How others see us - Slavia fans and their hopes in the draw (re. Rangers).

They are very dangerous in a one off. Loads of attacking options and a solid core. It was entertaining last night to see how clueless the BT Sport pundits were. I don't think Steve McMananananananananananananananmaan watched any European football and Crouch is a joke. I enjoyed seeing Rodgers 'rest' players and get papped out. What a week!
Had this game on my watch list. Had a feeling he would blow it.

Bt full of arrogant tossers who actually said that they beat Leicester because they all wanted a move to the Premiership.

I was surprised this hasn't got more converge. He looks leggy and a bit flat. He's played a silly amount of football and never gets a breather. I don't know why.
He has.
However, he was mostly solid last night.
To say he was a bombscare is ridiculous in my opinion.

The goal they scored was from a fantastic ball played perfectly for a brave striker who had the run on both McGregor and Goldson and who seized on the chance with great aplomb.
Other teams can produce great moments as well.
Indeed, all defenders can look like plumbs on occasion, it goes with the territory as any defender will tell you.

Connor Goldson has been a rock for Rangers this season.

I was impressed by him straight away. Looked him up and it’s his first season of professional football and has a scoring record of something like 2 in 3 this season.

Wonder how much he’d cost.
Think they said £50m reserve tag last night.

I was very impressed with them in their two games against Leceister. Would rather avoid them.
Rodgers has no idea how to play in Europe.

Gerrard has.

There will be no easy opponents left now, but they were just about the best we could have drawn.

To be fair, they probably feel similarly about us.

The thing that worries me is our defence.

Goldson was a bomb scare again last night, hesitant and unable to judge the bounce of the ball.
The part where he let the ball bounce over him initially looked bad as it wasn't clear from the shot that it was going through to a player who was yards offside. Goldson let it go through to him and they were, eventually as per the new rules, flagged offside. At the time I was shouting at the telly but that was because we couldn't see the offside player in the pic. It's the same reason he just let the player run off him while Helander was haring after him, he knew he was miles offside.

Goldson was a bomb scare again last night, hesitant and unable to judge the bounce of the ball.
Bombscare is a wee bit harsh, but I have noticed a slackness & indecisiveness in his game has come back to the fore, he needs to resharpen his mind more than anything else.

I could not believe he let that high ball played into our box bounce before attempting a poor headed clearance - what happened to the centre half mantra of never letting a high ball bounce.

Fair to say our lauded defence domestically does get found out in Europe. 8 games played since qualifying to group stage, 3 clean sheets and 12 goals conceded in the other 5. We have lost 2 goals in each of our last 3 home ties, which is a massive concern.

Antwerp, who IMHO were not a great side, scored 4 very poor goals, each can easily be blamed on poor defending, or poor marking, or a player falling asleep and not covering his runner.

We are going to have to raise our game in the next round. If we are to have any chance of getting to the quarters our defence will have to be at the top of their game.
Totally agree, theres no denying we are a good team , however we are going to have to tighten up at the back , i dont expect us to not concede a goal over 180 mins against any of the teams left, prague being next but you show them a video of the goals we have conceded over the last 2 seasons in Europe and everyone would fancy there chances against us. We keep hearing off wake up calls and lessons learned but it keeps happening. I personally think we will end up going out because of a very preventable goal being conceded.. However im enjoying the rollercoaster ride of European football much better to watch than trying to break down 10 man blocks here in Scotland.

Was just discussing this with old man Goldson is a bomb scare sometimes still,just head ball away or boot out or up park its a big flaw in him leaving ball to drop behind and try to play out playing against good european players as proven last night will nip in and take possesion off him hes not Maldini.
This will cost us as we go on but hope we have enough up front to counter goals conceded

He has.
However, he was mostly solid last night.
To say he was a bombscare is ridiculous in my opinion.

The goal they scored was from a fantastic ball played perfectly for a brave striker who had the run on both McGregor and Goldson and who seized on the chance with great aplomb.
Other teams can produce great moments as well.
Indeed, all defenders can look like plumbs on occasion, it goes with the territory as any defender will tell you.

Connor Goldson has been a rock for Rangers this season.
Still think he needs a breather at some point. That amount of football is going to lead to a knock effect somewhere down the line. Once the league is won its a bit late and I don't see it happening anytime soon. It's a psychological balancing act.

Still think he needs a breather at some point. That amount of football is going to lead to a knock effect somewhere down the line. Once the league is won its a bit late and I don't see it happening anytime soon. It's a psychological balancing act.
I agree, he has been a machine this season, but even a machine needs a bit of RnR and time to rejuvenate tired parts or it will break down.

