How much rent do food vans pay

Agree with @Mr Goodbear on the need to do more on matchday experience and the potential for the club to benefit from it. Part of a longer term issue though.

agree too. We are sadly missing out on something here. That whole area and even the are where the fan zone is the now...building that consists of a pub, cafe, Open room with tv’s showing Rangers videos, museum etc etc and give the fans a better experience. It would pay for itself in no time

I’m sure I read on here that it’s dangerous to go onto another vans “territory”. One guy supposedly set up his van at Birkenshaw industrial estate and got a shotgun cartridge posted through his letterbox a week later or something.
What these pikies like

I’m sure I read on here that it’s dangerous to go onto another vans “territory”. One guy supposedly set up his van at Birkenshaw industrial estate and got a shotgun cartridge posted through his letterbox a week later or something.
There used to be an ice-cream van war in Glasgow and it was nothing for drivers to get beat-up or worse.

Wouldnt buy from a van. Hygeine regs say if you have a shop selling food you need to have a toilet and a minimum of three sinks (2 with running water). What do vans have?
I once saw at Ibrox a van owner nip round the back for a pish then get back in the van and start serving punters.
That's what my ma used to say that she would never buy from a van as she said they are there most of the day and where do they go for a slash and wash hands and there's ones at the side having a smoke and then come straight in and start serving without washing there hands

That's what my ma used to say that she would never buy from a van as she said they are there most of the day and where do they go for a slash and wash hands and there's ones at the side having a smoke and then come straight in and start serving without washing there hands

I have a catering horse box and for it to get licensed it needs to have hot running water and pass all the same hygiene regs as a cafe

In my experience the burger vans etc outside the ground are much better at the likes of Old Trafford, Wembley, Anfield et al. We have a bit to catch up.

Chips and curry sauce loyal.

PS The chips from the van last Wednesday were a definite improvement though.

If we changed Edmiston House into a museum/giftshop/cafe type building then there would be less need for these vans beside Ibrox and more capital earned from the catering. Open early for visitors off the plane coming to Ibrox. Cooked breakfasts or morning rolls, a place to be indoors if you have kids, grandkids or if its raining or cold. A couple of pound for a visit into the museum or free if you buy breakfast in the cafe beforehand.

These vans also must pay a flat rate I would think to pitch their vans.

this is a great idea but I can see the club handing the catering of something like this to the same company who have the contract for the in stadium catering. Which would mean more of the same crap at the same ridiculous prices.

Back