How much would you sell Borna Barišić for?

osijekfan

Anyone know if Osijek have any form of sell on fee on him?
10%, maybe 20%

+few % to previous clubs and home grown club

as i said that transfer fee could get around 10 mil €, premiership clubs don't ask much for price, but if other european club is interested in your player they wont offer much

but i think barisic is gonna stay till summer, if he goes to roma and dont get place in first team, he will lose his place in croatian first team too. his opponent domagoj bradaric from lille wont miss that chance

GeckoBear29

10%, maybe 20%

+few % to previous clubs and home grown club

as i said that transfer fee could get around 10 mil €, premiership clubs don't ask much for price, but if other european club is interested in your player they wont offer much

but i think barisic is gonna stay till summer, if he goes to roma and dont get place in first team, he will lose his place in croatian first team too. his opponent domagoj bradaric from lille wont miss that chance
Hope that part about national team is what keeps him with us

Knightswoodbear

As a minimum influx of funds, the summer could be looking like:

Borna - £15m
Alfie - £25m
Kamara - £8m

Total of approx £48m

Tidy wee profits there. And it's the model we need to work to.
Agreed, but for me it would be suicide to lose all 3 in one window regardless of how much we bring in. 2 at the most, although the way I see it we'd get the same for Alfie on his own as we would for Borna and Glen together. Question is what's easier to replace?

Knightswoodbear

My opinion is that forgetting it's the January window, at this moment in time he's probably about a 15 million pound player to our board (considering out poor form when it comes to maximising transfers). Considering this statement caused a celtic fan in work to almost burst into tears and get irrationally angry, I'd say maybe a bit more than that. A good euros in the summer and we should be holding out for 20 million plus.

Gascoigne8

Borna is an important benchmark for me when we are bringing players in

I think we can all agree that Barisic has been one of our best performers this season

he struggled massively last year and many had written him off

this just goes to show how difficult it is to bring a player in and for them to have an impact straight away

Graemeh89

Official Ticketer
He’s by far a better all round player than Tierney , for some reason though British players seem to come at a premium as we saw with Kt and arsenal paid way over the top. I wouldn’t sell Bb just now I think this season we have a great opportunity to win the title , in the summer of anything 14/15 million came in I don’t think the club would knock it back , would be hoping for 20 though especially if he has a good euros.

Germlin

I sincerely hope that we will not sell any of our best players. Barisic and Morelos have no cover of similar quality we could sensibly plan to play the majority of games for the remainder of the season. If we must sell Barisic it needs to be for silly money in January. Tierney was English premiership money which is nuts money. Outside of England nuts money from my perspective starts at £22m. This presumes we have what we believe is a quality replacement lined up.

Gdawg

January - not for sale, at any price. Same as any other first pick players.

Summer - £30m plus. If Scotland's 2nd choice Euro cannon fodder cripple of a left back went for £25m, then the Croatia Nr 1 left back who has been dynamite domestically and in Europe should go for far far more.

Mr Bear

We don’t sell anyone in this window.

We win 55, then we’ve got Champions League qualifiers......... we need to have our exceptionally good players to progress therefore, any of our top talent can only be sold for premium prices if at all.

ThePRODigalSon

Why? The other one (who I knew someone would have to mention on this thread) is about 6 or 7 years younger and had been very consistent when he was sold, albeit the buying club did get ripped off.
27 is not old
BB is very being very consistent at present
BB proving his worth on set pieces
BB crossing of a higher standard
BB doing it in Europa league
BB is a current 1st choice international

will I need any more evidence to persuade you?

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
27 is not old
BB is very being very consistent at present
BB proving his worth on set pieces
BB crossing of a higher standard
BB doing it in Europa league
BB is a current 1st choice international

will I need any more evidence to persuade you?
It’s going to get you 4 or 5 seasons less than if you sign a 22 year old. What is it about that, which you don’t understand? Do you go out and expect to pay the same price for a younger car as you would an older car?

Barisic is one of my favourite players right now, but he’s not even had one season of consistently high performances for us. “He’s consistent and present and good at set pieces” isn’t grounds for looking for an astronomical fee, though for mid season I’d like to think the club would reject anything like £10m.

ThePRODigalSon

It’s going to get you 4 or 5 seasons less than if you sign a 22 year old. What is it about that, which you don’t understand? Do you go out and expect to pay the same price for a younger car as you would an older car?

