How much rent do food vans pay

Usually go the Chippy Van on Edminston Drive, been going to that guy for fish n chips wae curry sauce over it all since the late 80’s / early 90’s when he sat outside the Car Auctions at Graham Square

I don't know why the club don't just lease the kitchen spaces inside the stadium to these vendors per season, rather than one big contract for sub-standard grub. Everyone's a winner!

If we changed Edmiston House into a museum/giftshop/cafe type building then there would be less need for these vans beside Ibrox and more capital earned from the catering. Open early for visitors off the plane coming to Ibrox. Cooked breakfasts or morning rolls, a place to be indoors if you have kids, grandkids or if its raining or cold. A couple of pound for a visit into the museum or free if you buy breakfast in the cafe beforehand.

These vans also must pay a flat rate I would think to pitch their vans.
Id be there for six midweek for a decent bit of food & a coffee and likely 1ish on a Saturday.
Spend that money elsewhere having travelled 75 miles to attend.
Don't spend money in the ground in the terrible catering but would happily part with £15 per game.
Doubt I'm unique. Special but not unique :)

I don't know why the club don't just lease the kitchen spaces inside the stadium to these vendors per season, rather than one big contract for sub-standard grub. Everyone's a winner!
So many options should be available.
Some tables in the concourses to stand/sit & eat at. Staff to move on non consumers of bought stuff.

I’m sure I read on here that it’s dangerous to go onto another vans “territory”. One guy supposedly set up his van at Birkenshaw industrial estate and got a shotgun cartridge posted through his letterbox a week later or something.
Shellik behaviour

Weirdly speaking to a guy this morn when getting a roll. I asked him did he ever do Ibrox etc.. he said we charge £1500 per van & council are cheaper.

Is it just a case of all catering hired out to a third party or just the club don’t make much money from the catering?

contracts worth peanuts, you buying something has no impact on the club. contracts end this season though.

contracts worth peanuts, you buying something has no impact on the club. contracts end this season though.

That is very annoying!

Hopefully the club look to bring the catering back into their control. You would think there is lot of potential there to change the way these services are offered to the fans and make the club a decent amount of money.

Time will tell!

Thanks for sharing the information btw!

Can’t remember what the outlets are in other areas but in the enclosure they are small with no cooking facilities or room for them. They rely on preheated food being brought in. Not sure we would have the space for this.

If we changed Edmiston House into a museum/giftshop/cafe type building then there would be less need for these vans beside Ibrox and more capital earned from the catering. Open early for visitors off the plane coming to Ibrox. Cooked breakfasts or morning rolls, a place to be indoors if you have kids, grandkids or if its raining or cold. A couple of pound for a visit into the museum or free if you buy breakfast in the cafe beforehand.

These vans also must pay a flat rate I would think to pitch their vans.

Mmmm. I’ll have a roll with damp mold and a side of asbestos please.

Dont really get the point you are trying to make? Fans buy their tickets, merchandise, lotto, RTV etc. and give money to the club. Where should it end? Are people expected to presumably pay more for an inferior product just cos it's going to the club?
I never said the product was inferior or it cost more. My point was a question was it a flat rate or percentage.

Wouldnt buy from a van. Hygeine regs say if you have a shop selling food you need to have a toilet and a minimum of three sinks (2 with running water). What do vans have?
I once saw at Ibrox a van owner nip round the back for a pish then get back in the van and start serving punters.

Back