How much would you sell Borna Barišić for?

It’s difficult for us as fans to see the business side of Rangers.
We have been told we need to find funds to see out the season. We get £3 million for winning the league but could get £8 million profit on a player.

I don’t want to see Barisic leave but my business head also tells me I don’t want to see Rangers knock back money we potentially can’t afford to.
£3m for winning the league or £8m profit on a player is your opinion

sell the player and pocket £8m profit but don’t win the league you lose £3m from your profit

don’t sell the player and win the league get the £3m and entry into cash rich champions league and still have a £10m player

The most worrying thing in all this is that fact that we, if the comments in the tabloids are true, are willing to sell Borna.

If we sell him this window our whole style of play is comprised unless we find a replacement fullback with comparable ability - we might as well raise the white flag in surrender and hand Scum NIAR. Borna's stats this season are off the chart, he is a vital cog in bringing balance to the team, lose him and IMHO we lose the league.
I asked someone who is generally good with these things and he said no chance are we selling this window

We have been told we need to find funds to see out the season. We get £3 million for winning the league but could get £8 million profit on a player.

I don’t want to see Barisic leave but my business head also tells me I don’t want to see Rangers knock back money we potentially can’t afford to.
It would be bad business ahead of the summer, even putting aside the league

Who plays at left back should we sell Barišić this window?

Also, £15m less than Tierney - an injury prone player who rarely performed out for Scottish football.

Let’s get one thing straight here

he’s currently The World Cup runners up first choice left back

if the club were to even consider selling him for £10 million then it wouldn’t be sheer lunacy

we are currently in a title challenge, we shouldn’t be putting price tags on any of our first 11 until at least the summer

that is of course the rumour is true

Far too low.

After one game in Serie A, he will be the Roma and Croatia first choice left back. That alone would command £20m.

We will never get that for him as he plays in our crappy league... but certainly more than £10m

A bunch of absolute panic-merchants in here. The club know Barisic is worth considerably more than €10m and how vital he is to the team; he won't be going anywhere in January, and certainly not for that price. File this under 'Standard Newspaper Bullshit'.

According to reports in Italy, Rangers have set their asking price at £10million for Barasic.

As much as I would love to see him stay an £8million profit is good business as long as we have someone lined up to take his place.

I reckon we will see Barasic leave this window

I believe it is low however could be a release clause

As a minimum influx of funds, the summer could be looking like:

Borna - £15m
Alfie - £25m
Kamara - £8m

Total of approx £48m

Tidy wee profits there. And it's the model we need to work to.
You are too low on Borna and Kamara mate.
Add 10 to Borna and same to Kamara.
BB gotta be same value as KT at the very least.

At least £25m, we seem to continually undervalue our own players because our league is a poor standard however we should remember he is Croatia's number one in his position so we should be demanding a reasonable price.
£25m is about right but 35 after the euros

Fùck off! £10m is far too low for a Croatian internationalist in the form of his life. You also need to consider how vital he is for us right now. I’d be livid if he was sold for £10m, I’d be gutted if he was sold full stop, but if he is then it has to be for silly money.

Nooooo

Too low - should be looking for closer to £20m with the form he has been in.

Anyone know if Osijek have any form of sell on fee on him?

You are too low on Borna and Kamara mate.
Add 10 to Borna and same to Kamara.
BB gotta be same value as KT at the very least.

Why? The other one (who I knew someone would have to mention on this thread) is about 6 or 7 years younger and had been very consistent when he was sold, albeit the buying club did get ripped off.

Not a chance we're selling one of our best player's for 10 million during this window. Borna is vital to 55

£3m for winning the league or £8m profit on a player is your opinion

sell the player and pocket £8m profit but don’t win the league you lose £3m from your profit

don’t sell the player and win the league get the £3m and entry into cash rich champions league and still have a £10m player

But you don’t lose £3 million as you earn £2 mill or so for finishing 2nd

Also we aren’t guaranteed entry to the champions league

And thirdly we might be in trouble come the summer if we don’t find the cash required that our board has told us we need.

Who knows what his value will be after the Euro's! He'll be hard enough to replace in the summer never mind January. Paper talk

I doubt we would set a price, it is up to buyers to tempt us to sell him by showing their hand
Yep the fee they are saying although a massive profit is not what I would term "silly money" for a serbian(edit -croatian even oops) international in great form so I don't think we would have said to them what we would accept.
We are in a no lose situation in that we want him to stay,he is not pushing for a move and we can just keep knocking back offers we are not happy with until possibly they reach a figure we would find hard to turn down.

I know this is our model with the buy low and sell high where we can which is fine,but we are in with as good a chance as we have had in so many years of winning the league so if that figure was true I would not be overly happy.

Last edited:
Why? The other one (who I knew someone would have to mention on this thread) is about 6 or 7 years younger and had been very consistent when he was sold, albeit the buying club did get ripped off.

Why? Because he is better, end of story.

And there is actually only 4 and a half years of age difference, not 6 or 7.

Why would we want to sell a fantastic left back for 10 million now when we are capable of winning the league and would get a lot more in the summer after he plays in the European championships,this makes absolutely no sense to me and think its made up bullshit from a mentally challenged journalist.

But you don’t lose £3 million as you earn £2 mill or so for finishing 2nd

Also we aren’t guaranteed entry to the champions league

And thirdly we might be in trouble come the summer if we don’t find the cash required that our board has told us we need.
What gives you the impression we could be in financial trouble come the summer?

As much as I agree about the business model I think your valuations might actually be a bit overly conservative mate.
It’s not unrealistic that after a good second half of the season and a successful Euros for Borna and Kamara we’re talking nearer sixty million for those three.

Fwiw I think it would be very risky to sell more than two of our first team regulars in the summer window.Selling now even more so obviously.
Yes mate. I was being conservative and laying down the bare minimum.

Reactions: cav
He’s a tremendous player but folk need to be realistic with his valuation, 30 mill and upwards is fantasy for someone who is 28 this year and playing in Scotland.

If he continues to excel and has a good euros we could maybe look for 12-15 mill then.
dream on 12-15 no way

Yep the fee they are saying although a massive profit is not what I would term "silly money" for a Serbian international in great form so I don't think we would have said to them what we would accept.
We are in a no lose situation in that we want him to stay,he is not pushing for a move and we can just keep knocking back offers we are not happy with until possibly they reach a figure we would find hard to turn down.

I know this is our model with the buy low and sell high where we can which is fine,but we are in with as good a chance as we have had in so many years of winning the league so if that figure was true I would not be overly happy.
Serbian????

His CV and form are impressive. I'd be expecting well over £20M, significantly more in January. If we don't set a Scottish record in selling him this month, although obviously I don't want to sell personally, then our business is poor. I've seen £12M-£15M quoted by some, if that's all we get I won't be impressed.

After Alfredo he's our biggest asset.

Selling Barisic in this window would be a catastrophic mistake. Him and Kent give us a very strong left side. He is paramount to us this season and a key part to us progressing in the future.

Would be raging if we let him go. Thought we were offering him a new deal anyway?

Every other club in Europe has to overpay in the January window. If we sell one of our best players for under our valuation let alone a crazy figure, we deserve everything we get.

Yep the fee they are saying although a massive profit is not what I would term "silly money" for a Serbian international in great form so I don't think we would have said to them what we would accept.

he might take umbrage at being described as Serbian!

It would be absolute madness to sell him in January and equal madness to sell for anything less than £20m.

Back