How negative were BT?

Craigan really does my tits in. After 20 mins he declared us flat...
We were not playing Hamilton ffs.

And sorry Alex Rae and Rob McLean don't do it for me either. Its night and day from thr quality commentary line up we have on RTV

Totally exaggerating Lech’s performance too. If that was us we’d be going mad for not creating any real chances and no shots on goal.

Tbh not much difference from the match thread, almost makes me glad we can't go to Ibrox cause you just know what our crowd would have been like tonight. This team has done enough to earn our trust so far this season, even when not at our best i had no doubt we would win tonight.

Time for some fans to step up and get a mentality change for when we do eventually get back to watching the team at Ibrox.

Absolute chronic. I can handle criticism and opinions of play etc but biased commentating and almost urging for us not to win is beyond. Watched the scum game beforehand and equally nauseating listening to the gushing and spunking over them.

I think people make mountains out of molehills with it though, looking to be annoyed about something.
I don’t usually mind BT but Craigan really pissed me off listening to him. There was no need for him to be there either, Rob McLean is punishment enough.

Every bit as unprofessional and bitter as Sky, I heard the end of the Lille game saying how great a point that was and will likely lead to a winner takes all shootout Vs Lille in the last game! I was dumbfounded.
Smelly rat amateurs

Thankfully I had some foreign guy commentating. But I thought people on here who know him were adamant that "Crags" was a good bear?
He hides it well then. Thinking about it, it’s actually what you would expect from a professional bear, not like the tramps with a mic.

It was clear during that passage of play that we had them penned in and the gaffer was letting that play out - hey presto, giving the players another 5 minutes worked a treat
It didn’t take a genius to see that. Craigan an is an absolute oaf.

I was watching a stream from another provider and it was an English commentary. It’s do refreshing hearing someone with no axe to grind just commenting on the play and being impressed by our performance and record in the competition
What other provider is there would rather pay for a different one from bt?

Listen to Craigan ten seconds before we score. “Can’t understand why Aribo isn’t on yet, it’s their own time their wasting here..”
Boom goal.
Sit down and shut it.
Aye, heard that as well, Gerrard must have thought we were playing better bringing Morelos on and thought he'd see how it went before Aribo came on..

McLean’s commentary was a collection of small phrases...
“given away by.....
”wasted ball by....
” poor pass by....
”.......needed to hold on to that...
”booted anywhere there by....

and how he loved to sprinkle In these phrases throughout the match.

Not much to get. McLean is a commentator, Craigan is there as a ‘neutral’ and Rae is there as one of us.

Mclean would turn milk, I don't want that fanny Craigan as a 'neutral' commentating on our games.

Who cares? They support us it's trying to ruin our record they dont its negative. We won - rob maclean is an irrelevance

Football is a game where we all see it different, that's what makes it the game we all love, these guys opinions aren't any better than ours, they may have played the game at a decent level, doesn't mean everything they say is correct. Let's just enjoy what we are watching, see what we see in the game, our opinions are just as valid. Fck these numpties, we know a good Rangers team when we see one, we have been follow following for long enough.

Any game not covered by my ST I now buy from RTV rather than listen to Crocker, Walker, McClean and Craigan. Couldn’t do that tonight obviously and we lasted 20 mins on BT before going to mute. Dreadful.

Last edited:
And going on and on about another clean sheet when there was still loads of time left...willing the jinx
Noticed this myself . 5 minutes to go plus injury time and Craigan is giving it “ well Gerrard will be delighted with this win , 6 points out of 6” . Said to myself he’s willing Poznań to score .

Rae chuntering on about the press and balls across the face is brutal too. Ok mate, you've done your coaching badges. Stop trying to sound clever.

To some extent I just tune out Craigan because he’s an idiot and just follows the narrative being trotted out by the others on commentary. I get annoyed by Alex Rae because I expect better and he is a constant let-down.

Calling Posnan attacks 'promising' instead of dangerous, as you would have thought a Scottish sports journalist would, tells you where he is coming from. Unfortunately we can't use RTV for the EL

Aye they did mention the positive things but emphasised and repeated the negative. It was pretty annoying.

I eMailed them to complain about Richard Gordon not realising it was Rob (remember Celtic have a game in hand) McLean.

At half time you'd be forgiven for thinking we were battered and lucky to get in goalless.
At full time you'd think we had lost.

I get these dicks don't like us, but for fùcks sake just do your job.

I had to turn it off and watch a stream, I believe it was an Arabian fella on Bien sport.

Big improvement.

We all know where Walker and Sutton stands when commentating or analysing Rangers so no surprises there. Craigan just sounds like another former youth player or trailist let go by Rangers (I couldn't less whether he was or not) with a chip on both shoulders a la Michael Stewart.

To paraphrase Gunnery Sergeant Hartman saying to Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket "What is your major malfunction, Craigan?'

Fair enough. It was a genuine question as to whether it happened the other way round as we seem to be treated to ex-Celtic players constantly.
On BT’s coverage of the Europa league the same panel cover both games and are based at the home team’s stadium for the 8pm kick off.

People were going mental last week that the panel for our game were at the Cesspit but it’s common practice.

Craigan is okay. Could easily be replaced though.

Rob MacLean is utterly chronic and needs replaced.
MacLean is an utter mystery - he has lasted decades in this job but is awful.

Lacking any emotion unless it’s “his” team, lacking impartiality, lacking any real knowledge or understanding of the sport that he has spent hundreds of thousands of hours watching over 25-30 years.

BT Sport ended up with footage of a last minute goal from the halfway line last week and the commentary that goes with it sounds like it’s from a man who’s just been told his dog has died.

Last edited:
Back