How much would you sell Borna Barišić for?

We can't sell him in January. Not only has he been one of the standout performers this season, he's also our only left back. And £10m is the sort of price tag I'd expect mentally challengeds to put on him. No offence meant to OP, but that's nowhere near enough.

We don't have a replacement for him and we don't need or want to sell him. Anyone entertaining the idea of bidding for him will have to pay the cost with that in mind. Borna is in a good position in the national side, he's virtually a guaranteed first pick for both Club and Country. At Roma he'd be adapting and competing again.

Would take a massive bid to get him. I think Borna will know that he's in a good place and stands to be in an even better place come the summer.

BB is crucial to us this season. I would reject all bids, especially when he is likley to be the first pick lb for Croatia this summer. If he has a good tournament then a lot of bigger teams will be interested and the price can only go up.
A precendent has been set for the valuation of an International left back from our league. The price starts there, but only in the summer!

We would be mental to let him go for that. He’s hitting his peak years and if he has a good Euros this summer his price could double. We don’t have a suitable replacement either, he’s been vital for us in the past few weeks. For example, 2 assists away from home against Celtic. We’ve got nobody else on the left hand side to contribute what he has this season, even a replacement with the money we get for him could take a while to bed in. If we get £15-£20m in the summer window, then sure. But a big no-no for now!

15-20 million in the summer and not for sale this window that's only because of his age if he was 3-5 years younger he would be worth £30 million

We don't have a replacement for him and we don't need or want to sell him. Anyone entertaining the idea of bidding for him will have to pay the cost with that in mind. Borna is in a good position in the national side, he's virtually a guaranteed first pick for both Club and Country. At Roma he'd be adapting and competing again.

Would take a massive bid to get him. I think Borna will know that he's in a good place and stands to be in an even better place come the summer.
Bad move for Borna if it takes him even half as long to settle as it did at Rangers. He'd potentially be out of the euros.
Bad move for Rangers given we've no replacement.
Bad for both in that he's unlikely to lose value between now and August but could potentially be worth treble the fee and wage currently on offer from Roma.

15-20 million in the summer and not for sale this window that's only because of his age if he was 3-5 years younger he would be worth £30 million

I’m not sure why just turning 27 is counting against him in all honesty.

It’s 2020, that’s not old for a footballer.

At the moment I wouldn't sell him but every player has his price.
Don't see him leaving this window but come the summer and an offer of 12/15 Million would be hard to refuse.

Thank %^*& you're not in charge if youd be letting a top class croation left back go for 12 million that is buttons.

We would be mental to sell him this window.

1. He’s in the form of his life

2. If point 1 continues into the Euro’s his value is increasing

3. Did you see Jon Flanagan v Aberdeen?

RomaPress – Roma’s January transfer market is heating up as the Giallorossi are ready to reinforce the squad.

With talks of a Leonardo Spinazzola-Matteo Politano swap with Inter picking-up, the Giallorossi are eyeing potential replacements for the former Atalanta fullback. One of names that Roma have been after for some time is Rangers left back Borna Barišić.

The Croatian is currently the favorite to replace Spinazzola — the Giallorossi are pushing to acquire the 27 year-old, who they believe can be the long-term replacement of Aleksandar Kolarov.

Very late this evening, RomaPress spoke briefly to the agent of the defender Ives Čakarun about the situation of his client.

“A move to Roma? There still isn’t anything concrete, but let’s see”, said Čakarun.

Despite the words of the agent, the Giallorossi are pressing to acquire the Croatian and hope to hold further talks tomorrow with the idea of having a deal in place in the coming days
If we were to sell him here where we go in my opinion

if Man City wanted the number one left back for Croatia
What would they pay ??

I’d say£35 million ?

well we can start at £20 million and see who really wants him

Good business my arse we've a league to win.

It’s difficult for us as fans to see the business side of Rangers.
We have been told we need to find funds to see out the season. We get £3 million for winning the league but could get £8 million profit on a player.

I don’t want to see Barisic leave but my business head also tells me I don’t want to see Rangers knock back money we potentially can’t afford to.

It this window - no sale for anything. We aren't going to get a replacement of any quality in the window and thinking the Flannigan or Halliday would do could cost 55.

The other important factor is - Croatia are playing England in the summer. That match will have the eyes of every EPL scout and manager. When you consider the fee for Tierney - one good game in that match could start a bidding war.

It this window - no sale for anything. We aren't going to get a replacement of any quality in the window and thinking the Flannigan or Halliday would do could cost 55.

