How much would you sell Borna Barišić for?

Why? Because he is better, end of story.

And there is actually only 4 and a half years of age difference, not 6 or 7.

Okay 4 and a half years. Ones younger and has shown greater consistency, so you’re not quite in touch with the reality of the transfer market of you think we will command a similar fee. And that’s in the reality in spite of the fact Borna is playing better now than KT ever did.

If they sold Tierney for 20+ we should not accept anything less, age apart borna is twice the player and offers so much going forward and from set peices. Guys established internationalist and one our most important players this season.

I'll admit I've never seen much of Tierney, but for Celtic to get the sort of fee they did for him, Arsenal must have felt he'd shown the sort of potential that will see him develop into another Andy Robertson, someone they can double or triple their outlay on in a few years, and he must have been showing that potential at a level at least as impressive as Barisic has this season for a good couple of seasons beforehand.

I'd be very surprised if that was the case.

The criticisms against Borna (as far as playing for Rangers goes) will be that he's only really displayed that kind of ability for six months, and at 27 he has less years left to turn a profit for any potential buyer than Tierney.

On the flip side, he's entering his peak years now so any club willing to take a punt on him is likely to get his very best. And as if it hasn't already been said, he's the first choice left back for the World Cup runners-up, a country ranked 44 places above Scotland in the FIFA rankings.

We won't sell him this month, but if he continues in the form he's been in this season and has a good Euros for his country in the summer, the very least Rangers should be asking for is £20m.

It’s difficult for us as fans to see the business side of Rangers.
We have been told we need to find funds to see out the season. We get £3 million for winning the league but could get £8 million profit on a player.

I don’t want to see Barisic leave but my business head also tells me I don’t want to see Rangers knock back money we potentially can’t afford to.
We can't afford to sell our best players half through a season when we have finally got ourselves in the position where winning the league is in our hands. That is and should be the priority.

And besides in today's market £10 is a massive undervaluation.

He's a £15m + player and if he sustains his form and shows well at the Euros you can add another £5m to that.

Don't sell just now he's too important and we need a summer to readjust our team if he's to leave

It's gonna sound crass but not £20mil not £50mil, you cannot put a price on this title!
Whatever is on offer just now would not allow us to get a like-for-like left back. Borna is in top form and is integral in our push for the title.
There is a no doubt a figure that, if offered, the club could not refuse. I just hope that figure is not offered as I would hate to see Borna leave in this window.

The price mentioned now, and the price after we win the league,and he comes back after the internationals with his country,will be substantially varied i.m.o.

It isn't old but many clubs pay extra for potential which is why the poets got the fee they did for their left back and why they got a good fee for Dembele Borna is in his prime and has no further resale value if he were to go to Roma and play for a few years
In two year an international left back under thirty would still command a really good fee.

Last edited:
I'll admit I've never seen much of Tierney, but for Celtic to get the sort of fee they did for him, Arsenal must have felt he'd shown the sort of potential that will see him develop into another Andy Robertson, someone they can double or triple their outlay on in a few years, and he must have been showing that potential at a level at least as impressive as Barisic has this season for a good couple of seasons beforehand.

The criticisms against Borna (as far as playing for Rangers goes) will be that he's only really displayed that kind of ability for six months, and at 27 he has less years left to turn a profit for any potential buyer than Tierney.

On the flip side, he's entering his peak years now so any club willing to take a punt on him is likely to get his very best. And as if it hasn't already been said, he's the first choice left back for the World Cup runners-up, a country ranked 44 places above Scotland in the FIFA rankings.

We won't sell him this month, but if he continues in the form he's been in this season and has a good Euros for his country in the summer, the very least Rangers should be asking for is £20m.

Arsenal and Roma do not buy players to turn a profit. They buy players to be successful.

The fact it’s January and we are in a very unique league season, they can either pay £18m or fvck off. Get him on a new deal so we are in a great negotiation position after the Euros where he hopefully shines

I realise any player is only worth what another team is willing to pay for them, but if a few times capped for Scotland biscuit hips is worth anywhere near the £25 million that he reportedly went for, then the bidding for the 1st choice Croatian left back should be starting there.

