How much would you pay for Goss?

I said he had became the forgotten man at QPR, similar to Dalcio here. You disagree with that? He made 2 starts in a year at QPR, this season he only made the bench twice & wasn’t even in the squad the rest of the time. Thats their loss.

Doing that, then demanding a large fee for a boy you bought for the first team but punted in the U21s after a few appearances? Nah, not happening.

You say thats terrible business, like QPR are a fantatically well run club ffs. :D

Les Ferdidand’s comments are above in the thread. Just because he hasn’t broken into the first team yet doesn’t mean QPR will sell him on the cheap.

This is a guy Man Utd wanted to keep and who they offered a new deal too.

Some people are living in a little bubble if they think QPR will sell for similar to what they paid. He has more experience now and more match time.

QPR haven’t even said ‘we’ll sell at the right price’ - they’ve consistently said - he’s not for sale.

Doesn’t sound like a club ready to punt for 500k does it.

Has anybody seen him tackle?

For that reason nearer 1 million than some of the suggestions on here for me

We would rightly laugh in QPR's face if they demanded 3-4m for him. They bought the guy for 500K and he only played 4 games in a year for them, on what planet can they demand 8x the amount they paid for him when he's a reserve player for them?

It's like us punting Herrera out on loan to someone and demanding 8m if he does well.

I have a feeling we might get priced out of this one, if he keeps playing at this level a championship side will not think twice about throwing £7m or £8m at it because they know he will go for 2 or 3 times that next time he moves

Right now around a million. He can’t get a game at his parent club and he has only played about 10 games for us. The time to judge is after the half season

QPR stated he was not for sale. But every player has a price. They paid £500,000, so it would not be unreasonable to start the bidding at £1 .5m, maybe hoping to get him for about £2m -£2.5m.

I wonder what rhag will write that the Filth are interested in him in the lead up to next weeks game :eek:

I'm sure they were meant to be interested in Hyndman at one point last season!!

Right now I'd offer 1.5m with a sell on clause, if he continues this form to the end of the season I'd up it to 3-4m in the summer.

Failing that apply for another season on loan and try again in January when QPR are in dire straits due to lack of promotion.

I see how he does against the filth was found wanting against Hibs recently will judge him when he's had more games.
Takes a great free kick and has a good range of passing.

He looks to have adjusted to the Scottish game very,very quickly.Which,although our game is shite technically-has seen a lot of players found out before particularly at a club the size of ours with the pressures that involves.

I think if he continues in a similar vein to what we've seen already he'll be worth paying a fair whack for.

May have to forget him but what we do need to do in our situation is closely look at these young lads who don’t make it through into teams who are in the Chanpions league etc, QPR reportedly got him for half a mil, that’s where we missed the boat, we have to take a chance on this type of player going forward. Some will turn into gems like Goss, others like Rossiter will come with other issues but at these prices some will be worth the gamble.

Les Ferdidand’s comments are above in the thread. Just because he hasn’t broken into the first team yet doesn’t mean QPR will sell him on the cheap.

This is a guy Man Utd wanted to keep and who they offered a new deal too.

Some people are living in a little bubble if they think QPR will sell for similar to what they paid. He has more experience now and more match time.

QPR haven’t even said ‘we’ll sell at the right price’ - they’ve consistently said - he’s not for sale.

Doesn’t sound like a club ready to punt for 500k does it.
Agreed, people need to realise some are loaned to us to get them used to playing infront of huge crowds and to see how they cope with pressure.... Im afraid theQPR scout will be saying “Ian, I think he’s ready for next season”

The boy had played 6 first team games before joining us!

Many a seasoned pro has came to Rangers and struggled with the expectation. Hes taken it in his stride and looks like hes 6 years into playing for us. His mental strength combined with his ability shouldn't be underestimated.

I'd be happy if we secured him for £2 million in the summer if that's what it took. He'd only be worth 3 times that after a few years.
Given his age and first team experience in any other league he'd be 'worth' around 1m

However from an inflated market like England probably 3 times that. Then you'd need to factor in if anyone else was interested which would push the price up further.

Then would the player get comparable wages with us? Does anyone know what he'd be on p/w at QPR?

If we sell Morelos then we will have a decent transfer kitty when you take the new kit deal into account.

I’d be happy spending £2.5m-£3m for Goss.

Reactions: cav
£3m tops but any deal will be dependent on three things:

1) wage demands on behalf of the player/agent

2) existence of any offers from other English teams (even some league 1 teams could match us financially at the moment, ludicrous as that is)

3) QPR's willingness to sell. They could put an astronomical figure on the table and say it's that or no sale.

I think he's a cracking player and prospect but I'd be very surprised if we manage to sign him permanently

Sadly, I have a feeling this one just won't happen.

The fact he is doing so well with us is regrettably the very thing that will price us out

Let's just enjoy the season while he is here and see what happens in the summer.

If we can't sign him, I'm now confident we have enough in midfield already and that Mark Allen may unearth another little gem for next season

2-3mil and 10% sell on. If this is what he's capable of early in his career he's bound to go on to greater things and we would make our money back and then some

Great with the ball at his feet, in the air on his head, with a first touch like velcro and can ping a pass like a Nico Kranchaer from yesteryear.

It's a very hard one to call.

I’d go up to between 3 or 4 for him bud,the problem being we do want to rush in with that sort of dosh.
What we do know tho,is that he fits the jersey so in that sense it’s a no risk signing.Listening to him,l get the feeling he would love to come to us permanently.He also has the bonus of European football with us.
I’m not saying we will qualify for the group stage of whatever Euro tournament but I will say one thing.
There won’t be a repeat of the Luxembourg fiasco with this group of players.
Throw in the fact that the team that wins 55 will go down in history and he now knows what we are all about.
I’m confident this will happen.This lad can be a hero.

which one?

2r2u87p.jpg

QPR bought him for £500k, granted he was nearly out of contract.

Given he wasn't getting a game QPR would probably have been happy to recover their outlay.

However Murty being Murty and too naive with the press opening his mouth has probably just rocketed the figure.
That’s a bit harsh . QPR have said from day 1 he is not for sale .

3 million

Throw in Pena, Holloway loves a bargain and say sorry we didn’t mean to talk about your player ya prick!

Back