The other important factor is - Croatia are playing England in the summer. That match will have the eyes of every EPL scout and manager. When you consider the fee for Tierney - one good game in that match could start a bidding war.
Correct

The most worrying thing in all this is that fact that we, if the comments in the tabloids are true, are willing to sell Borna.

If we sell him this window our whole style of play is comprised unless we find a replacement fullback with comparable ability - we might as well raise the white flag in surrender and hand Scum NIAR. Borna's stats this season are off the chart, he is a vital cog in bringing balance to the team, lose him and IMHO we lose the league.

I reckon we will have targets lined up to take his place. It just depends if they can do a similar job

I’m not sure why just turning 27 is counting against him in all honesty.

It’s 2020, that’s not old for a footballer.
It isn't old but many clubs pay extra for potential which is why the poets got the fee they did for their left back and why they got a good fee for Dembele Borna is in his prime and has no further resale value if he were to go to Roma and play for a few years

Also those of you who are saying, that he's 27 that means he's worth less than Tierney. Borna is in his peak and will be for the next few years. This is the time in his career to ask for mental sums of money for him.

Nowhere near enough. I would be disappointed if we let him go for that.
Couldn't agree more. If Tierney is worth 25,Borna should be at least that,besides I don't want him to go, he's only established himself in the team this season and I hope it's paper talk and that the gaffer retains all our key players.

And especially if it's in January for that. I'd be severely pissed off

8m profit is nowhere near enough profit taking into consideration the gamble of finding a player just as good. So in essence we will be selling to buy somebody who quite possibly won't be as good.

Before a euro final

Would be complete madness

Almost as valuable as Alfie and Kent.
Solid at the back. A real threat in open play and set pieces.
Totaly agree with this if we want to keep the title win in our sights we need Barisic in that team what a steal by the way £2m ,we will get £10 m easy i would expect end seadon if form continues.

IMO we shouldnt be selling anyone in this window that is in the squad of 18.
Summer is only a few months away. We have a title to win which is probably one of the most important in our history.

The gaffer is trying to build a title winning team not dismantle it halfway through, I'd like to see SG and DK put all this crap to bed and state that noone will be sold while we have a title challenge going on

Giving up on title if we lose Borna, he is such a vital part of the perfect balance in our style of play.
Nevermind the fact that £10m is really poor for a player of his undoubted quality.
I would be inclined to agree; he is vital in how we play. Money does unfortunately talk though and if a crazy offer were to come in I think it would be listened to; but by crazy I mean starting offer of 25 million.

As a minimum influx of funds, the summer could be looking like:

Borna - £15m
Alfie - £25m
Kamara - £8m

Total of approx £48m

Tidy wee profits there. And it's the model we need to work to.
As much as I agree about the business model I think your valuations might actually be a bit overly conservative mate.
It’s not unrealistic that after a good second half of the season and a successful Euros for Borna and Kamara we’re talking nearer sixty million for those three.

Fwiw I think it would be very risky to sell more than two of our first team regulars in the summer window.Selling now even more so obviously.

The most worrying thing in all this is that fact that we, if the comments in the tabloids are true, are willing to sell Borna.

If we sell him this window our whole style of play is comprised unless we find a replacement fullback with comparable ability - we might as well raise the white flag in surrender and hand Scum NIAR. Borna's stats this season are off the chart, he is a vital cog in bringing balance to the team, lose him and IMHO we lose the league.

This idea that losing one player means losing the league is a lot of shite.

So if he got a lengthy injury then the league is lost :rolleyes:

He is a Croatian international that has been setting the place alight domestically and in the EL.
That price is 10m short.

fck off no way is he only worth 10 million, he is a superb player and if Tierney is worth 25 then this is an insult.

If we sell Barisic this window it will have a massive impact on whether we win the league or not

I wouldn't sell for £10m. He's absolutely vital to our title challenge. Flanagan and Halliday are nowhere near his level.

Rumours hes getting a new contract. Then all of a sudden timmy pundits start rumours of crappy fees and values.

One would think the tims are scared in case we have money.

Roma are a club who have stagnated. They’ll never be title contenders in Italy and don’t seem to have much ambition to progress further than where they are.

I honestly think he’d turn them down. We’re a far more attractive club to be at right now. Last 32 football, Gerrard in charge, on the cusp of a league title and CL qualification; we’re on the up. Are Roma? No.

At least £25m, we seem to continually undervalue our own players because our league is a poor standard however we should remember he is Croatia's number one in his position so we should be demanding a reasonable price.

Back