He's first pick for the World Cup finalists, attracting attention from big name teams in the top leagues in Europe, is in his prime with many years left at the top of his career. Anything short of £20-25 million would be criminal.

Who knows? We've still to see a club bid serious money for a Rangers player, never mind have a bid accepted, and combined with the farcical amount of money being bandied about in England, it makes a lot of these evaluations essentially worthless.

It seems to be the case that English clubs aren't interested unless there's been prolonged success over a number of years. We've still to win a trophy.

Arsenal will take a huge hit on Tierney and he'll be back at the filth within 2 years.

Don’t get selling him at all. As many have said, waiting till after the euros makes a lot more sense, as does keeping our best players in a position where we have no cover.

Comparative valuations are also significant too. For all that the Tierney transfer was weird, the value was £25mill for an injured left back who may never play again and who was not any better than Borna. I’ve no idea of their comparative stats but let’s use the Morelos vs Dembele one. Tierney was always shite against us even when we were shit. While Borna just ripped them a new one.

Anyone know if Osijek have any form of sell on fee on him?

10%, maybe 20%

+few % to previous clubs and home grown club

as i said that transfer fee could get around 10 mil €, premiership clubs don't ask much for price, but if other european club is interested in your player they wont offer much

but i think barisic is gonna stay till summer, if he goes to roma and dont get place in first team, he will lose his place in croatian first team too. his opponent domagoj bradaric from lille wont miss that chance

For me it depends how much the books need balanced, if we need to sell I'd be hopeful we'd get 12m.

10%, maybe 20%

+few % to previous clubs and home grown club

as i said that transfer fee could get around 10 mil €, premiership clubs don't ask much for price, but if other european club is interested in your player they wont offer much

but i think barisic is gonna stay till summer, if he goes to roma and dont get place in first team, he will lose his place in croatian first team too. his opponent domagoj bradaric from lille wont miss that chance
Hope that part about national team is what keeps him with us

As a minimum influx of funds, the summer could be looking like:

Borna - £15m
Alfie - £25m
Kamara - £8m

Total of approx £48m

Tidy wee profits there. And it's the model we need to work to.
Agreed, but for me it would be suicide to lose all 3 in one window regardless of how much we bring in. 2 at the most, although the way I see it we'd get the same for Alfie on his own as we would for Borna and Glen together. Question is what's easier to replace?

My opinion is that forgetting it's the January window, at this moment in time he's probably about a 15 million pound player to our board (considering out poor form when it comes to maximising transfers). Considering this statement caused a celtic fan in work to almost burst into tears and get irrationally angry, I'd say maybe a bit more than that. A good euros in the summer and we should be holding out for 20 million plus.

Borna is an important benchmark for me when we are bringing players in

I think we can all agree that Barisic has been one of our best performers this season

he struggled massively last year and many had written him off

this just goes to show how difficult it is to bring a player in and for them to have an impact straight away

He’s by far a better all round player than Tierney , for some reason though British players seem to come at a premium as we saw with Kt and arsenal paid way over the top. I wouldn’t sell Bb just now I think this season we have a great opportunity to win the title , in the summer of anything 14/15 million came in I don’t think the club would knock it back , would be hoping for 20 though especially if he has a good euros.

I sincerely hope that we will not sell any of our best players. Barisic and Morelos have no cover of similar quality we could sensibly plan to play the majority of games for the remainder of the season. If we must sell Barisic it needs to be for silly money in January. Tierney was English premiership money which is nuts money. Outside of England nuts money from my perspective starts at £22m. This presumes we have what we believe is a quality replacement lined up.

January - not for sale, at any price. Same as any other first pick players.

Summer - £30m plus. If Scotland's 2nd choice Euro cannon fodder cripple of a left back went for £25m, then the Croatia Nr 1 left back who has been dynamite domestically and in Europe should go for far far more.

Back