APRIL

9 April: Quarter-finals, first leg
16 April: Quarter-finals, second leg
30 April: Semi-finals, first leg

MAY

7 May: Semi-finals, second leg
27 May: Final – Gdansk Stadium

2nd leg of semi-final on the Thursday, Scottish Cup final the Saturday

Actually thinking about it I hope it's Arsenal just because i think we could beat them and also i can get cheap flights down from inverness

Good tie in prospect no matter who we get. I’d like Man Utd to take a big scalp! Arsenal in that category too.

Just to save my bank balance I’m hoping for an English side, supporters bus journey down south would be outstanding, Arsenal preferably

Anyone know which team plays home first. Ie is it home team out the hat is at home first etc?

I'd feel most comfortable with Sporting after beating Porta and Braga who are ahead of them in the league.

We've also got a good record against them in the knockout stages of this competition in recent years.

No, only last 16.

20 February: Round of 32, first leg
27 February: Round of 32, second leg
28 February: Round of 16 draw, Nyon

MARCH

12 March: Round of 16, first leg
19 March: Round of 16, second leg
20 March: Quarter-final and semi-final draws, Nyon

APRIL

9 April: Quarter-finals, first leg
16 April: Quarter-finals, second leg
30 April: Semi-finals, first leg

MAY

7 May: Semi-finals, second leg
27 May: Final – Gdansk Stadium
If they get thru and we don’t draw them but both of us are drawn to play at home on same date will one of the ties be moved to different day ie the Wednesday or will one be reversed so one team probably us given co efficient ranking are then away when other is at home

Hope we get the Bheasts, we’d destroy them in front of the whole of Europe with no Clancy in their team.

Failing that, Man Utd are very beatable right now.
Would love that (first bit) but too feart if it went other way
"unwashed beating us on all fronts!"
indicating scotcup too
how about Danes beat the mutants then we beat them....?

I’d like to avoid Wolves, Shakhtar and Inter Milan. The rest i’d fancy us against. Would love LASK or Basel though.

If they get thru and we don’t draw them but both of us are drawn to play at home on same date will one of the ties be moved to different day ie the Wednesday or will one be reversed so one team probably us given co efficient ranking are then away when other is at home

If that is the case then we will have our game reversed as they are higher ranked

Benfica and Sporting Lisbon throws up another city clash should both get through

Braga in the last 32
Sporting in the last 16
Porto in the quarters
Benfica in the semis

That's all it would take for us to reach the final. Keep believing bears!

LASK are really good. They're one of the teams i would want to avoid, as they're better than a few sides that can still get through and it's not much of a glamour tie either
I’ll admit to knowing absolutely nothing about LASK but are they that much better than some of the other sides?

Only teams I really don’t fancy are:

Inter
Arsenal
Frankfurt
Salzburg
Wolves
Sevilla

Honestly think the rest are doable.

I’ll admit to knowing absolutely nothing about LASK but are they that much better than some of the other sides?
Than teams like United, Arsenal, Inter and Sevilla? No but at the moment they're better than a lot of others like Basel, Gent, Sporting. Salzburg have won the title in 8 of the last 10 seasons in Austria and 6 in a row but LASK are ahead of them at the moment

Current teams through

Rangers

Games still to go

Basel v Nicosia (3-0 to Basel)
Espanyol v Wolves (0 - 4 to Wolves)
Port / Leverkusen (1 - 2 to Leverkusen)
Gent / Roma (0 - 1 to Roma)
Istanbul v Sporting (1 - 3 up)
LASK/AZ Alkmaar (currently 1 - 1)
Malmoe FF/ Wolfsburg (1 - 2 to Wolfsburg)
Ajax/Getafe (0 -2 to Getafe)
Arsenal/ Olympiacos (1-0 to Arsenal)
Benfica/Shakhtar Donetsk (1-2 to Shaktar)
Celtic/FC Koebenhavn (1-1)
Inter/Ludogorets Razgrad (2-0 to Inter)
Manchester United/Club Brugge (1-1)
Salzburg/Eintracht Frankfurt (1-4 to Eintracht)
Sevilla/CFR Cluj(1-1)

How do we see it shaping up? Im thinking

Rangers
Basel
Wolves
Porto
Roma
Sporting
AZ
Wolsburg
Getafe
Arsenal
Benfica
Celtic
Inter
Man U
Frankfurt
Sevilla
Let’s be bold and take Celtic next!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as we were away from home second leg last night then we are away the first leg next match.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as we were away from home second leg last night then we are away the first leg next match.

Doesn't work like that

Reason we were away was Braga were group winners and were home in the 2nd leg as a result

Back