How realistic is it for us to leave this league?

Ricksen

would they f*ck .

we wouldn't go without the soapdodgers .the english leagues don't need us , the public wouldn't want us . the police wouldn't want us and that is before all the red tape of switching countries .
England wouldn’t take celtic in a million years. Their away support would cause riots at every game and they know it. We on the other hand would fit right in with our British and GSTQ shtick.

lorenzoamoruso

Will not happen. Ultimately, not sure I would want it to either.

We need to get back to winning leagues and dominating domestic competition. That’s the Rangers I grew up with

Delbert

You can say our team was poor on the park tonight and that's true however you are living in la la land if you don't think there is an agenda with the refereeing in this country. In reality the straw broke the camels back weeks ago but tonight has me seriously considering if we could realistically pack up in Scotland and leave it to hate itself to death?
Hahahahahhaha come on ffs please!

In desparate times, please remember, sensible posts only.

im_a_good_bluenose

Jesus christ, how pathetic, run away to England! Maybe if our manager and club started regularly calling out officials we might get somewhere and our well paid players showed some steel at key moments in games! 6 points we've pissed away in 50 minutes or so at Hearts and Killie, all the officials faults?
Hearts no. Killie? Absolutely

Bristol_bnose3

Be careful what you wish for. Perpetual also rans in a massive league structure the vast majority of which couldn’t give two f88ks about us, them or Scottish football in any way.

I don’t remember any of this chat before Christmas when challenging for the league was a possibility. Now as soon as we start playing like absolute shite we spit the dummy and greet about leaving the league? Not a great look.

Vice

I wouldn't want to leave the league until we've won it again. Only then would it be worth consideration for being discussed again in my personal opinion

KevoMac83

If moving leagues to England didn't happen when the EPL, Championship wasn't as strong then there is no chance now. They don't need us or them. I want us to concentrate on ourselves and getting us back to being the undisputed dominant force in Scotland

Reidy

It can't happen without a massive rewrite of the rules.
Then there are all the complications brought about by playing staff.
And which players want to go from £20k per week to crowds of 50 and £50 per week in the lowest division in England?

stevie221

Think I managed to

Pretty sure I managed say everything there is too know on the matter in those 2 words? Could have done it in one.

To expand, there is currently nowhere for us to go and play at the highest level. If there is any possibility in the future I would think it would a full merge of leagues or creation of new British League.

Also, why are we talking about going to a league with much better competition when we've just lost to a team fighting for a top half finish?
Thanks dav - I agree with your second paragraph about the future. It would need to be for both political and sporting reasons, but it also makes economic/financial sense. One UK FA (the FA) and one national team to support would be a dream. Clubs would be assigned a league slot decision based on stadia, support and historic performance. European performance would also be a primary indicator and based on all these things we would be in the Premiership.

Your last paragraph would be addressed by the additional resources that would come from the rewards of playing in a more appropriate league structure.

However, you would still sometimes get results like the midweek game if the team turned out with their hearts and minds barely on it.

MightyGersLand!

And go where, the very bottom tiers of English football.
Stay in a league where our best bet is second?
Celtic are getting a 30 point head start every year from officials.
Considering they generally don't lose much more than 30 points its a tall order to win anything.

Ricksen

And which players want to go from £20k per week to crowds of 50 and £50 per week in the lowest division in England?
If we need to downsize then so be it. We’ll slowly recover as we climb the leagues. It might take a while but christ if we can survive being in the lowest tier of scotttish football...

Ricksen

Stay in a league where our best bet is second?
Celtic are getting a 30 point head start every year from officials.
Considering they generally don't lose much more than 30 points its a tall order to win anything.
It’s not just officials (although after they get 10 we will be reffed to the same standard as everyone else), it’s the other teams in the league. They don’t want Scottish football to return to the days of being dominated by 2 teams. That’s why they play like their lives depended on it against us, but capitulate with a whimper against them.

bilkobear

never going to happen, yes our refs are atrocious but we have a rookie manager who`s faults are there for all to see. Rangers should never be a job to cut your teeth in management.
Smith and Souness, even Struth, were all rookies when the took the Rangers job.

Steve Snedden

The only way I could see it happening is in a dystopian future after a civil war and an independent Scotland.

