How much would you sell Borna Barišić for?

teddy95

RomaPress – Roma’s January transfer market is heating up as the Giallorossi are ready to reinforce the squad.

With talks of a Leonardo Spinazzola-Matteo Politano swap with Inter picking-up, the Giallorossi are eyeing potential replacements for the former Atalanta fullback. One of names that Roma have been after for some time is Rangers left back Borna Barišić.

The Croatian is currently the favorite to replace Spinazzola — the Giallorossi are pushing to acquire the 27 year-old, who they believe can be the long-term replacement of Aleksandar Kolarov.

Very late this evening, RomaPress spoke briefly to the agent of the defender Ives Čakarun about the situation of his client.

“A move to Roma? There still isn’t anything concrete, but let’s see”, said Čakarun.

Despite the words of the agent, the Giallorossi are pressing to acquire the Croatian and hope to hold further talks tomorrow with the idea of having a deal in place in the coming days

It’s a difficult one as naturally people will look to the Tierney transfer although that was ridiculous for such a bang average player. Also it was only 2-3 months ago people would have been happy to sell him for what we paid.

All things considered I would take anything above £20 million now and anything over £17m in the summer

In January?

Not at all or if we have to, north of £30m and with a couple of weeks left in the window.

In the summer?

Not at all or if we have to, similar money to biscuit hips.

£30m and above. If wee brittle bones went for £25m and isn’t even Scotland’s no.1 left back yet we have Croatia’s...

Also Barasic contributes so much more to our attack

It’s a difficult one as naturally people will look to the Tierney transfer although that was ridiculous for such a bang average player. Also it was only 2-3 months ago people would have been happy to sell him for what we paid.

All things considered I would take anything above £20 million now and anything over £17m in the summer
Def better than Tierney.

At the moment I wouldn't sell him but every player has his price.
Don't see him leaving this window but come the summer and an offer of 12/15 Million would be hard to refuse.

i think its great we have clubs looking at our players and in reality we do need to sell every so often for big money. We lost Hutton years ago in January then made it to the UEFA Cup Final with a combination of Whittaker and Broadfoot,

Minimum £20M going by other LB transfers from scotland.

As much as i know its not possible, i wouldnt sell him at any price atm. An offer of £30m plus tho and im not sure the club could refuse it.

If he was to be sold, especially in this window, id be wanting absolutely ridiculous money.

Not for sale now unless they come in with a crazy offer of £25million+.

His value will only increase after hopefully a good euros for him and craotia.

we really need to be giving him a new improved extended deal.

His value will be higher in the summer after playing at the Euros!

Genuinely think his agent could be trying to make it out to be more than it is to get him a new contract

Needs to be starting at 20 mill upward which id fear to have saw his evaluations at pre season on here

This won't be popular, but I'd be delighted now with £15m , but expect nearer £12m. FF is obsessed with biscuit hips and expect at least £25m. This won't happen because it's not the EPL and Tierney had been winning trophies for 3 years.
Win the league this season and the transfer value of our players increases hugely. We could sell players for big fees years ago (GvB,Hutton) but they were part of title winning squads. I expect to be shouted down, but it's my opinion and expect many others on here to expect far more.

Not for sale because I don’t think you get anything near the figures quoted in this thread for a 27 year old left back. I’d hold on and think we will probably be looking to cash in for £8-12 million at the end of the season. That’s unbelievable value for a player who will have had a maximum of a good year with us and people wanted released a matter of 5 months ago.

I get we need to balance the books eventually, but you don't sell your best players half way through a season where you might just win the big prize for the first time in a decade.

This won't be popular, but I'd be delighted now with £15m , but expect nearer £12m. FF is obsessed with biscuit hips and expect at least £25m. This won't happen because it's not the EPL and Tierney had been winning trophies for 3 years.
Win the league this season and the transfer value of our players increases hugely. We could sell players for big fees years ago (GvB,Hutton) but they were part of title winning squads. I expect to be shouted down, but it's my opinion and expect many others on here to expect far more.
Think what your saying is sensible enough mate. People also forget that the transfer value largely depends on wage and length of contract left, which is why it will soar if we tie Borna down on a deal first.

RomaPress – Roma’s January transfer market is heating up as the Giallorossi are ready to reinforce the squad.

With talks of a Leonardo Spinazzola-Matteo Politano swap with Inter picking-up, the Giallorossi are eyeing potential replacements for the former Atalanta fullback. One of names that Roma have been after for some time is Rangers left back Borna Barišić.

The Croatian is currently the favorite to replace Spinazzola — the Giallorossi are pushing to acquire the 27 year-old, who they believe can be the long-term replacement of Aleksandar Kolarov.

Very late this evening, RomaPress spoke briefly to the agent of the defender Ives Čakarun about the situation of his client.

“A move to Roma? There still isn’t anything concrete, but let’s see”, said Čakarun.

Despite the words of the agent, the Giallorossi are pressing to acquire the Croatian and hope to hold further talks tomorrow with the idea of having a deal in place in the coming days
If we have any ambition to win the league and cups double then we cannot sdd Ed ll any of our top players, it would morally give them an upper hand and all the shite of we’re skint would be printed from the front to the back of the gutter press.

He's just about priceless to us until the summer at least. Compare the old firm at Ibrox to the 29th December and Barisic is the difference maker. It's not just his talent and contributions, but the way having him on the left side balances our team is absolutely crucial to the way the team play as a whole.

[/QUOTE
Hopefully stays for a few season.. But the fee we actually get could be different from the one some would like to receive.
Could be boosted by decent displays in the Euro's

We have a league to win.

Its so refreshing to hear our players now been talked about in the potential £20M/£30M pound transfer stories .....shows how far we have come in such a short space of time.

Mentioned the other day and said no less than the mentally challenged and got grief that I was drunk and the like . Guys saying £10 mill was a going realistic price , glad to see most agree with my valuation .
Anyway these transfers nowadays seem to have so many variables .
1 if more than 1 club are interested ,Borna allegedly has Milan and Roma so he ticks that box to maximise price .
2 Probably most important nowadays is who owns the clubs .If two oil owned clubs are competing for the same player prices can go off the scale as money is not really important to them and also it becomes a matter of honour to put one over the other gulf state .
3 worse case scenario for selling a player is only 1 club bidding and no oil shieks involved .
So Borna could go for as little as 15 to 20 if point three is the case .
If point 2 is the case could easily go to 30 plus .
Borne as price to us for to go in January is £1000,000,000 basically saying he's not for sale at any price .As is Alfredo .

No sale. Not now
Not in the summer unless a capable replacement is available for a fraction of the selling price.

At least £5 million more than biscuit hips.

Unless they’re giving us one or more of the follow youth players like Ante Coric, William Bianda, Edoardo Bove, Francesco Semeraro.

Semeraro would be good as money plus a exciting young left back too.

Wee comment in todays local sports press that Roma might be looking at Olmo from Dinamo. They want €25 million after Barca put in a low bid of €10 million.

So if Roma were to fork out €25 million on Olmo, then I don't see them having cash in January to pay at least the same for Borna. Depends on their priorities in trying to get CL spot next season.

Back