Totally agree, theres no denying we are a good team , however we are going to have to tighten up at the back , i dont expect us to not concede a goal over 180 mins against any of the teams left, prague being next but you show them a video of the goals we have conceded over the last 2 seasons in Europe and everyone would fancy there chances against us. We keep hearing off wake up calls and lessons learned but it keeps happening. I personally think we will end up going out because of a very preventable goal being conceded.. However im enjoying the rollercoaster ride of European football much better to watch than trying to break down 10 man blocks here in Scotland.
A fit Ryan Jack makes a difference to the defensive dynamic.
Last season against teams like Porto and Braga away, we played a far more containing game.
Gerrard knows how to change the script.

McManaman is a lady's front bottom who can't see past English football.

Which is surprising considering he played for Real Madrid.

Then you remember he's a lady's front bottom.
Some player in his day absolute wet wipe of a pundit tho

A fit Ryan Jack makes a difference to the defensive dynamic.
Last season against teams like Porto and Braga away, we played a far more containing game.
Gerrard knows how to change the script.
Was Ryan Jack not playing in any of these games in the last 2 years that they lost poor goals., and will Ryan Jack be available for the Prague game ?

Was just discussing this with old man Goldson is a bomb scare sometimes still,just head ball away or boot out or up park its a big flaw in him leaving ball to drop behind and try to play out playing against good european players as proven last night will nip in and take possesion off him hes not Maldini.
This will cost us as we go on but hope we have enough up front to counter goals conceded
I like Goldson he's been a great buy at the price we paid for him and a contender for player of the season, my mate is not quite convinced in him, and highlights his dodgy moments to me , last night twice with Macgregor involved as well and last week he needlessly gave the ball away in the last minute passing across the 18 yard box and the japanese guy hit the post, didnt matter in the end but it will eventually. Still a good solid defender for me but he does have his moments.

Last edited:
Was Ryan Jack not playing in any of these games in the last 2 years that they lost poor goals., and will Ryan Jack be available for the Prague game ?
Someone on here will have the details.
However, I do know he played in both matches in Portugal last season, and that Rangers were very sound defensively in both games.
Jack was excellent in both and made us look secure at the back.
It was a different type of Rangers performance under Gerrard.

I could not believe he let that high ball played into our box bounce before attempting a poor headed clearance - what happened to the centre half mantra of never letting a high ball bounce.

Fair to say our lauded defence domestically does get found out in Europe. 8 games played since qualifying to group stage, 3 clean sheets and 12 goals conceded in the other 5. We have lost 2 goals in each of our last 3 home ties, which is a massive concern.

Antwerp, who IMHO were not a great side, scored 4 very poor goals, each can easily be blamed on poor defending, or poor marking, or a player falling asleep and not covering his runner.

We are going to have to raise our game in the next round. If we are to have any chance of getting to the quarters our defence will have to be at the top of their game.
It needs to be kept in mind that we went for them, SG said himself we pinpointed in both legs we gambled and went very attacking against them and obviously it worked. Facing another team we would be more cautious and less likely to concede

Have been on another Slavia forum since the draw.

Nothing TOO negative about us.

It will be a duel between two teams that are completely sovereign in your leagues. The Rangers are the only team worthwhile in the Scottish League, but they are playable. And Jindra deserves his dream opponent for what he did for Slavia. I see a better chance than we were against Leicester and firmly believe in advancing to the quarterfinals.

Well, Granada or Molde could have jumped there (well, EL will have a very surprising quarterfinalist anyway). The Scottish League went up (I didn't even know they were 11th), and the Rangers are going there ONE TEAM SHOW 26-4-0 and 82 points is crazy.

On the other hand - the second team of the Czech league managed to beat the second team of the Scottish league twice by three goals. Why can't we do it with the first one, right :-D

But the Rangers really aren't desperate Celtic :)

The Rangers are well formulated this year. Again, against the Rangers, it will not be a problem to motivate what I would like to see Molde and Granada as a problem. The chances are about 50/50, which is not a bad starting position for the EL round of the final.

So the Trpiš riders came out.Super! An attractive opponent to cross over. That would be a trip to Scotland to the beautiful Ibrox park. Will Scotch or Irish whiskey flow?

I like Goldson he's been a great buy at the price we paid for him and a contender for player of the season, my mate is not quite convinced in him, and highlights his dodgy moments to me , last night twice with Macgregor involved as well and last week he needlessly gave the ball away in the last minute passing across the 18 yard box and the japanese guy hit the post, didnt matter in the end but it will eventually. Still a good solid defender for me but he does have his moments.
Every defender in the world will have their moment and make their mistakes. No one can be perfect all of the time. Hes by far the best defender in the league

Every defender in the world will have their moment and make their mistakes. No one can be perfect all of the time. Hes by far the best defender in the league
Yes i agree, look at the premiership everyweek and defenders that are supposedly worth anything up to 50 million or more , making basic errors. I hope Goldson stays with us for a few years.

Back