Barisic is one of my favourite players right now, but he’s not even had one season of consistently high performances for us. “He’s consistent and present and good at set pieces” isn’t grounds for looking for an astronomical fee, though for mid season I’d like to think the club would reject anything like £10m.
Why would they for a 27 year old?
That’s the basis of your argument is it not?
Steve Davis is 34 so on that basis I stick by my valuation of BB.

BlueSeaOfIbrox

Get him to sign the new deal with us and then he’s worth £30m+
Look at what Arsenal paid for a crock
Tierney was younger though that's why I think we will have difficulty matching that price. Plus arsenal got ripped off and Celtic made out like bandits

We'll get £15-20m for him as a ceiling price but you just had to look at him in the old firm. He's going nowhere until we win the league.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Why would they for a 27 year old?
That’s the basis of your argument is it not?
Steve Davis is 34 so on that basis I stick by my valuation of BB.
I don’t know if you’re all there mate. What’s Davis’s valuation and when has there ever been talk of selling him? But for the record, at 34 we wouldn’t command much of a fee for him at all.

BlueSeaOfIbrox

I don’t know if you’re all there mate. What’s Davis’s valuation and when has there ever been talk of selling him? But for the record, at 34 we wouldn’t command much of a fee for him at all.
Spot on

As good as Davis is for us we'd get %^*& all of we sold him.

Might get between 100-500k depending on who comes and if they're desperate to get an experienced person in for a season or 2 but even that's probably quite high, generally speaking his value is worth 0

Texas ranger

He’s better than Tierney, plays for a much stronger national team and is in the transition of playing for a stronger club team too. He’s older and doesn’t have CL experience but has the same number of international appearances. He’ll soon likely have the edge on competitive international tournament appearances as well.

Who would you take if you were a club manager ? You could argue Tierney has more potential and more years ahead of him but most managers need instant gratification. They likely won’t be at the same club three years down the road.

It’s Borna for me. He’s worth every bit of what was paid for Tierney, in the summer.

ThePRODigalSon

You’re missing the point so not sure if you’re all there.
You are undervaluing BB as he is 27.
My point is that 27 for a top pro today isn’t that old.
BB could easily play to the same age as Davis so a good 6/7 years left in him.
So based on today’s market I stick by my valuation.
Do you get it now?

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Spot on

As good as Davis is for us we'd get %^*& all of we sold him.

Might get between 100-500k depending on who comes and if they're desperate to get an experienced person in for a season or 2 but even that's probably quite high, generally speaking his value is worth 0
Age is a significant factor. Same idea as your car, you don’t pay high prices for one thats not going to last as long. Barisic is in sensational form, probably my personal favourite player along with Morelos at this time, but there’s nothing wrong with being realistic about it. The scum got the big bucks for KT because he’d performed to a high standard for a few seasons consistently and because of his age, though I get the impression Arsenal’s medical team didn’t quite do their due diligence on his fitness.

BlueSeaOfIbrox

He’s better than Tierney, plays for a much stronger national team and is in the transition of playing for a stronger club team too. He’s older and doesn’t have CL experience but has the same number of international appearances. He’ll soon likely have the edge on competitive international tournament appearances as well.

Who would you take if you were a club manager ? You could argue Tierney has more potential and more years ahead of him but most managers need instant gratification. They likely won’t be at the same club three years down the road.

It’s Borna for me. He’s worth every bit of what was paid for Tierney.
The thing is, Tierney is younger so there's a resale value when he does meet the potential. That's easier to get the board to allow the sale to go through and they won't mind spending a bit extra because they know they'll make money back compares to paying for barisic where there's practically no real resale value.

It's like Kent with us - he's young and he will go for a lot of money in a few years, hence we can afford to splash out £7m for him. But if he was 27 or 28, and as good as he was last season, it's unlikely we spend anywhere near that amount on him.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
You’re missing the point so not sure if you’re all there.
You are undervaluing BB as he is 27.
My point is that 27 for a top pro today isn’t that old.
BB could easily play to the same age as Davis so a good 6/7 years left in him.
So based on today’s market I stick by my valuation.
Do you get it now?
Christ give me a break, you have to be taking the piss mate!

Texas ranger

The thing is, Tierney is younger so there's a resale value when he does meet the potential. That's easier to get the board to allow the sale to go through and they won't mind spending a bit extra because they know they'll make money back compares to paying for barisic where there's practically no real resale value.

It's like Kent with us - he's young and he will go for a lot of money in a few years, hence we can afford to splash out £7m for him. But if he was 27 or 28, and as good as he was last season, it's unlikely we spend anywhere near that amount on him.
Yip, it’s a big factor for sure.