and nearly gone. 30 this year. Moved away from Glasgow for a career for her majesty. Settled in England but by god I miss Glasgow with its hustle and bustle. But most importantly the trips to Ibrox with my step dad via my lodge for pre match pints. When things were normal still managed a game every other month but it’s just not the same. And the usual slightly fatter and less hair. When 55 comes I’ll make sure I’ll be hugging the man that gave me rangers and so much more.

Got a degree and a masters, moved to the continent for a lassie, became fluent in a second language to the point that I started having to consciously make efforts to recover English, moved back home with her then moved down South temporarily but got kind of stuck here because of covid.

It's been some journey Bears. 55 will be the greatest day ever

Positive!
Retired!
Born again Biker!
Changed Car!
Season Ticket Holder!

Negative
Lost two good mates!
Lost my best pal Cooper (Vizsla)
10 years older!

My life has been turned upside down and not for the better, but still loving Rangers as much as ever.

Moved to Slovakia
Got a new missus
Finally grew a creditable beard
Still quite fit and regular in gym but did my ACL in so no more football.
Achieved some professional qualifications for my job

all in all Im in a better place I think

2011...Living with my partner of 11 years with our son and 2 sons from my wife who had passed away. Started a new job.
2012...Split with partner. Met new partner.
2014...Partner moved in with her son and dog and we got engaged. Her son became a Rangers fan.
2016...Got married.
2017...Inherited 6 budgies.
2018...Both my sons left home.
2020...Diagnosed with a serious illness, had operation, now OK. Became a grandad. Stepson moved out.
So from a household of 5, a dog and 6 budgies it's now me, the mrs, a dog and 6 budgies.
The only constant in this period has been Rangers. I have followed them every season since we were kicked down the leagues and promised to keep the faith til we won 55. My hatred for anything in Scottish football has increased 100 fold. I have witnessed first hand what supporters of other clubs think of us and wish ill on every single one of them. I was never like that before 2012.

Use to get fucked on 4 pints when I was 18 last time we won one and now I drink to get sober after the bad times. Worrying lol

Physically havnt changed much. Still a slightly overweight baldy prick with a permanent scowl on my face which belies my pleasant demeanour!

Still live in the same house with same bird, just have 2 Rangers daft youngsters running about now arguing over who gets to be Morelos

Physically a bit fatter and less hair now. Then I was living in Scotland married with 2 kids. Now I've got 4 kids who live in NI with my ex wife while I live in England. Still doing the same job, albeit at a higher rank.

Need glasses and have a 4 yr old who I took to stevie g first competitive game life's good but hopefully away to get whole lot better

As above?
Kids have had season books for 12 years and 10 years so they are 16 and 13 me 37 years season book holder just about to turn 50 this feels like souness in 80 for me bit older more heavy more health issues but my antisipation for 55 feels like a teenager who knows i am seeing a wee bird at the weekend and know i am getting a smelly finger and maybe more counting down the seconds but scared it won't happen so on a knife edge constantly

Not much has changed really.
Moved home.
Started working for myself.
Still married.
No kids sadly.
Learned to play the guitar.
Bought 100 stickers from UB.
Sticking them up everywhere during lockdown exercise.

Grumpy its been hard going and difficult since we won league and more of a bigot and dislike more of club s especially premier team s

I was in Uni when we last one. I since went from being a lecturer to a teacher thanks to our wonderful economy. I am still very much the same. I started dating my current gf the summer of 2011.

Genuinely think I’ll have tears when/if this title comes. It’s been a long decade
Lost my stepdad (born in '55 and a huge Bluenose) recently. It is going to be hard on a lot of us for loads of reasons, but what a party it will be!

I was lucky enough to be at Rugby Park that day. The most amazing game of football I have been too. If you told me leaving that day it would be our last major trophy in 10 years I would've thought you needed sectioned. I was just about to turn 22, since then I have

Completed a college course
Learned how to drive ( debatable)
started my career
Moved out got my own home
Met my current parter
Became a dad in August this year. I'm crediting my daughter as a good luck charm.

Can't wait for 55 we all deserve it so much.

Retired from a stressful job.

Finding Life at home with wife equally stressful ;)

Doctor has told me my blood pressure is through the roof. Rangers over last few years haven’t helped much.

Hoping the ticking time bomb is delayed until after 55!
I can relate to both mate! However I’ve lost 2 stone and became a gym regular now cycling as gym shut pretty bracing cycling at the moment (when I can). Daughter left school and university and is now working and away from home.

So not much really! ;)

Back