We might get some kind of sanctuary status, or special dispensation to play in England. The same way (London)Derry City are able to play in the League of Ireland.

It's not a situation I'd want, it's just an imagined scenario.

Davester

Surely no harm than n putting a case to the FA. Give them a dossier of the hate against our club. Start in lower tiers. The fans turned up against Brechin. They'd turn up against Dagenham and Redbridge

BlueSeaOfIbrox

Next to none.

We had our chance when the corrupt cunts tried to kill us and didn't take it sadly.

We aren't going to start over in the lower leagues of England now and nobody in the top 2 flights are gonna give up their spot for us, let alone getting people battling promotion/relegation allowing us in as we'll put a dent in both of those.

Tugay83

Not one tiny bit realistic. Zero chance. None. It's never been realistic and it never will be. People might as well wistfully speculate about joining the Martian premier league or the Jupiter league two.

Kingging

There doesn't appear to be any will for this from the board just now. But things change. A future board could well see an opportunity and push for this and it's not so unrealistic. Won't happen in the foreseeable future though

MightyGersLand!

Why would that happen?
It’s not just officials (although after they get 10 we will be reffed to the same standard as everyone else), it’s the other teams in the league. They don’t want Scottish football to return to the days of being dominated by 2 teams. That’s why they play like their lives depended on it against us, but capitulate with a whimper against them.
I agree with you.
But with fair refs we'd be top of the league in my opinion.
Goals behind but top.
We can ask for fair refs.
But it would be a bit Tim like to tell teams not to try so hard against us!

choppy72

Serious question what mechanic could we use to escape Scotland?

It has been clarified by the FA / Premiership that they don’t want to pursue this and UEFA have said in recent years that you can’t leave your national Association.

Ironically as I understand it Celtic have pushed this behind the scenes again in last few years and got nowhere.

NUL bear

..... off to England and moan about the officiating bias towards Liverpool andMan Utd?
Seriously?
Some of the pro English pish on here is ridiculous

NUL bear

We may win the odd trophy in the next few years, but the set-up is now so ingrained concerning Scottish refs that it will take a Leicester-esque season from a few years back for us to ever take the title again. The dice is so loaded against us, it is now almost an impossibility.
yet in December most on here were seeing the league as a shoo in. Jesus
It’s not the refs
It’s not even SG’s tactics
It’s the players- not quite good enough when not completely at it

kdy_bear

The hatred towards us is off the scale in this part of Britain. Would love to compete elsewhere, almost any fukin where to be honest.

Mabearette

It is never going to happen. Just wish PL could be prised away from his controller function in Scottish football. That would be a start but sadly won't happen anytime soon.

BlueHaze

That boat has well and truely sailed,We should have done it or at least tried at the begging of the Souness era,At that time we were on a level playing field financialy and would have been an asset to English football,greed has now taking over their game and they will not be sharing their riches now.

Mustang mad

It wont happen.
Simon Jordan - ex crystal palace owner- backed both OF clubs joining the english pyramid in early 2000s, both clubs would have had to pay a bounty of 200million though.
So its not going to happen

Disraeli

They only way we will ever move to England is if we agree to start at the very bottom tier .
People would need to accept it could be 10+ years from joining English football before we even get a sniff of the EPL.

Smkz23

Surely no harm than n putting a case to the FA. Give them a dossier of the hate against our club. Start in lower tiers. The fans turned up against Brechin. They'd turn up against Dagenham and Redbridge
We wouldn’t be playing Dagenham and Redbridge, we’d be at least 3 tiers below them so playing the likes of Atherton Colleries.

Necro

It shouldn't even be desirable.

Abandoning our roots to chase the EPL money would be an incredibly dark day.

Midfield General

You can say our team was poor on the park tonight and that's true however you are living in la la land if you don't think there is an agenda with the refereeing in this country. In reality the straw broke the camels back weeks ago but tonight has me seriously considering if we could realistically pack up in Scotland and leave it to hate itself to death?
As things currently stand there is no prospect of that happening,however nothing stays the same forever.There has been talk of the Dutch and Belgian leagues amalgamating and if the Man City thing becomes a catalyst for a break away league who knows where things will end up.